Menu

15.03.18 Best Dressed

Which Was Your Favourite Lupita Nyong’o ‘Black Panther’ / Awards Season Look?

Mary J Blige's Cushnie et Ochs Governors Awards Gown

Mary J Blige’s Cushnie et Ochs Governors Awards Gown

Cate Blanchett In Giorgio Armani - Si Passione By Giorgio Armani Launch

Cate Blanchett In Giorgio Armani – Si Passione By Giorgio Armani Launch

16 Responses to Which Was Your Favourite Lupita Nyong’o ‘Black Panther’ / Awards Season Look?

1. Nat39 March 17, 2018 at 03:43 #

Her purple world premiere look is the expected standout, yet personally I just couldn’t get too excited about it, it was too on the nose for me. I loved how simply sexy she looked in Armani Prive at the Oscars after-party.

2. james March 16, 2018 at 11:29 #

She really did have a diversity of looks. But her Atelier Versace is my BDOTY so far. I loved her SAG Awards dress and she looked stunning at the Vanity Fair after party. I hope she does Cannes this year..

3. CreoleLady March 16, 2018 at 02:14 #

The Versace is on my BDOTY contender list. Superb, h2t. Wakanda forever.

• CreoleLady March 17, 2018 at 00:49 #

I should clarify — the purple Versace is on my BDOTY contender list. I also particularly liked the SAG R&R as well as the red Cushnie & Ochs pants set.

4. Isabela March 15, 2018 at 23:23 #

I can’t choose!

5. alvarospain March 15, 2018 at 23:22 #

Ralph & Russo at the SAG Awards.
    Runner up: Armani Privé at the Vanity Fair After Party.

6. Sandra March 15, 2018 at 21:23 #

I would have voted for the Armani Prive at the Vanity Fair party if it was on someone else. Lupita is too flat chested and it makes it look weird.

So instead I’m voting for the Ralph & Russo. She looked amazing in that dress and the metallic color looked so good on her.

7. meme March 15, 2018 at 19:25 #

I didn’t like a lot of these looks but the Ralph & Russo dress she wore to the SAGs was spectacular.

8. Mimi March 15, 2018 at 17:26 #

The first and last looks are just perfection.

9. Fiona-Brasil March 15, 2018 at 17:02 #

Ralph & Russo Couture…SAG Awards.

10. EmmaWoodhouse March 15, 2018 at 15:37 #

So exciting and bold! Love it.

1. World Premiere
    2. SAG awards
    3. Oscars

11. Chris March 15, 2018 at 15:13 #

1. Atelier Versace (LA Premiere)
    2. Armani Privé (Vanity Fair Oscar Party)
    3. Atelier Versace (Oscars)

4. Balmain (London Premiere)
    5. Ralph and Russo Couture (SAG Awards)

The first three are all BDOTY-worthy to me, I might change my opinion on the exact order of the three.

12. Maria F. March 15, 2018 at 14:58 #

in hindsight I did not like that many looks. I loved the Atelier Versace for the LA Premiere and somehow expected more colour in her long gowns, but she served us mostly metallic.

• Chris March 15, 2018 at 15:11 #

I feel like flowing gowns in gorgeous colors have been her formula for a while and you can’t really go wrong with that, so I’m actually kind of happy she didn’t go that route on the occasion, I actually thought this promo tour felt more inspired because she managed to look *amazing* without relying on bold, eye-catching colors a lot.
      Also, she was clearly going more of a ‘warrior’ route and going for a more armour-like quality, inspired by the movie, which probably is another big factor in the color schemes here and I think that was pretty on point.

13. Caroline March 15, 2018 at 14:23 #

1- SAG Awards in Ralph & Russo by far and away
    2- Oscars Vanity Fair After Party in Armani
    3- BAFTA Awards in Elie Saab
    4- Black Panther London Premiere in Balmain

14. Valeria March 15, 2018 at 13:36 #

so hard to choose, stunning looks!