Models @ The Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Models stormed the 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party on Sunday (March 4) in Beverly Hills, California, with a range of head-turning looks—for better or worse.

Alessandra Ambrosio: The naked dress had another showing with this Ralph & Russo Couture embellished, sheer design, styled with Lorraine Schwartz jewels and Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. There will be no doubt her body isn’t rocking, but I know eyes will be rolling at the complete transparency of the look.

Ashley Graham: This Rubin Singer gown featured a recognizable, slit-to-there silhouette, but it was the gleaming sheen that upped the ante. A swept-back hairstyle and Sophia Webster sandals completed the look.

Lily Aldridge: The golden-goddess look served Lily well in this Versace liquid-gold gown that had a certain chainmail effect. Christian Louboutin heels and Bvlgari jewels and bag finished her glamorously regal entrance.

Kendall Jenner: I have to give it to Kendall here, as I was really fascinated by this Redemption mini—at least from the waist up. It was bordering on dangerously short, but those sculptural sleeves in partnership with the gorgeous Lorraine Schwartz gemstone earrings were ever so striking.

Jasmine Tookes: Another vision of metallic gold, this Jean-Louis Sabaji gown may have featured a wealth of draping but the gossamer, sheer quality made it quite seductively revealing, too. John Hardy jewels completed the resplendent look.

Emily Ratajkowski: This Zac Posen cape gown had a Renaissance-influenced romantic quality to it, and it certainly was a surprise to see Emily opted for this period-style elegance that some might feel is a bit costume-y with her braid.

Sara Sampaio: Opting for a more playful approach, Sara donned a flirty Giambattista Valli Couture two-piece ensemble that had plenty of girlish charm. Yet, her sleek hair, red lip and Chopard jewels ensure the bow-accented design didn’t translate as too twee.

Lais Ribeiro: I like the diaphanous movement of this Zuhair Murad embellished gown’s chiffon draping. The shortened length of the gown on the opposite side was a bit odd, though. Stuart Weitzman sandals and jewels from Dena Kemp and Pasquale Bruni completed the look.

Kate Upton: There was an Old-Hollywood glamour to this ensemble, especially with the Hearts on Fire and Le Vian jewels. But something about the Vivienne Westwood Couture gown with its tapestry bodice came across as a bit dated.

Joan Smalls: High-octane dazzle was this Roberto Cavalli Couture gown’s M.O. I don’t blame her for keeping her hands at her waist, as the exposed corset boning that she covered up was one element too many in this multi-coloured, cutout design. John Hardy jewels completed the look.

Adriana Lima: I love the sweeping elegance of this Alberta Ferretti gown that offered an additional element of sculptural modernity at the back with a big bow-topped train. Her styling was perfected via Giuseppe Zanotti pointy heels and sparkling Chopard jewels along with a dynamic red lip.

Natasha Poly: The pretty-in-pink bubblegum hue of this Dundas off-the-shoulder chiffon gown made for such a girlish, flirty attitude.

Romee Strijd: This slinky Jenny Packham Pre-Fall 2018 gown was a study in black crystallization with a Lee Savage clutch to finish out the stunning look.

Naomi Campbell: The supermodel skipped the dress route in favour of an Alexandre Vauthier Spring 2018 bold-shoulder suit. As impressive as the pendant necklace was, I think she could have done without it to streamline the black-and-white statement.

Hailey Baldwin: The haphazard layers of this Atelier Versace mesh, metallic gown translated as messier than I would have liked—and her platform shoes didn’t exactly help the cause.

Toni Garrn: The sheer components of this Elie Saab gown were sultry yet modest enough to still be in good taste. It was the styling that I didn’t really understand, as the jewels seemed a bit mismatched and unnecessary and the gold Emm Kuo clutch a strange companion, too. Not to mention, her hair and makeup was an afterthought.

Martha Hunt: I would have liked to see this Marina Moscone Fall 2018 ensemble worn without the trousers, as they were a strange, bottom-heavy counterbalance to the feminine drape of the top.

Taylor Hill: The joys of minimalism were expressed in this coral Narciso Rodriguez cutout gown that proved that polished construction—and a matching coral-pink lip—is sometimes all you need.

Elsa Hosk: What can be said of this transparent, crystallized Alberta Ferretti gown, as the embellished sheer look has overstayed its welcome for most of us. I did love her old Hollywood wave and red lip—it just need a more elegant look to complement.

Shanina Shaik: And, the see-through streak continues with this Georges Hobeika Spring 2018 Couture gown, the embellishment of which was beautiful—had it been lined. Lorraine Schwartz statement earrings and Stuart Weitzman shoes accessorised the bare-all look.

Amber Valletta: This snappy, va-va-voom little Saint Laurent ’90s-inspired mini was a welcome reprieve from her sheer counterparts.

Karolina Kurkova: As the model likes to try out a range of directional, sharply tailored looks, I’m not surprised she was fascinated by this bronzed Balmain number. But, between the sheer mesh, army-green bra, and the Grecian drape not to mention the embellished mini, there were one too many styles to make a cohesive whole.

Hari Nef: We saw naked dresses in this lineup, but this Gucci caftan was on the opposite end of the spectrum with fierceness only coming by way of the tiger motif.

Heidi Klum: Oh Heidi… and I’m sure we had such high hopes for this Oscars party look, but the fit and fringe of the Ralph & Russo Spring 2018 Couture gown ruined any chance of that.

Stella Maxwell: This custom Julien Macdonald body-con design fit Stella like a glove. And, it’s a good thing as with a slit that high, every single centimeter counts. She wore René Caovilla sandals with the gown, but it was her fascinator that added such an artistic quality to the look whilst keeping it on a sophisticatedly sexy and alluring path.

Ebonee Davis: Ebonee was at the Elton John Party, where she worked an Aadnevik lace gown with John Hardy jewels. The tassel earrings are one thing, but I really couldn’t get on board with the blue nails and gold Giuseppe Zanotti sandals.

Credit: Getty

2018 Oscars & Oscar Parties Menswear Roundup

2018 Oscars & Oscar Parties Menswear Roundup

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2018 Oscars?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2018 Oscars?

21 Responses to Models @ The Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Cássia March 8, 2018 at 03:12 #

Bella hadid has already worn the Ralph and Russo dress that Alessandra Ambrósio is wearing

2. pinksugar March 7, 2018 at 03:10 #

Lais Ribeiro and Adriana look lovely, but the VS girls in general always look a bit cheap and desperate. I mean how many times do we need to see Alessandra and Stella’s tiny rear ends? The sleeves on Kendall’s dress are fabulous, but the deep plunge and way too short skirt have been done to death by her. Time for all of them to try something new.

3. Pheephee March 6, 2018 at 21:27 #

Jasmine Tookes looks dreamy….unless its really sheer. I cant quite tell if its showing underwear or not.
    I wish Kendalls mini was not so horribly short cause those sleeves are awesome.

4. Susie March 6, 2018 at 17:40 #

Jasmine looked absolutely stunning.

I liked Adriana, Natasha, Romee, and Taylor as well.

Emily had the most interesting dress (cut and color are exquisite) and I wished she had saved it for another event where it wouldn’t get lost in a sea of other models and dresses.

5. Maya S. March 6, 2018 at 14:29 #

Kendall and jasmine! My god they both look amazing.

6. Noemi March 6, 2018 at 13:59 #

Lily Aldridge, Kendall Jenner, Stella Maxwell, Amber Valletta and Emily Ratajkowski are my favorite ones. They all look amazing and I love their dresses.

7. Caroline March 6, 2018 at 13:40 #

Bella Hadid’s Cannes joke did not need a second round.

8. Caroline March 6, 2018 at 13:39 #

T A C K Y V I L L E.
    I like Romee and Queen Naomi.

9. TeaAtTwo March 6, 2018 at 10:56 #

Lily’s the best dressed of the group. Taylor looks simple but nicely done. Adriana is much improved from her viewing party disaster. I like that Martha went for something different and not predictable for models but the proportion don’t work. Alessandra might have well stayed with Victoria’s secret; get paid for showing her undies. Elsa’s hair and make up are beautiful but that’s just a horrible sheer dress. Emily was a nice surprise for not forcing sexiness for once. The rest I feel are blah, dated or tasteless.

10. james March 6, 2018 at 10:48 #

Jasmine took my breath away!

11. Fanny March 6, 2018 at 10:04 #

Jasmine, Emily, Natasha and Romee are my favourites.

12. Maria F. March 6, 2018 at 08:54 #

Nothing earth shattering, but some nice dresses.

Lily, Jasmine, Lais, Romee look good.

I also like Ashley. Nothing we have not seen before from her, but the dress is nicely fitted to her curves and the fabric is really funky. I wish she would have not posed with the leg out.

13. Miss H March 6, 2018 at 08:31 #

I try to refrain from leaving negative comments but Alessandra has pushed me over the edge. She may have a slamming figure but she may as well have come in her pants. The view from the back is even worse. These women wear clothes for a living, surely they should be able to do better than this?! (N.B. This doesn’t apply to all of them – in my opinion Lily, Jasmine, Natasha, Romee, Toni and Taylor look quite lovely. I think I’m just suffering from a bad case of ‘sheer’ rage).

14. Alina March 6, 2018 at 07:37 #

Emily and Adriana.

15. Olivia March 6, 2018 at 06:34 #

Unsurprisingly, Lily Aldridge is my favorite here.

16. Vizual Ninja March 6, 2018 at 06:07 #

Love Lily, Lais(even though it’s nothing we’ve never seen before), Emily(did she change stylist?) and Taylor. Everyone else is just meh or bad. Why does Kendall’s dress look so familiar? Have we seen it before, in white maybe?

17. EmmaWoodhouse March 6, 2018 at 05:32 #

Emily is my fave, and Lily and Jasmine look cool.

18. Mimi March 6, 2018 at 05:21 #

Yesss I was waiting for this post!

Romee, Kendall, Jasmine Tookes, EmRata are my favorite here!! They really brought it for me!! (Even if Kendall’s dress is way too short, those sleeves are giving me everything!!!) Jasmine looks like a queen and Romee is just flawless.

I also really enjoyed Hailey Baldwin, Natasha, and Lais.

— Alessandra looks even more desperate than Bella when she wore a similar dress. She looked fantastic last year in R&R so I’m very disappointed by this. Sara & Adriana were also disappointing for me.
    — Lily’s hair should’ve been up. Gorgeous dress.
    — Taylor Hill is giving me some old school glamour and I like it.
    — Heidi’s dress might’ve been good without the fringe.

19. Maya March 6, 2018 at 05:13 #

I LOVE Emily’s look – I usually don’t like her style but this is great.

• Susie March 6, 2018 at 17:41 #