Menu

29.01.18

Beyonce Knowles In Nicolas Jebran Couture – 2018 Grammy Awards

Beyonce was another star who skipped the red carpet at the 2018 Grammy Awards on Sunday (January 28) in New York City.

Queen Bey positively slayed at the Grammy Salute To Industry Icons Honoring Jay-Z, so I was waiting with bated breath to see if the level of powerful brilliance would continue tonight.

But, I cannot really answer that question, as it was difficult to see the full effect of this custom velveteen Nicolas Jebran Couture piece whilst she was seated.

Judging by the designer’s sketch, the hat-topped creation certainly possessed a striking sense of glamorous form.

I couldn’t quite see that magnificence manifested, as I would have preferred. Plus, her gigantic Lorraine Schwartz earrings really stole so much attention, as she was donning what amounted to $6.8 million worth of jewels.

Wearing her sunglasses at night, she topped off the look with an Alain Mikli ‘Le Matin’ pair.

Credit: Getty & Nicolas Jebran

Kelly Clarkson In Christian Siriano - 2018 Grammy Awards

Kelly Clarkson In Christian Siriano – 2018 Grammy Awards

Rihanna In Adam Selman - 2018 Grammy Awards Performance

Rihanna In Adam Selman – 2018 Grammy Awards Performance

23 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Nicolas Jebran Couture – 2018 Grammy Awards

1. Lidia January 29, 2018 at 17:49 #

Ashamed to say I used to be a fan of hers, especially now that she has become what she has become. She didn’t surprise me with the outfit: tacky, overdressed and over-jewelled, as always, with her inner inferiority complex. The sunglasses and the earrings were nails to this coffin.Both her and her husband have fallen into being boring and ridiculous, thinking they’re some kind of gods above anyone else. Shame on them, as people who are classy, talented and richer than they are NEVER scream money like they do. Pathetic.

• Thea January 29, 2018 at 23:54 #

What exactly is classy? To you Beyonce’s preferences are tacky and you even diagnosed her inferiority complex. She does what she wants, this is one way of expressing it. Not conforming to the norms set by a set of people to whom she will always be inferior. So she doesn’t give a damn.

2. EmmaWoodhouse January 29, 2018 at 16:53 #

I like Blue’s outfit better.

3. Meme January 29, 2018 at 12:41 #

Two posts on this narcissist is totally unnecessary. She acts like she is a superior being and believes that queen bey nonsense.

4. Miss H January 29, 2018 at 10:29 #

I am so over Beyonce. I don’t have anything positive to say so better to not say anything else at all 🙂

• meme January 29, 2018 at 14:27 #

I’m going to follow your lead and just not comment on her anymore. Ditto for any Monse mess posts.

5. ramdim January 29, 2018 at 08:26 #

You can view her full body shot on her website Beyonce.com

Anyway, Bruno also wears sunglasses inside but ain’t nobody complain about it lol

6. Alina January 29, 2018 at 06:31 #

Hate the sunglasses and earrings; can’t say I’m a fan of the hat.

I can’t have an opinion about the dress.

7. lucas January 29, 2018 at 05:34 #

every other man always wore sunglasses at those events but your bitter ass didn’t mind, did you

8. Effieee January 29, 2018 at 04:31 #

I always wonder how a designer feels when they create a custom piece for a celebrity, only to have them skip the red carpet.

Also she could’ve lost the hat while sitting in the audience.

9. Crystalline January 29, 2018 at 04:30 #

I don’t mind the hat and the dress. Hating the lipcolour and dark sunnies.

10. JHH January 29, 2018 at 03:34 #

Beyonce started believing her own hype years ago. I don’t mind that. It’s a function of being possibly the biggest star in the world. I hate sunglasses at night so that part is big no for me. The earrings are gaudy. What we can see of the dress looks interesting. Blue Ivy is killing it as usual.

11. SilentVisitor January 29, 2018 at 03:26 #

Beyonce has started to believe in her own hype…..sunglasses inside and at night?

Earrings are ok; since we can’t see a full picture, I will let give the look a pass.

The kid looks great and cute

• Mimi January 29, 2018 at 03:31 #

+1 I’m so over her air of superiority as well as her mediocre dressing

• brat January 29, 2018 at 06:02 #

Grandma church vibes. Her style is utterly mediocre, Mimi, you are correct. The sketch is stunning and someone like Sonam Kapoor who’s style team is pure artistry could’ve done it justice. Between the shades and the massive earrings the look is completely overcooked. I don’t even care what it looks like when she stands up because it’s already a fail. She doesn’t have the style or the presence to pull off such a dramatic look. Blue wins hands down. Her last look was far more successful though the beret was a bit much.

• Maria F. January 29, 2018 at 09:32 #

i agree about the look being overcooked. She always takes it a step to far into cheeseland, which is a bummer, because the dress itself is not bad at all (for her standard) and if she keeps it a bit more low key her natural beauty shines through.

Does she bring the drama? Yes. Is she well dressed and does she do justices to her beauty and the dress? Not really.

• Meme January 29, 2018 at 12:42 #

She lives in cheese land.

• Thea January 29, 2018 at 23:56 #

Yeah she does because she stopped caring about what people have to say. Because she doesn’t have to. It is literally just that, and it is right look at the comment section.

12. Christine January 29, 2018 at 03:25 #

She could’ve stood up and let the in-house photographer took a full shot.

The hat and earrings brought the drama

13. Pheephee January 29, 2018 at 03:19 #

Im feeling nothing here.
    except for the earrings maybe, they look pretty major.

• Pheephee January 29, 2018 at 03:20 #

and sunglasses inside…at night….grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Jasmine January 29, 2018 at 03:32 #

14. Nat39 January 29, 2018 at 03:10 #

The little girl steals attention here.