Menu

21.01.18

Allison Williams In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2018 SAG Awards

I had to do a double-take when I saw Allison Williams at the 2018 SAG Awards on Sunday (January 21) in LA, as I thought I was seeing Dita Von Teese’s doppelganger.

It wasn’t only her porcelain, alabaster complexion contrasted by that dark, retro ’do and red lip that echoed Dita’s signature look. It was also the sharp lines of the shapely corset and slinky, beaded fringe of this custom Ralph & Russo Couture gown.

Allison’s style has recently leapt from safely minimal to more experimental territory, and I think it’s safe to say that the bolder form continued here.

Fernando Jorge and Lena Wald jewels, including an ear cuff, offered a modern take on sparkle that didn’t compete with the all-over embellishment of this sculptural, fit-to-perfection piece.

The shimmying movement of that fringe is really what gives so much life to this dazzling design, though.

Allison’s looks have recently divided the vote. Is this glamorous offering a yay or nay for you?

Credit: Getty

Sadie Sink In Chanel - 2018 SAG Awards

Sadie Sink In Chanel – 2018 SAG Awards

Natalia Dyer In Christian Dior Couture - 2018 SAG Awards

Natalia Dyer In Christian Dior Couture – 2018 SAG Awards

27 Responses to Allison Williams In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2018 SAG Awards

1. Fanny January 22, 2018 at 15:32 #

Love!

2. Paige January 22, 2018 at 15:19 #

I think the dress is absolutely divine but she WAY over did it with hair, makeup, and accessories. I know this is an awards show but the Sag Awards overall has a more lax feel than the Oscars or Globes and I think she looks painfully overdone – so try-hard. The shoes are terrible too.

I love AW but this is a huge no from me – even this perfect dress can save this desperate attempt at red carpet glamour.

3. Amy January 22, 2018 at 08:31 #

she went in. I like the retro feel and the embellished bodice. Allison looks great but the dress would be even better with a slightly fuller figure

4. Alina January 22, 2018 at 08:02 #

Gorgeous dress, I do not like the hair and makeup.

5. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang January 22, 2018 at 04:24 #

Allison Williams looks like a 1920’s bombshell walking out of the era of Renaissance. The side rolled bun and the bold red lip gives this embellished fringed gown an injection of old Hollywood glamour, and personally I think this is one of her best looks ever!! Well done Allison, killing it like a true ice queen!!

6. pinksugar January 22, 2018 at 04:11 #

I almost always love what Allison wears and this is no exception. This is what I love seeing on the red carpet from her. But for so long she had that awful washed out blonde hair, and now it’s way too dark and making her look like the Corpse Bride. Hopefully she will find her way back to a more flattering shade of brown soon.

7. Caitlin January 22, 2018 at 04:09 #

LOVE this.

Also love how R&R is kind of taking over Marchesa’s spot as the most ornate dress on a red carpet. They were always sculptural but getting more and more intricate offerings now, it’s filling a spot in my soul for old-world glamour <3

8. Nicole January 22, 2018 at 03:17 #

I have a really weak spot for fringe dresses and this one is not a expection to that! Ralph & Russo does no wrong!

9. VG January 22, 2018 at 03:12 #

Wow! Stunning! Probably my favourite from tonight! It’s so good, I wish she saved it for the Oscars tbh

10. JHH January 22, 2018 at 01:56 #

I like this hair color so much better than the blonde look that she had before that I am giving very outfit the benefit of the doubt. This new color is a bit too dark and I hate the wet hair look but it is still better than the blonde. The dress is lovely until you get to the car wash effect at the knees.

• Maria F. January 22, 2018 at 10:01 #

I like the dress until the knees and i think they should have just added a third tier instead of changing up the design.

11. Nat39 January 22, 2018 at 01:44 #

Striking! Full-on stylization, the gown is stunning. One of the standouts of the night.

• Caroline January 22, 2018 at 02:12 #

• anonymous as always January 22, 2018 at 02:44 #

• Susie January 22, 2018 at 06:18 #

12. Pheephee January 22, 2018 at 00:53 #

I think its nice. A little stiff up top and I hate wet hair look. But overall, its a lovely dress I think. Im not bothered by her haircolor like others seem to be.

13. Schoolbea January 22, 2018 at 00:34 #

Finally a great makeup look on her! The hair, however, looks a bit limp, maybe not what they were going for.

Hard to judge a fringed dress without seeing it in motion, I’ll give it the benefit of the doubt, although I’m not too fond of the contrast between the movement of the fringe and the rigid corset top.

14. Meme January 22, 2018 at 00:17 #

Again, i didn’t recognize her. Chop that silly fringe off and the dress would be so much better. Girl needs a burger.

15. Martin January 21, 2018 at 23:56 #

Yay on the dress, nay on the beauty look. As someone who didn’t warm to her recent blonde hair colour, there is also something quite off about the new brown do. In addition to the colour being too dark, if you are going to do marcel waves they need to be soft yet structured. Her hair looks limp and wet here. The dress, on the other hand, is magnificent.

• AnnieOh January 22, 2018 at 00:05 #

• Isabela January 22, 2018 at 00:09 #

I agree about the hair, i just saw her on TV and it looks bad

• Mimi January 22, 2018 at 14:24 #

+3 totally agree about the hair

16. AnderBoBo January 21, 2018 at 23:55 #

Way too much going on

17. Maya January 21, 2018 at 23:52 #

I almost liked this, but then I scrolled down…I think it would be much better if the bottom tier wasn’t so sparse.

18. Evita January 21, 2018 at 23:51 #

I just wish that the transition on the skirt from the different fringes would be done better. Knees down it looks weird, maybe the dress would be better if the whole skirt was done like the top part of the fringe. Sorry if I don’t make any sense. Anyway she looks great

19. CTgirl January 21, 2018 at 23:51 #

Honestly, this dress emphasizes her skeletal frame. Perhaps a dress with less inner corseting would have been a better choice. I like the hair and makeup.

20. Isabela January 21, 2018 at 23:51 #

I love her make up, she looks stunning! I don’t like these types of dresses because i think that the top looks too stiff. I would like to see these in movement though.