Menu

Nicole Kidman In Erdem – Casting Society Of America’s 33rd Annual Artios Awards

Nicole Kidman was one of the presenters at the Casting Society Of America’s 33rd Annual Artios Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on Thursday (January 18) in Beverly Hills, California.

Even thought there isn’t a full length picture, I was initially excited about this Erdem Spring 2018 gown, mostly because of the colour and those gorgeous cascading ruffles.

However, once splicing the pictures together, my eyes were drawn immediately to nude slip dress.

Both the tone and the length were unfortunately so wrong.

The length should’ve either stopped short at the opening at the front, or she could’ve gone the tonal granny panties and bra route, which I can’t see happening during my lifetime.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Olivia Holt In SemSem - Freeform Summit

Olivia Holt In SemSem – Freeform Summit

Nieves Alvarez In Victoria Beckham - Vogue Spain's Dinner for Victoria Beckham

Nieves Alvarez In Victoria Beckham – Vogue Spain’s Dinner for Victoria Beckham

16 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Erdem – Casting Society Of America’s 33rd Annual Artios Awards

1. Stephanie January 20, 2018 at 22:57 #

how could she honestly step out in the dress with this lining going on and think this looks ok?

dreadful HOORRRRrIBLE lining… how much does her team hate her to allow this?

2. Marie January 20, 2018 at 00:09 #

I think the colour and design are absolutely lovely on her and I’m even prepared to give the weird choice of undergarment a pass because she wears the rest of the look so well.
    And in any case, there isn’t really an ideal solution for a design like this. Dresses like this make me angry, because they can never be worn to their full potential. It’s like the designer doesn’t want them to look good off the runway.

• Giada January 21, 2018 at 13:34 #

I fully agree with this part: “Dresses like this make me angry, because they can never be worn to their full potential. It’s like the designer doesn’t want them to look good off the runway.”

You pinpointed exactly what I find so annoying with dresses like this one. It’s as if the designers are saying: “Well YOU bought it, you deal with it now. To hell with wearability!”

3. Fee January 20, 2018 at 00:05 #

Nicole’s hair choices are so hit and miss and that lining is just plain wrong. This dress could have been breathtaking if more care had been taken in presentation.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2018 at 20:55 #

The lace and color are beautiful but it is one of those dresses that it’s almost impossible to line…and I don’t want the panties route either. Honestly the whole thing ends up being too fussy and tight. I hope she goes for more majesty in future.

5. Lidia January 19, 2018 at 20:18 #

The length and the color of the lining make it look ridiculous or odd at best. Why would anyone pick (or paid a stylist to pick) a dress that can hardly work on anyone in any way, I don’t know, but at least after Halle Berry’s and other women’s ‘sheer’ antics, she decided not to go 3/4 naked.

6. AnnieOh January 19, 2018 at 19:11 #

the only thing i like is the color.

7. Alina January 19, 2018 at 18:47 #

Nicole, please, for the love of sleek looks, no more ruffles!

8. Maria F. January 19, 2018 at 16:24 #

why pick a dress you cannot wear with the appropriate undergarments? It also seems such a rookie mistake.

9. JHH January 19, 2018 at 15:33 #

No all around — hair, styling, the lining, the dress itself are all pretty poor. The only good thing about this look is the color.

10. Pheephee January 19, 2018 at 15:12 #

O that lining is so so bad. Wrong color entirely. The dress itself though is rather lame.

11. meme January 19, 2018 at 14:45 #

This is just too frou frou for me. Nicole seems to love this type of dress. I don’t like it on the runway and it’s even worse on Nicole with that silly white slip. Just line the damn dress.

12. Effieee January 19, 2018 at 13:52 #

A tonal full-length slip would’ve been lovely.

13. Mimi January 19, 2018 at 13:50 #

Is she wearing a different shade of green than the runway version? I really prefer the runway color (unless it’s just the lighting). This dress is stunning on the runway!

• Leandra January 19, 2018 at 14:30 #

Sure is the lighting. Look at her hair… it’s green-ish as well.

14. CTgirl January 19, 2018 at 13:43 #

Nicole needs to get out of this twee lace, ruffles and just overdone phase that she’s been in for a couple of years now. The runway look works because it isn’t lined. Nicole’s white slip is distracting and somehow makes her look confined in all that lace. The wig-like hair is just horrible.