Menu

19.01.18 Menswear

Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2018

Louis Vuitton men’s artistic director Kim Jones took his final bow at the brand during the Fall 2018 Menswear show on Thursday (January 18) during Paris Fashion Week. Of course, the front row was buzzing with a roster of guests, with everyone wearing LV—save for Victoria Beckham, who was naturally representing her own namesake line.

David Beckham: David delivered his signature steely stare and edgy sexiness with effortlessly relaxed flair in this monochromatic navy ensemble topped by a nubby, army-green trench and blinding white sneakers.

Brooklyn Beckham: Like father, like son; Brooklyn showed that good style runs in the family with this look that married the playful, youthful quirk of the printed word shirt and skinny, slouched trousers with a classic, tweedy overcoat.

Joe Jonas: Opting for a more experimental look, Joe paired this twist on a Hawaiian-print shirt with satiny joggers and platform sneakers for an interesting, directional style statement. Although, perhaps the look was calling out for a fanny pack, as well.

Neymar Jr: The pro Brazilian footballer brought plenty of his own stylistic attitude to this ensemble that was neatly presented in a sporty-stylish package. I like the addition of the metallic bomber to add dimension to the look.

James Marsden: How different do those white-sole sneakers look on James than Joe, when paired off with this sharp selection of well-fitted separates that were preppy-handsome in all the right ways.

Xavier Dolan: At first glance, this may seem like a standard navy suit. But, the devil was in the details of this clever, tailored ensemble—from the exposed seaming, to the textural fabric, and the ‘Louis’ emblazoned on the tie. Sometimes, it’s the little things that make all the difference.

Will Peltz: I like the luxe, cosy edge that this plush overcoat brought to this slouchy, collegiate look—with the mod horn-rimmed glasses and the platform shoes offering the final nerdy-handsome touch.

Gwendoline Christie: This look was all about tailored sophistication with the relaxed drape of the trench coat balancing the more structured cut of the statuesque actress’s blouse and trousers.

Victoria Beckham: As we’ve come to expect, she yet again embraced a boldly saturated colour scheme with this Victoria Beckham Pre-Fall 2018 ensemble that was thoroughly VB—right down to the long hems of the roomy trousers, which didn’t exactly play well with the wintry dampness of the streets.

Kevin Trapp: Turtlenecks can be tricky, but Kevin mastered his with such suave appeal in this sleek look that was perfectly topped off with the silky richness of that leather bomber.

Liu Hao: This look appealed to the softer side of the brand, with the draped trench coat—similar to Gwendoline’s—and pinstripe blouse providing a more androgynous take on menswear. The trousers and chunky loafers brought boyish quirk back to the look.

Jérémie Laheurte: Between the logo jumper and the camo parka, the look could have felt a bit contrived and overstyled. But the relaxed trousers and those contrasting sneakers took it down a notch.

Special guests Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell took a supermodel strut down the runway with designer Kim Jones. I love the chic appeal of their logo trench coats, taken to edgier territory with the glossy sheen and the clunky combat boots—the perfect combination of classic and cool.

Credit: Courtesy of Getty

Issa Rae In Altuzarra - An Artist at the Table Cocktail Reception @ Sundance Film Festival

Issa Rae In Altuzarra – An Artist at the Table Cocktail Reception @ Sundance Film Festival

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

17 Responses to Front Row @ Louis Vuitton Fall 2018

1. Tiffany January 21, 2018 at 20:57 #

It’s Liu Hao Ran, not Liu Hao.

2. Noemi January 20, 2018 at 14:17 #

David Beckham, James Marsden and Xavier Dolan are my favorite ones. I also like Liu Hao, interesting style.

3. Nat39 January 20, 2018 at 02:18 #

Liu Hao’s style stands apart for me.

• Nat39 January 20, 2018 at 02:36 #

..don’t find anything particularly fashionable about David Beckham’s look. He does have a commanding presence, but he basically threw a coat over your basic casual outfit, he is a bit below par for me here.

• Nat39 January 20, 2018 at 02:50 #

…and please no more lazy white sneakers unless they are really “connected” to the look and the wearer.

• charleneg January 20, 2018 at 02:50 #

Agree but I’d rather see a basic coat look than a basic suit that he wears all the time. I miss the 90s or was it early 2000s Beckham when he had fun with sarongs and leather.

4. Martin January 19, 2018 at 23:13 #

Poor Joe Jonas. He is trying SO HARD that the ensemble is almost painful to look at it.

5. EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2018 at 21:29 #

Kevin Trapp looks super great (and hot).

6. Jess January 19, 2018 at 20:23 #

I feel so awkward looking at Joe, its all kinds of bad. Victoria looks bad as usual, especially next to Gwendoline who is showing her how to do interesting, tailored elegance properly.

7. Kimma January 19, 2018 at 19:36 #

David looks amazing as usual – I just wish for a different shoe. Neymar Jr would get my vote. Gwendoline is in her element. Victoria just no. Joe Jonas is a tool.

8. charleneg January 19, 2018 at 19:25 #

A surprisingly stylish group of men, like actual proper ‘STYLE’ for celebrity menswear.

For me, the hits are –

Liu Hao (favourite here) / Will Peltz / David Beckham / Neymar Jr

Almost hits –

Brooklyn Beckham (love the shirt and coat but the rolled up pants are unflattering imo)
    Jérémie Laheurte (for me the logo jumper and the camo parka DOES feel contrived and also clashing)
    James Marsden (the officewear trousers do not go with the rest of the outfit)

Miss –
    Joe Jonas

Standard – Boring is even worse to me than a miss.
    Kevin Trapp
    Xavier Dolan (What is up with gay men being the more conservatively dressed ones these days?

9. meme January 19, 2018 at 18:48 #

Well, LV men’s clothing certainly isn’t half as hideous as their women’s clothing. I like Gwendolyn’s outfit. Elegant and comfy.

10. Pheephee January 19, 2018 at 18:46 #

Wow. This is a great looking, well-put together bunch….
    except for Joe, who looks like a complete dweeb and completely out of place.

I think Gwendoline looks wonderful. Victoria looks good, except for the too long pants which peeve me off. I love Wills coat. It just looks super comfy.

11. Alina January 19, 2018 at 18:28 #

Yes to the Beckham men.

12. JHH January 19, 2018 at 18:28 #

I’m sorry but I can’t take Joe Jonas seriously in this look. Maybe it’s the pose. Kevin Trapp and Will Peltz are killing their very different looks. The rest look good though I do wish Victoria Beckham had hemmed the pants.

• meme January 19, 2018 at 18:49 #

LOL me neither, but I can’t take him seriously any time. I don’t know who Kevin Trapp is but he looks very handsome in that outfit.

• bisbee January 20, 2018 at 20:31 #

I really wish Victoria would stop wearing those pants that drag on the ground.
      Also…what are those bumps on Gwendoline’s feet? They look like ganglia…she should have that taken care of.