Menu

Andra Day In Giorgio Armani – 2018 NAACP Image Awards

Andra Day stepped out at the 2018 NAACP Image Awards on Monday (January 15) in Pasadena, California, where she was nominated for Outstanding Duo or Group and Outstanding Female Artist.

I must confess that my eye went to her bold makeup and embellished waves when I first saw this.

It’s quite a feat given the rich mix of colours and dynamic lines on her Giorgio Armani Fall 2017 gown.

The singer is wholly committed to a retro vibe, but she gives it her own modern edge. And I think this head-turning dress with Christian Louboutin ‘Tres Frais’ satin sandals is in her wheelhouse.

It’s a lot of look, but I’m on board with everything, save for the sheer top.

Christian Louboutin ‘Tres Frais’ Satin Sandals

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Sonequa Martin Green In Christian Dior - 2018 NAACP Image Awards

Sonequa Martin Green In Christian Dior – 2018 NAACP Image Awards

Mandy Moore In Vika Gazinskaya - 2018 NAACP Image Awards

Mandy Moore In Vika Gazinskaya – 2018 NAACP Image Awards

15 Responses to Andra Day In Giorgio Armani – 2018 NAACP Image Awards

1. Sanya January 16, 2018 at 22:27 #

Great look. There are some Rihanna vibes here, but she looks amazing. I would say that this is a BDOTW worthy look.

2. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang January 16, 2018 at 19:06 #

To be honest, Taiwanese singer/actress Ella Chen first wore this Giorgio Armani dress back in November 2017 when she attended Taiwan Golden Horse Awards alongside Jessica Chastain. Ella’s sleek ponytail and effortless styling wins me over, whereas Andra overcooked the look with marcel waves and drop earrings. So Ella Chen wins this fashion faceoff easily!! http://pic-bucket.nosdn.127.net/photo/0026/2017-11-25/D442AJP900A70026NOS.jpg

3. JHH January 16, 2018 at 17:51 #

I feel like Andra is trying to copy Rihanna style. There is way too much going here with the hair, makeup, nails, sheer, etc. but somehow despite the sheer, I still like it and she looks good. Lined, would have been my favorite look of the night at this event.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 16, 2018 at 17:09 #

I usually enjoy her funky retro style but this look feels heavy and overdone, not to mention the sheer factor.

5. TeaAtTwo January 16, 2018 at 15:38 #

Shame about the exposed nipple because the rest of look is really interesting.

• Alina January 17, 2018 at 06:29 #

6. Pheephee January 16, 2018 at 15:17 #

Way too sheer up top. Doesn’t need to be. Dress itself woulda been fine without sheer parts.
    Altogether though, this is a way too busy look. I like the earrings on their own.
    I also don’t like the shoe color. It doesn’t quite work here.

7. Giada January 16, 2018 at 15:03 #

Like you said, it’s a lot of look, but I actually kinda love it. I love the dress!

• Caroline January 17, 2018 at 01:50 #

8. Crystalline January 16, 2018 at 15:01 #

The makeup is too bold, the hairstyle is too jarring, the styling is overcooked, she wore too many accessories. Also the shoes are too contrast and the top is overly sheer. All in all this is not a good look.

• meme January 16, 2018 at 15:25 #

9. Maria F. January 16, 2018 at 14:56 #

i did not realize it was see through until Eni mentioned it. Bummer.

Otherwise i love it, she has so much fun with fashion. The beauty look with the waves is so funky.

10. Eni January 16, 2018 at 14:48 #

Seriously!? I can see her nipples… no thanks.

11. Charlotte January 16, 2018 at 14:03 #

There’s a lot going on!

The dress looks good on her and I love her make up and hairstyle.
    Less jevelry (no rings, no cuffs) would have been better. Still, the look works on her.

12. H January 16, 2018 at 13:57 #

This is so interesting and I love it!!