Menu

11.01.18 Advertising

I was surprised to learn that this Stuart Weitzman Spring 2018 advertising campaign was the first time Gigi Hadid and Kate Moss have been photographed together.

Shot by renowned fashion photographer Mario Testino, the images capture two iconic supermodels embodying the brand’s multi-generational appeal while showcasing the essential silhouettes of the season.

With a nod to Stuart Weitzman’s legendary past campaigns and a look into the brand’s exciting future, the international supermodel pairing captures the essence of strong, powerful women.

The campaign takes a step in a bold, new creative direction with the addition of male supermodel Jordan Barrett, featured sans shoes.

Each image is a dynamic vignette in which the models play off of one another revealing the brand’s new collection of women’s shoes — from the tough motorcycle EXPERT boot to the ornate IRISES and FRINGENUDIST, available for sale and pre-order on www.stuartweitzman.com.

Taraji P. Henson In Alexander Wang - Hennessy VSOP Privilege's Dinner

Taraji P. Henson In Alexander Wang – Hennessy VSOP Privilege’s Dinner

The Inaugural Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society Award Ceremony

The Inaugural Los Angeles Online Film Critics Society Award Ceremony

13 Responses to Gigi Hadid and Kate Moss star in Stuart Weitzman’s Spring 2018 advertising campaign

1. Caitlin January 11, 2018 at 22:34 #

I don’t think their energies match each other. Kate looks bored and Gigi appears to be over-selling it as high fashion/editorial instead of an ad for shoes.

In general I don’t think either needed the other’s presence TBH. Seems like a clumsy attempt to “appeal to everyone” so to speak by using Supers of different generations… although call me biased but Kate is an icon no matter what age or period.

2. TeaAtTwo January 11, 2018 at 16:11 #

I’m not really feeling this campaign as capturing female strength and empowerment and I’m eye rolling at literal standing on male as an attempt to portray that.

3. Leandra January 11, 2018 at 14:45 #

Kate photoshopped within an inch of her life and the other “only one face l” model doing the only face she can, very much like sistah.
    Quite uninspiring campaign.

• meme January 11, 2018 at 17:02 #

The photoshop of all photoshop.

4. EmmaWoodhouse January 11, 2018 at 14:33 #

Don’t love the ad designs…shoes are OK.

5. Mimi January 11, 2018 at 12:23 #

*prepares self for all the negative comments about Gigi*

• Meme January 11, 2018 at 13:36 #

Gigi’s fine but, man, that’s some heavy duty airbrushing on Kate. What’s the point?

6. Martin January 11, 2018 at 12:20 #

The model on the floor in the first image is not female – it’s a male model named Jordan Barrett.

Having said that, I am not a fan of the campaign either. It strikes me as quite awkward and contrived – Kate has seen better days and no-one will ever be able to convince me that Gigi is a legitimate model.

7. CreoleLady January 11, 2018 at 12:07 #

Three blonde women , two of whom wearing baby doll clothes showing their undies in white . Powerful (not). Two of whom in black with their foot upon another woman, yeah, wearing white. WTF. Stupid. I even dislike the shoes as a result of this imagery.

• meme January 11, 2018 at 14:27 #

• anonymous as always January 11, 2018 at 14:42 #

The model on the floor is male actually. But I do agree with you. Not a fan of the photos and shoes, although I do love Stuart Weitzman in general.

• CreoleLady January 11, 2018 at 22:19 #

Well he looked like a woman to me so thanks for the correction. I completely detest this ad, male or female.

• anonymous as always January 12, 2018 at 14:10 #

Yeah, I am suprised this is Mario Testino… Male or female, as you said, this ad looks awkward and doesn’t really make any sense.