Menu

23.12.17 Best Of

Best Promo Tour of the Year, Most Consistent & Breakout Star of 2017

Zendaya Coleman has recently embarked on ‘The Greatest Showman’ promo tour, and it is apropos that this is the film that has wrapped up her ‘greatest’ style year thus far.

But, even earlier on in 2017, she caught our eye with an equally strong promo tour for ‘Spider Man: Homecoming.’

There was no better way to close out her successful year than with that Moschino butterfly dress—visually recognizing how much the starlet has taken flight this year.

With her wide range of strong looks that also include Delpozo and Ralph & Russo Couture ensembles, among so many other designers, she’s really set the pace for promo tours, raising the bar on what a sartorially successful tour should look like.

Not only did Zendaya have the Best Promo Tours of the Year, she was our Most Consistent and Breakout Star of 2017.

She may only be 21, but we’ve known that statuesque Zendaya to be a fashionable force to be reckoned with for some time, as she’s proved herself fearless in the face of ever-changing looks that still maintain consistent polish and panache.

But, it was in 2017, that her sartorial sass of punchy, power looks and colouful, chameleonic creativity fully bloomed to really dominate the scene.

We recently called her transformation over the last 12 months ‘stratospheric,’ and there’s no better way to characterize this starlet’s rise to style.

It’s not just her fashion choices that make a statement, though. It’s the authority with which she wears them—from head to toe—that really commands attention and sets her apart.

I cannot wait to see what 2018 holds for Z.

Credit: Getty & Backgrid

Entertainer of the Year & Street Style Star of 2017 - Celine Dion

Entertainer of the Year & Street Style Star of 2017 – Celine Dion

Emerging Brand of the Year - Johanna Ortiz

Emerging Brand of the Year – Johanna Ortiz

17 Responses to Best Promo Tour of the Year, Most Consistent & Breakout Star of 2017

1. Dana December 27, 2017 at 15:53 #

Yes, Yes, Yes to all of these looks and several more I can think of! Zendaya had an amazing 2017!

2. Amy December 27, 2017 at 12:21 #

Zendaya killed it all year long.

3. kelly December 24, 2017 at 01:53 #

Even just looking at the photos posted, those last three looks are easily on my top 10 list for the year. It doesn’t hurt that Zendaya is almost super model height and super gorgeous.

4. Christine December 23, 2017 at 22:21 #

I agree with Breakout Star and even Best Promo tour, but not most consistent. She is anything, but that.

5. Caroline December 23, 2017 at 15:24 #

Nope.
    Annabelle Wallis or Sofia Boutella for The Mummy had way better looks.
    How did Elle Fanning not win most consistent???? Zendaya is a hit or miss girl, far from consistent.
    I voted for Millie Bobby Brown as breakout star.
    I guess I just don’t see it with this girl. Never have, never will. Let’s move on.

6. JHH December 23, 2017 at 14:57 #

I don’t agree with any of these but I guess the people have spoken. For promo tour, my choice was Annabel Wallis for the Mummy but I can see how Zendaya won but most consisten, that makes no sense to me.

7. Alina December 23, 2017 at 10:53 #

Wow, I don’t agree with any of these.

Best Promo Tour was Annabelle Wallis for me. She had a BDOTY worthy moment and at least other two gorgeous outings (Taiwan and Madrid premieres). Zendaya had more misses than hits during the Spider Man tour.

Most Consistent… Just no. Her style is far from consistent.

My Breakout Star was Rebecca Hall, with special mention to Mandy Moore.

8. Trinny December 23, 2017 at 06:36 #

Well deserved! I absolutely adore her and her approach to fashion.

• Fiona-Brasil December 23, 2017 at 15:59 #

+ 1

9. CaroChanel December 23, 2017 at 06:06 #

Very well deserved in all three categories! Huge fan of her style!

10. Pheephee December 23, 2017 at 02:32 #

It be hard to deny her fashion rise. She has become better n better each year. Not consistent, I agree with the others in that, but definitely has fashion charisma.
    How someone so young has so much poise is beyond me.

11. Mimi December 23, 2017 at 00:37 #

I love zendaya and her style for the most part but “most consistent” definitely doesn’t spring to mind.

• Nat39 December 23, 2017 at 01:07 #

Agreed! Yes to the promo tour and breakout star, but “Most Consistent” is NOT her award!

• Nat39 December 23, 2017 at 01:25 #

..really, she is anything but consistent. She is bright and strong, but a bit off and confusing at times. I’ve enjoyed her bold approach, but I don’t think “consistent” describes her.

• Leandra December 23, 2017 at 14:38 #

Even though I love Zendaya’s style I think Tilda, Nicole and Cate come to mind as “more consistent”.

• VG December 23, 2017 at 03:41 #

I agree. I personally think Nicole Kidman deserved the “Most Consistent” award. She attended so many events and looked great each and every single time.
      Zendaya is fun but she’s too experimental to be consistent. That’s not a bad thing because she’s young and should have fun with fashion…but yeah…I just wouldn’t call her consistent.

12. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2017 at 00:34 #

YASSS!!! She deserves all this and more. Even the range shown by these few looks is FABULOUS. And her POISE! And her styling. Just wow. She’s an idol.