Menu

23.12.17 Best Of

Best Dressed Male of the Year – Timothée Chalamet

I know I’m not the only one crushing on Timothée Chalamet’s style. After all, he was ranked your Best Dressed Man of 2017, too

The ‘Lady Bird’ actor is all of 22 years of age, yet he’s showing fellow actors twice his age and experience how red-carpet style is done.

One element that stands out so strongly about Timothée (besides his hair) is his sartorial diversity, as he clearly doesn’t rely on a singular formula to perfect his ensembles.

Instead, he just as effortlessly wears a purple Berluti suede jacket as he does a crisp Gucci plaid suit and a rich velvet Saint Laurent suit. His looks are never forced, but always fashionable.

Nor is he afraid to skip the tie, as he consistently shows how smooth going tie-less can look.

Credit: Getty

Stella's Got Her Groove Back - Kirsten Dunst

Stella’s Got Her Groove Back – Kirsten Dunst

Brand Ambassador of the Year - Alicia Vikander for Louis Vuitton

Brand Ambassador of the Year – Alicia Vikander for Louis Vuitton

10 Responses to Best Dressed Male of the Year – Timothée Chalamet

1. charleneg January 4, 2018 at 19:28 #

There is no variety in men’s outfits. Just three examples and none we haven’t seen before. Harry Styles should’ve probably have that title at least among the celebs (of the Western hemisphere :)) Celebs from South or East asia are much better dressed. Also men who actually follow menswear religiously as in the ones posing on the streets during fashion week have much much more style.

2. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang December 24, 2017 at 14:10 #

In my humble opinion, I would give my vote to Timothee Chalamet too!! Timmy is my long time cutie crush, and he has grown into a fine young man in front of us!! He’s definitely one on the must-watch list. Uber-talented and impeccably dressed, my crush towards him only deepens every time he steps out on the red carpet, that’s a cool hunky customer I wouldn’t miss out for sure!! Long live Timothee Chalamet, and long live my favorite boy crush!!

3. Nat39 December 24, 2017 at 02:07 #

It’s a good choice, I voted for his Berluti, and his last plaid Gucci at GQ Men of the Year party was a well-done look for him, but I wish he had upheld the quality of execution to this 2 looks, b/c his other ones were average and below, and often with some fit issues. I hope he will show more consistency next year.

4. Christine December 23, 2017 at 23:35 #

I am not mad at this, but I miss Ryan Gosling and Andrew Garfield.

5. EmmaWoodhouse December 23, 2017 at 21:51 #

Caleb McLaughlin for me. I don’t really find Timothee as put-together as some others, but he definitely has style.

• Lashae December 23, 2017 at 23:50 #

• Nat39 December 24, 2017 at 03:20 #

Similar thoughts. Timothee showed some style, he started incredibly well with his winning Berluti and ended on the good note with Gucci, but other than these 2 looks he didn’t really show a high level of execution. Caleb was on a more solid level consistently, while also showing variety and plenty of flair.

6. Carmen December 23, 2017 at 21:39 #

Love Timmy’s style. Great choice.

7. Caroline December 23, 2017 at 15:31 #

My vote went for Rami Malek.

• Alina December 23, 2017 at 20:29 #

Mine too. Donald Glover and Riz Ahmed were my other two favourites.