Menu

Zendaya Coleman In Viktor & Rolf – ‘The Greatest Showman’ World Premiere

Zendaya Coleman certainly lived up to expectations when she stepped onto the red carpet for the world premiere of ‘The Greatest Showman’ aboard the Queen Mary 2 at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal on Friday (December 8) in New York City.

I love how this signature Viktor & Rolf Spring 2018 ball gown receives a decadently romantic re-do in black and red for maximum impact which is enhanced by the cascading asymmetrical cuts.

It’s edgy, while still being lady-like. It’s classic, yet still feels modern. She totally nailed the look, while ticking all the right boxes.

The silhouette may not possess the flair of the Spring 2010 collection, but I’m still left in awe.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Victoria Justice's Alice + Oliva Annabeth Ruffled Dress

Victoria Justice’s Alice + Oliva Annabeth Ruffled Dress

Rebecca Ferguson In Ralph Lauren - 'The Greatest Showman' World Premiere

Rebecca Ferguson In Ralph Lauren – ‘The Greatest Showman’ World Premiere

25 Responses to Zendaya Coleman In Viktor & Rolf – ‘The Greatest Showman’ World Premiere

1. Jay December 10, 2017 at 22:41 #

I wish us looked like the lookbook version. Her version looks deflated.

2. VG December 10, 2017 at 03:22 #

There is really nothing special or exciting about this. The dress is basic and I don’t like the way it’s styled.

3. Amy December 9, 2017 at 22:43 #

I dig the combo especially the placement of the Red. The hair is not my favorite but it’s okay. Great look

4. meme December 9, 2017 at 20:28 #

The lookbook dress is gorgeous. Zendaya’s looks like a cheap knockoff. Weird.

5. CreoleLady December 9, 2017 at 20:28 #

I prefer her London day looks. This one is nice and event appropriate. Dislike the hair.

• Schoolbea December 9, 2017 at 21:42 #

Yes! Even if this deserves a spot on the poll, her own daytime looks could beat this one! At least for me, too.

6. j December 9, 2017 at 17:12 #

I was really looking forward to seeing her look and I was honestly let down. It’s not bad but definitely not jaw-dropping. But since its Zendaya, everyone acts like she invented fashion.

• JHH December 9, 2017 at 17:13 #

• Mimi December 9, 2017 at 19:07 #

+2 this is so true

7. katia December 9, 2017 at 16:47 #

the tulle edges are cut unevenly.the bottom part looks horrible. but the top is perfect.

8. Alina December 9, 2017 at 16:12 #

Nice, but I’m not impressed.

9. Nat39 December 9, 2017 at 16:04 #

I’m a big fan of black and red combo, so I’m loving the impact! And I love how she wears it with the minimal styling and sleek ‘do giving the look an instant modern feel. The look did remind me of Mandy Moore’s black and white tulle Carolina Herrera gown at Emmy awards which is very much in the same ballpark. Nevertheless, I think it’s a great look for her, I’m loving it, BDOTW worthy.

10. fashionjudgment December 9, 2017 at 15:26 #

BDOTW nomination worthy. She looks so insanely good, it’s crazy. She’s one on the true style icons at the moment.

11. Alba December 9, 2017 at 15:25 #

I strongly dislike the hair choice, the jagged bangs take away from the polish of the gown. The gown itself is already pretty meh. It passes because it’s poufy and thematically appropriate for the movie. However, the material of the top looks cheap. And, the color of the red is not vibrant enough to really contrast with the black..

12. TeaAtTwo December 9, 2017 at 14:55 #

She looks great and very in keeping with the movie but it not next level epic that I was hoping for.

13. Chris December 9, 2017 at 14:04 #

I really do love it, but feel like I should feel more excited about it than I do… hmm. It definitely deserves a spot on the BDOTW-poll, but I’m not sure if it’s gonna beat, like, Cate Blanchett for me.

14. Mimi December 9, 2017 at 13:57 #

I’m going to be in the minority but this dress is ugly. I don’t like it in the lookbook or on Zendaya.

15. Leandra December 9, 2017 at 12:58 #

She looks beautiful and it’s a very strong look but when you look closely at some other pics you can see the hardware of the dress and the edges of the layers are not even. I was (over maybe?)expecting something flawless. Yes, I know there is a lot of post-production for the lookbook visual, but still…

• Schoolbea December 9, 2017 at 21:41 #

I agree. Some dresses, post-production and all, translate more flawlessly into an actual red carpet look. I like it, but I’m not wowed.

16. Giada December 9, 2017 at 12:39 #

I really want to love this, for all the reasons aforementioned, but for some reason it doesn’t really translate that well from the look book to real life. The graphic quality is lost a bit (maybe due to the wonkiness of the individual skirts) and it doesn’t feel as chic as it does in the look book. The styling also feels a bit uninspired. Imo it needed some great jewellery.

So do I like it? Yes! Do I LOVE it? No.

17. Nicky December 9, 2017 at 12:28 #

Good move FC delaying the poll for this. This is clearly my BDOTW and also a BDOTY contender. Absolutely stunning.

18. Caroline December 9, 2017 at 12:24 #

The combination of red and black is not the greatest for me and I normally wouldn’t like such a dress but it kinda works for the movie theme and she pulls it off. Definitely a moment. Love the hair too.

19. Maria F. December 9, 2017 at 12:14 #

I think it is a great choice for the premiere of this movie. It somehow evokes circus. The vibrant red is great.

I love the look, but now that I see the look book pic, I feel that her dress falls flat, especially the black part. Not sure if it is just the pics, but it needed more volume.

I adore the hair. It showcases her delicate features.

• Nat39 December 10, 2017 at 01:44 #

I also love the hair – it goes both with the look and facial features so well (!) surprised people don’t like it. The whole beauty look is just spot-on.

20. Evita December 9, 2017 at 12:09 #

She looks beautiful and I love that this look is free of gimmicks and is just her in a beautiful,but still interesting dress. I probably appreciate this look on Zendaya more than I would on someone else.