Menu

Olga Kurylenko In Elie Saab Couture – 2017 Dubai International Film Festival

Following Monday nights Fashion Awards in London, Olga Kurylenko reappeared on the red carpet for the opening night gala of the 14th annual Dubai International Film Festival this evening (December 6).

Personally, it’s been a very stressful two weeks, but what I love about fashion, is moments like this.

Moments where you leave your troubles behind and escape, if only for a few minutes, to take in the hypnotic beauty of a stunning woman in an equally stunning gown.

Olga took my breath away wearing this crimson Elie Saab Fall 2017 Couture gown.

As you know I love a cape, but on this occasion I’m glad Olga decided against it.

The cape appears heavy, and I feel it may have weighed down her look.

I adore how she’s totally selling the sensuality and lightness of her lace embroidered look to me.

This is a BDOTW contender for sure. Maybe even a BDOTY worthy look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Sonam Kapoor In Ashi Studio - 2017 Dubai International Film Festival

Sonam Kapoor In Ashi Studio – 2017 Dubai International Film Festival

Cate Blanchett In Giorgio Armani - 2017 Dubai International Film Festival

Cate Blanchett In Giorgio Armani – 2017 Dubai International Film Festival

30 Responses to Olga Kurylenko In Elie Saab Couture – 2017 Dubai International Film Festival

1. Amanda F December 8, 2017 at 05:21 #

When I need to escape for a bit and leave my troubles behind FC – I often come right here to RCFA so thank you for that! I adore this stunning look which seems so appropriate for this holiday season. Gorgeous!!

• CJ December 8, 2017 at 14:41 #

100% agree with all of this comment, your work here is a fabulous treat.

2. TeaAtTwo December 7, 2017 at 17:23 #

Hope things pick up for you FC. As for the look, it stunning. Don’t know if it will make my final 10 but one to consider.

3. Ramsay December 7, 2017 at 17:14 #

This is indeed very chic
    Though Cate wins the night for me
    I’m sure about the difficulties you’re currently facing FC

4. Schoolbea December 7, 2017 at 15:48 #

This is truly magnificent, and I am so glad that it lifted your spirits at a hard time, Catherine. Hopefully the holiday is just round the corner for you, meanwhile, get better. <3

5. from-chitown December 7, 2017 at 15:31 #

She looks absolutely gorgeous. I am soo glad she ditched the cape. Definitely a BDOTW contender – not sure about BDOTY thought.

FC – Sorry to hear that you are having a stressful time, I hope it works out soon for you.

6. Giada December 7, 2017 at 11:38 #

Hope you are feeling better soon Catherine!

It’s a relatively simple dress in terms of silhouette, but the perfect fit and her body shape elevate this dress from good to great. BDOTW-contender for sure!

7. dedel December 7, 2017 at 10:41 #

This is perfect ! I won’t change anything

8. bas December 7, 2017 at 10:24 #

I can only say… WOW! BDOTY candidate for sure.

9. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang December 7, 2017 at 07:56 #

Olga Kurylenko is my favorite Bond girl of all time, and this proves why. She always brings her opulent grace and supreme elegance to the red carpet, without a hint of try hard. Amazing as usual, head to toe PERFECTION!! We’re definitely blessed in double-o-heaven recently!! Long live Queen Olga, we’re not worthy indeed!!

10. Alina December 7, 2017 at 06:37 #

Flawless.

11. charlotte December 7, 2017 at 03:48 #

A vision in red….she clearly put some efforts in this look judging by the hair

12. CreoleLady December 7, 2017 at 01:47 #

That S-curve pose really sells it. Lace is not my fave fabric but she is making me a believer. Hoping your stress will be relieved soon, FC,…

13. Jerusa December 7, 2017 at 00:58 #

She’s a beautiful women, it’s a beautiful dress, it’s red and if you noticed FC I love red! But I’m not loving this.

But I’m glad you loved it and it helped to ease your stress! Hope you feel better soon.

14. Nat39 December 7, 2017 at 00:37 #

I’m slightly bothered by the seams on the shoulders, but this is really such a beautiful look in a striking color, pulled off by elegantly charming Olga perfectly. Bdotw worthy and I’d consider it for Bdoty worthy as well.

15. Susie December 6, 2017 at 23:47 #

So glad Olga wore this dress, because she has the presence to pull it off.

It’s been a great week fashion-wise. Thanks for the coverage, Catherine & team! Hope the stress tapers down soon.

16. Carla December 6, 2017 at 23:01 #

WOW

• Carla December 6, 2017 at 23:02 #

SO beautiful

17. Pheephee December 6, 2017 at 22:37 #

Another BDOTW candidate! I am loving this weeks fashion!
    This is flawless. Love her and love this dress.
    Sheer done right, fits perfectly and looks intriguing. So beautiful.

18. Maria F. December 6, 2017 at 22:17 #

First of all, sorry to hear that you are going through a bit of a rough time. Hope it settles down for you.

Definitely a beautiful dress and season appropriate with the velvet. I do not think it needed the cape.

• Maria F. December 6, 2017 at 22:20 #

I should add though, that all the other looks from this festival have been much more summery, so it feels like she got dressed for a different event.

• JHH December 6, 2017 at 23:02 #

Its around 85 degrees F as the high in Dubai right so some people I guess are dressing with the actual weather in mind. Olga’s dress is fine. She is wearing it very well, which along with the spectacular color I think is making it seem like more of a fashion moment than it is.

19. Mimi December 6, 2017 at 21:59 #

Love it with the cape, love it without the cape! Either way this is a win for me! And her hair is so cute.

20. fashionjudgment December 6, 2017 at 21:54 #

I adore this look so much! Definitely BTOTW contender and a strong one.

• Fiona-Brasil December 7, 2017 at 02:02 #

+ 1

• Caroline December 7, 2017 at 14:59 #

• anonymous as always December 10, 2017 at 01:51 #

21. Chris December 6, 2017 at 21:45 #

It’s gorgeous, she wears it well, I’m really happy she didn’t wear the cape and the head styling works perfectly with the look. It’s a pretty picture perfect look. But I’m not sure it’s BDOTY-worthy for me, not this year (I always have folders where I save pictures of the BDOTY-worthy looks and it’s been a pretty great year overall, much better than the past two years at least, so it might not make my list).

22. meme December 6, 2017 at 21:36 #

This is breathtakingly gorgeous. Glad she didn’t wear the cape because it does appear heavy. BDOTY candidate for sure.

• Vizual Ninja December 6, 2017 at 21:41 #