Menu

06.12.17 Premiere

Margot Robbie In Versace – ‘I, Tonya’ LA Premiere

After a casual turn in a tan cotton jumpsuit, Margot Robbie was back to pure glamour at the ‘I, Tonya’ LA premiere on Tuesday (December 5).

The actress has worn a myriad of looks during this promo tour, but this Versace chainmail dress is sure to be a memorable one.

The silvery style had an edgy sultriness courtesy of the wrap design which exposed cleavage and thigh.

Some may gripe about the fit issues around the armpits, but I’m overlooking them because of the nature of the fabric and for the gown’s captivating liquid effect.

A black clutch and belt played into the tough-glamorous feel.

What did you think of the belt?

Alicia Vikander In Jonathan Simkhai - Bulgari Resort Dubai Opening

Alicia Vikander In Jonathan Simkhai – Bulgari Resort Dubai Opening

Karolina Kurkova In Cristina Ottaviano - Creatures of the Night Late-Night Soiree

Karolina Kurkova In Cristina Ottaviano – Creatures of the Night Late-Night Soiree

21 Responses to Margot Robbie In Versace – ‘I, Tonya’ LA Premiere

1. TeaAtTwo December 7, 2017 at 17:56 #

The dress has it’s flaws but I do love bombshell Margot.

2. Lee Ann December 7, 2017 at 15:10 #

Her make up is impeccable and she is so beautiful I didn’t really see the dress.

3. bas December 7, 2017 at 10:30 #

I love it, even with the fitting problem, and the slightly visible underwear. I think it is still a hit for her. The belt defenetly makes all the difference.

4. Leandra December 6, 2017 at 15:43 #

Well, I’ll be in the minority here. I’m not a fan of this outing.The dress looks cheap. What about seamless/invisible underwear? Also, the hairstyle is wrong with this dress IMO. A super straight center part would look better, more vamp less romantic. And it’s LA. the Meca, so I expected more. Her face is killer, as always.

• Schoolbea December 6, 2017 at 18:44 #

I’m relieved. I thought I was the only one who thought it looked… cheap. After being spoilt by Versace in the fashion awards, I thought I was looking at a different house altogether.

To me, the fit is not a minor issue here. It pretty much ruins it, and the rest of the styling is not very inspired.

5. JHH December 6, 2017 at 15:25 #

Her face is lovely as usual. The dress IMO is a fail because of the arm pit situation and the fact that I can see her underwear and the look is super dated. I expect better for a LA premier. This looks like something the real Tonya Harding would wear.

• Alina December 6, 2017 at 21:12 #

6. Pheephee December 6, 2017 at 15:19 #

Its mostly her beauty look that is striking here. Love the makeup.
    Like the rest of the commenters the dress is fine…..The armpit sides are so wide they seem like pockets, and the undies showing seem unnecessary and a mistake for this dress.

7. Tamia December 6, 2017 at 14:45 #

She is so gorgeous that she’s always going to look good. The only time she’s worn a truly great look on the carpet though was the McQueen unicorn dress she wore to the Suicidie Squad premier

8. Evita December 6, 2017 at 14:12 #

This is more like it. Honestly her beauty look is gorgeous and I love the idea of the look but it’s not executed perfectly(the fit,the belt,the sandals…)

9. Amy December 6, 2017 at 14:01 #

honestly I’m more in love with her face. Gorgeous gal
    the dress is fine

10. Caroline December 6, 2017 at 13:42 #

Nice but nothing special.

11. Chris December 6, 2017 at 13:32 #

This is so gorgeous, I really don’t mind the fit around the armpits.

12. Charlotte December 6, 2017 at 13:09 #

She looks great, remind me of Michel Pfeiffer in Scarface.
    But the fit around the armpits is a shame for a Versace gown!!!

• james December 6, 2017 at 16:20 #

OMG, I was going to say the same thing! She is just as gorgeous as Michelle was in that movie.

13. Maria F. December 6, 2017 at 13:08 #

On first glance it is a great look for her, very sultry.

But once I look at the close ups:

1. fit in the armpits is off
    2. the underwear is showing, not just that it is seethrough, but I can see the outline through the fabric

• meme December 6, 2017 at 15:30 #

+1 as I’ve said before, her stylist hates her.

• Leandra December 6, 2017 at 15:48 #

It’s amazing that a professional being paid for this could ignore such simple details that sometimes ruin a look. Perhaps we are too demanding, I wonder…

• Chris December 6, 2017 at 18:31 #

hmm, what one has maybe to consider when questioning if we are demeaning here is maybe the working conditions and that stylists usually don’t have time. Like, their clients are super busy, sometimes they find out about events they have to dress their clients for super late and sometimes their clients don’t have time and they get like one hour to fit like 20 looks for an entire tour, which, you can imagine, is kind of insane. So it doesn’t mean that the stylists think the look they send out the door is perfect, they just try to do the best they can in the time they have, which is sometimes essentially non-existent, I believe. lol

• Leandra December 6, 2017 at 19:00 #

This time I don’t agree with you, sorry bfriend. If I make this kind of basic mistakes at my job, which is sometimes related to fashion, I’d be fired on the spot. Because,basic, as to hem a pair of pants sometimes.
          Honestly Cris, I’ve personally seen their work. It’s not THAT hard considering all the goods they get. 5 stars hotels, flights and 1rst row + bag of goods.
          Her underwear here is unacceptable.

• Lashae December 6, 2017 at 16:33 #