Menu

05.12.17

Selena Gomez In Coach – The Fashion Awards 2017

The Fashion Awards (formerly known as the British Fashion Awards) took place at the Royal Albert Hall on Monday (December 4) in London.

Fresh from her ‘Wolves’ radio promo tour and Coach meet & greet, Selena Gomez took to the red carpet in a custom Coach design.

At first I wanted to blame the hair for throwing me off this look, but let address the real issue: the dress.

Do Coach know that they were dressing 25-year-old?

I don’t get this aging dress at all.

Following the leather dress Coach created for Selena’s American Music Awards appearance, this was huge let down.

Credit: Getty

London Evening Standard Theatre Awards Red Carpet Roundup

London Evening Standard Theatre Awards Red Carpet Roundup

Zendaya Coleman In Vivetta - The Fashion Awards 2017

Zendaya Coleman In Vivetta – The Fashion Awards 2017

23 Responses to Selena Gomez In Coach – The Fashion Awards 2017

1. valeria December 15, 2017 at 16:44 #

Everything about this look is tragic

2. TeaAtTwo December 7, 2017 at 19:37 #

This is all round tragic.

3. Christine December 6, 2017 at 01:46 #

This is so tragic that it’s sad.

4. Schoolbea December 6, 2017 at 00:05 #

I agree with every commenter here. Plus, it looks like the dress was forgotten in an attic for a hundred years and it got yellowish. It’s old-looking in every possible (bad) way.

5. Alina December 5, 2017 at 18:27 #

Awful from h2t.

6. Silvia December 5, 2017 at 16:28 #

I like it… in a riot grrl sort of way.

7. pinksugar December 5, 2017 at 15:53 #

To me Coach isn’t a brand I think of when it comes to current, red carpet or even editorial fashion. I think they are out of their league. I also feel like that thing that happens to so many stars when they become designer muses and it completely backfires is happening with Selena. Every piece of Coach she puts on wears her. It’s too aging, and quite frankly not even pleasant to look at. Hoping this union goes away very soon, along with that awful dye job.

8. JHH December 5, 2017 at 15:18 #

Laura Ingalls sent telegram and she wants her dress back.

• Pheephee December 5, 2017 at 20:23 #

+1 lol

9. meme December 5, 2017 at 14:45 #

Oh look, it’s Little Bo Peep.

10. Mimi December 5, 2017 at 13:54 #

Selena must be going through the, “dye-your-hair-an-unflattering-shade-of-blond-and-dress-horribly” phase way too many celebs go through.

• JHH December 5, 2017 at 15:17 #

Exactly. I call it the “I’m very beautiful so I must do my best to see if I can look awful” phase.

• Mimi December 5, 2017 at 16:32 #

LOL! That’s an even better name for it!

11. Chris December 5, 2017 at 12:56 #

That’s one awful, overdesigned mess of a dress, the fabrics don’t help…
    I like her make-up and kinda like the boots and the color works better for her than it might for some other people, but that’s really everything positive that can be said about this.
    Coach should stay away from red carpet dressing.

12. charlotte December 5, 2017 at 12:42 #

Wait…this was Coach? I feel like I’ve seen Salma Hayek wore a similiar version in Gucci.
    Granny-ish indeed and nothing chic about it.

13. Caroline December 5, 2017 at 12:13 #

This is the exact moment in which she needs to fire her stylist. Her former stylist used to dress Selena in Italian brands such as Versace, Armani, Pucci and Cavalli. This is a disgrace.

• charlotte December 5, 2017 at 12:44 #

maybe she should fire her publicist, after they got her to sign a contract with Coach.

• Chris December 5, 2017 at 12:50 #

I mean, Kate Young has put her in designers like Armani and Versace as well, before LV and now Coach happened… so maybe those designer contracts are the problem indeed and they are not the fault of her stylist. Kate dresses her well whenever they step away from brands like LV and Coach imo.

• Caroline December 5, 2017 at 18:27 #

Michelle Williams is another of her high profile clients and is also stuck wearing ugly Louis Vuitton stuff ever since she’s been with her so I don’t know. I just don’t get her hype, at least not with Selena. I sometimes like her work with Dakota Johnson, but she’s been bad to Natalie Portman and Margot Robbie (except on rare occasions too). Selena’s style up to 2015, which is the year she began with Kate was so so so so so much appropriate for her! I remember her Atelier Versace a the the 2012 Venice Film Festival, for example. Or her DVF at the 2014 Met Gala, one of the best dressed that night. Basia Richard made a better job with her, Kate is not for Selena, can’t blame her publicist when most of her clients are stuck wearing one brand and not making it work for almost any of them.

14. bas December 5, 2017 at 10:37 #

The Horror… Horrible dress, horrible hair, horrible styling.

15. Maria F. December 5, 2017 at 09:36 #

this is definitely not the way to make people buy Coach clothing…..She looks silly.

16. Draga December 5, 2017 at 09:32 #

And where is her cowboy?

17. Charlotte December 5, 2017 at 09:07 #

It looks like she escaped from the set of Little house on the prairie.
    The dress is awful and her styling isn’t helping.