Menu

mothers2mothers Winter Fundraiser

Salma Hayek Pinault and Francois-Henri Pinault hosted the mothers2mothers Winter Fundraiser dinner in support of mothers2mothers’ work to create a generation free from HIV on Wednesday (November 29) in London.

Keira Knightley: The British actress wore a signature dress from The Vampire’s Wife in sumptuous black velvet with frilled sleeves adding a mild shimmer.

James Righton: It was actually Keira’s husband James who stole the limelight on this occasion donning a Gucci Spring 2016 red suit. What dawned on me the second I saw James, was how this look would’ve worked just a well for Keira.

Salma Hayek Pinault: The hostess wore a Gucci custom rose crystal lurex jacquard long sleeve draped gown with floral embroideries and all-over crystal and beaded floral appliqués. For me Salma often struggles to pull off some of the runway pieces from Gucci, but when tailormade to suit her style, this gown is breath-taking.

Florence Welch: If you had the opportunity to select a look for Florence for this event, nine times out of ten you would’ve selected this Gucci Spring 2018 floral sheer piece. While it’s not custom, its has that bohemian flare that the singer continues to gravitate towards. The look was styled with Gucci fine jewels and a halo braid to solidify the hippie vibe.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Meghan Markle wore Mackage, Wolford & Joseph for her first official Royal engagement

Phillipa Soo In Vivienne Westwood Couture - 'The Parisian Woman' Broadway Opening Night

Phillipa Soo In Vivienne Westwood Couture – ‘The Parisian Woman’ Broadway Opening Night

12 Responses to mothers2mothers Winter Fundraiser

1. Alina December 4, 2017 at 07:36 #

Florence looks dreamy.

2. charleneg December 3, 2017 at 21:06 #

Ofcourse she could wear what he’s wearing but he can’t wear her’s but that’s just our culture 🙂

3. alvarospain December 3, 2017 at 18:29 #

Florence’s dress is gorgeous as her!

4. fashionjudgment December 3, 2017 at 13:07 #

One of the best dressed events for sure. For a second there, I was a little overwhelmed by Salma’s dress, but she can pull it off. My favourite is actually Keira. I’m a sucker for a simple, not overdone look that enhances the natural charm of the wearer.

5. Megs222 December 1, 2017 at 18:28 #

I missed my girl Keira so much!! She looks beautiful. Her husband looks cool and I sort of like the idea that she could also wear this outfit. Sharing clothes is always a bonus! 😛

I like the shape of Salma’s dress but I don’t like the colour. Florence is always so true to her style and I think she looks great!

6. Maria F. December 1, 2017 at 17:30 #

I seem to be in the minority, but I actually like James’ suit. He has the personality to pull it off. Keira looks lovely too, it is in her wheelhouse.

I think Selma looks nice, at least the dress fits her lovely, but I wonder if a darker colour would have suited her more.

Florence’s should have been lined. Otherwise it’s a nice look for her, but not earth shattering new.

7. JHH December 1, 2017 at 16:17 #

Kiera looks good. I find her husband’s suit off putting. Salma’s dress is awful — that shiny fabric and the print. With a different slip, I might have been able to like Florence’s. That look is very much in her wheelhouse despite the fact that it looks like something a crazy old rich lady would wear as she wandered alone through her mansion.

8. meme December 1, 2017 at 15:50 #

Salma’s dress looks like a very fancy dressing gown, as does Florence’s only hers is ugly. I like Keira’s dress a lot but her husband looks kinda icky.

9. Camilla December 1, 2017 at 15:28 #

Lookiing at the slip under Florence’s, it completely puts me off the outfit.

10. Pheephee December 1, 2017 at 15:15 #

Slama is looking quite lovely. Very elegant. It suits her.

11. Caroline December 1, 2017 at 14:46 #

Surprisingly, I find myself enjoying these three ladies’ looks.

• Fiona-Brasil December 1, 2017 at 15:15 #