Menu

21.11.17

Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian in Alexander McQueen

The star-studded New Orleans Beauty and the Beast-themed wedding of tennis superstar Serena Williams and Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian took place on Thursday (November 16).

Guests included Ciara (in Michael Costello), Eva Longoria, Kim Kardashian (in Alex Perry), Tina Knowles (in MNM Couture), Kelly Rowland (in Pamella Roland), Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles (in Alexandre Vauthier) and LaLa Anthony (in Vera Wang).

Serena had a beautiful fairytale, princess moment wearing a strapless ball gown designed by Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen, which featured a sheer sparkly cape which was a long as her train.

Alexis wore a Giorgio Armani Made to Measure midnight blue velvet jacket suit for the ceremony, as did his groomsmen.

A post shared by Vogue (@voguemagazine) on

For the reception Serena switched into a custom-made feathered gown by Versace, which I think is just as beautiful as her gown.

Meanwhile Alex wore his second Giorgio Armani Made to Measure suit of the evening.

For her third and final outfit change, Serena wore a sparkling Versace mini dress that featured a bejewelled bodice which she paired with sparkly Nike sneakers later in the evening.

Serena’s sister Venus, along with her seven bridesmaids, all wore custom-made cream-colored gowns designed by Galia Lahav.

Carey Mulligan In Emilia Wickstead & Michael Kors Collection - 'Mudbound' New York & LA Screenings

Carey Mulligan In Emilia Wickstead & Michael Kors Collection – ‘Mudbound’ New York & LA Screenings

Variety's 1st Annual Hitmakers Luncheon Red Carpet Roundup

Variety’s 1st Annual Hitmakers Luncheon Red Carpet Roundup

9 Responses to Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian in Alexander McQueen

1. Nat39 November 22, 2017 at 01:19 #

I think I actually prefer her long Versace. She didn’t need the square shoulders in the 1st.

• JHH November 22, 2017 at 03:00 #

My favorite dress is the first. The second, the long Versace, actually looks much better on her.

2. Mimi November 21, 2017 at 23:21 #

Ciara!!!! That dress is giving me life!!!!

3. Maria F. November 21, 2017 at 19:04 #

apart of the aforementioned fit issues I liked all three dresses for all three moments during the wedding. The big gown for the ceremony, something classy but more simple for the dinner and then a party dress with bedazzled sneakers.

Her makeup and hair was also very complimentary.

Venus looked gorgeous and so did the mother of the bride.

4. JHH November 21, 2017 at 18:03 #

Serena’s hair and makeup are beautiful. I like all of the dresses but not necessarily the fit. There are little tweaks here and there that would have corrected the fit issues but overall, she was a lovely bride. My favorite is the first one. Venus also looks beautiful and I love that family picture with the baby.

5. Lara November 21, 2017 at 17:16 #

I have to say, for a custom made gown, I expected a better fit. To be honest, while I understand (from personal experience) how the bust of a strapless gown can fit differently for a nursing mother, I do think measures could have been taken to ensure more support. The first photo in this set looks spectacular, but other more candid photos told a different story regarding that strapless neckline. I was more a fan of the second dress in this set, but overall all three dresses looked a bit wonky in places mostly around the bust line. That said, the design is a really lovely one and I really enjoyed the photos with all her family. Venus dress fit like a dream!

• JessNess November 21, 2017 at 17:45 #

I hate to agree with you but I have to.

The fit was horribly off on the last two.

I’m shocked that they were custom and, like you say, measures weren’t taken into consideration that she is nursing.

• meme November 21, 2017 at 20:00 #

I have to agree. Serena looked beautiful and so happy. Their baby is positively gorgeous. I hope they have a long happy life.

• Linda Biemler November 22, 2017 at 13:21 #

I was wondering if the fit issues around her chest were because she just had a baby? She looked amazing regardless.