Menu

Carey Mulligan continues to delight on the ‘Mudbound’ press tour, attending the New York screening on Sunday (November 19).

Emilla Wickstead is a designer known for her timeless, feminine, elegant styles and I think the aesthetic suits the actress perfectly.

This was evidenced with her Pre-Fall 2017 dress. The muted pink number evoked English rose beauty. It had a quiet sophistication with the puff sleeves adding a touch of whimsy.

Some might be let down by her wearing the same shoe style as the runway, but I’m not upset by the choice as the footwear works with the frock.

Carey was a beauty in blue at the ‘Mudbound’ LA screening on Friday (November 17).

She opted for a more relaxed approach with long layers.  The relaxed shapes still had a polish with the maritime layered cashmere pullover from the Michael Kors Collection Spring 2018 line being paired with maritime pleated gaucho pants from the Michael Kors Collection Resort 2018 range.

The striped shirt’s hem and cuffs peeking out from underneath the knit were in keeping with the luxurious blue colour palette but they added more dimension.

Gaucho pants aren’t the first piece I would have expected the actress to wear, but I’m delighted to see her try a different shape, but styled in a way that adhered to her personal style.

Credit: Emilia Wickstead & Getty

Selena Gomez In Calvin Klein by Appointment - Lupus Research Alliance’s Breaking Through Lupus Gala

Selena Gomez In Calvin Klein by Appointment – Lupus Research Alliance’s Breaking Through Lupus Gala

Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian in Alexander McQueen

Serena Williams Weds Alexis Ohanian in Alexander McQueen

10 Responses to Carey Mulligan In Emilia Wickstead & Michael Kors Collection – ‘Mudbound’ New York & LA Screenings

1. AnnaP November 26, 2017 at 20:20 #

She always looks so droopy so doesn’t sell what she’s wearing at all.

2. TeaAtTwo November 22, 2017 at 22:51 #

I like the dress but the shoes don’t work. The darker blue works better for her colouring. She breathes no life into her looks once again.

3. Denise November 22, 2017 at 07:05 #

She totally sucks the life out of the first beautiful dress, the second is a little better. Her hair looks nicer in the second look. I can’t remember seeing a star look so miserable almost all the time.

• AnnaP November 26, 2017 at 20:21 #

4. meme November 21, 2017 at 20:02 #

i love the second look. the first is a little frumpy to me.

5. Caroline November 21, 2017 at 18:23 #

I love the first look from head to toe but I don’t really get the second one to be honest.

6. yumey November 21, 2017 at 18:05 #

Both looks are lovely but I love the first look more

7. JHH November 21, 2017 at 17:56 #

Both are good. I am not loving her makeup with the pink dress but overall both looks are wins for Carey.

8. Evita November 21, 2017 at 16:48 #

A deep mauve lip like the color of the flowers on the sleeves would have completed the 1st look.
    I love the idea of the separates on the 2nd look,but something isn’t right,maybe it’s too much blue,maybe it’s the shades of blue showing really similar but not quite the same on my monitor,maybe it’s the stripes of the skirt disrupting the cohesion,maybe I don’t like the mixing of the fabrics,I really don’t know how I feel about this look.

9. Maria F. November 21, 2017 at 16:28 #

i adore the second look, especially with her hair and make up.

I like the rose dress, but I wish she would have had softer hair or a stronger lip colour.