Menu

Tracee Ellis Ross hosted the 2017 American Music Awards on Sunday (November 19) in LA, where her mother Diana Ross was honored with a lifetime achievement award, and her brother, Evan Ross with wife Ashlee Simpson Ross were also in attendance.

Starting off with two sparkling looks, Tracee graced the red carpet wearing a Stella McCartney frock. I didn’t quite get her red Tamara Mellon sandals until I realised they pick up the exposed red seams of her dress. Her jewels were courtesy of Irene Neuwirth.

I like how her embellished vintage Halston jumpsuit from Shrimpton Couture was giving off a 60s vibe especially when paired with her fuchsia pink go-go boots.

What a perfect way to pay homage to not one but two icons of music wearing a Christian Siriano Resort 2018 look. She totally nailed it, right down to her Manolo Blahnik embellished booties.

I don’t feel like this Ronald van der Kemp Fall 2017 Couture avant-garde look will go down so well, especially being so close to Thanksgiving and all, but I actually like it.  It’s a tricky look but I really feel like she pulled this off.

My only wish is that it would’ve saved for the Met Gala, where it would’ve been given the credit it deserves.

My feeling about this Balmain Spring 2018 dress is that I think the plunge should’ve been modified by an inch.

Dialing down the Giambattisa Valli Fall 2017 Couture frou frou skirt with a simple xKarla tee plus adding the silver Aldo ‘Cherima’ over-the-knee metallic boots was genius.

Tracee couldn’t let this event pass without some disco-glam and that came courtesy of Paco Rabanne.

As we don’t get the AMAs live in the UK, I am not sure in what context this Roberto Cavalli Spring 2018 look was used, but for some reason, Black Swan immediately sprang to mind.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Diana Ross In Vivienne Westwood - 2017 American Music Awards

Diana Ross In Vivienne Westwood – 2017 American Music Awards

2017 American Music Awards Red Carpet Roundup

2017 American Music Awards Red Carpet Roundup

9 Responses to Tracee Ellis Ross hosts the 2017 AMAs in Stella McCartney, Vintage Halston, Christian Siriano, Ronald van der Kemp Couture, Balmain, Giambattista Valli Couture, Paco Rabanne & Roberto Cavalli

1. Boy November 21, 2017 at 05:09 #

I like the Siriano tribute suit, the Balmain (she looks really sexy), and the Paco Rabanne.

2. Pheephee November 21, 2017 at 03:51 #

I like the first. Thats it. The rest are either unflattering or just ridiculous.

3. JHH November 20, 2017 at 15:26 #

I am in love with those metallic boots and that whole look as well as the Stella McCartney dress and that white suit. Wow!

4. Amy November 20, 2017 at 15:10 #

She’s having fun. Gotta love that.
    My personal favorites are:
    – the MJ tribute suit, I need that shirt
    – the G Valli look, the boots take it to a whole new level, Rihanna wishes she wore that
    – The Paco rabanne: shimmy shake
    Frankly I dislike the Ronald dress. too goofy looking

5. Mimi November 20, 2017 at 14:38 #

I love the Ronald van der Kemp!! That color is DIVINE on her, especially on TV. I was stunned!! Such a cool look and I hope she wears something in that color family again.

My other 2 favorites are the Paco Rabanne and Balmain! But honestly she’s rocking everything for me!

6. Chris November 20, 2017 at 14:01 #

These are so interesting and so much for, perfect for a music show host.

7. Caroline November 20, 2017 at 10:59 #

Love the Stella McCartney and the Balmain. I like most of these except for the Ronald Van Der Kemp and Giambattista Valli. OTT. The rest are fun.

8. CreoleLady November 20, 2017 at 10:18 #

LOL, fun with fashion day. The plum sequinned dress with open back and flashes of bright red on lip, trim and heels is my fave. Agree, she pulls off the pleated van der Kemp with panache and it is my second fave. Other items I like — the silver boots and the Paco Rabanne. Love the double tribute to Michael Jackson and her mom.

9. Evita November 20, 2017 at 10:13 #

Tracee and Karla did just a fantastic job,my favourite looks are the MJ+Diana Ross tribute and the Valli skirt with the xKarla tee. I love how Tracee always looks like she’s enjoying herself and is happy to be at these awards shows.I didn’t watch the actual show so I don’t know how she did as the host,but I hope they invite her back next year!