Menu

Sarah Gadon stepped out at the Cinema Italian Style ’17 Opening Night Gala premiere on Thursday (November 16) in Hollywood, California

The Canadian actress was in a Giambattista Valli Fall 2017 dress which despite its short length, had an ethereal quality.

The sheer sleeves and ab cut-out provided relief to the opaque wrapped neckline and solid skirt.

I can see the ruffled sleeves being a divisive detail, but I found they were in keeping with the frock’s whimsical feel and they didn’t distract from other elements.

A Tyler Ellis clutch and ivory sandals complemented the dress’s opal colour splendidly.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Hailee Steinfeld In Barbara Bui - Variety's 1st Annual Hitmakers Luncheon

Hailee Steinfeld In Barbara Bui – Variety’s 1st Annual Hitmakers Luncheon

Jennifer Garner In Johanna Ortiz -  'The Tribes Of Palos Verdes' LA Premiere

Jennifer Garner In Johanna Ortiz – ‘The Tribes Of Palos Verdes’ LA Premiere

6 Responses to Sarah Gadon In Giambattista Valli – Cinema Italian Style ’17 Opening Night Gala Premiere

1. Pheephee November 21, 2017 at 03:42 #

That colour is awful on her.
    All I see now is the floating head!!!

2. Nadine Hughey November 20, 2017 at 17:39 #

Happy to see her, just watched Alias Grace this weekend. Like this dress a lot.

3. JHH November 20, 2017 at 16:55 #

Lara makes a good point about showing some actual neck. I had not thought about that but that is the key difference between Sarah and the model. That floating head look is creepy. Other than that, this is a lovely romantic look.

4. Meme November 20, 2017 at 14:39 #

Nope. And now that Laura mentioned it, her head does look like it’s floating above her body😝

5. Lara November 20, 2017 at 13:43 #

Generally speaking I do love the ethereal nature of this dress and it fits wonderfully. But the turtleneck freaks me out as it looks like her head is floating above her body. I always think the key to knowing if you can wear a turtleneck is whether any of your actual neck still peeks out at the top as this grounds the look.

• Caroline November 20, 2017 at 13:57 #

+1. Or just don’t wear a turtleneck, they’re awful. Ruined this one in my opinion.