Menu

Alexa Chung unveiled the Tiffany & Co. boutique at Selfridges on Thursday (November 16) in Birmingham, England.

We haven’t seen much of the designer/model in her own collection, but on this occasion she selected a pink taffeta sweetheart neckline dress from her ALEXACHUNG Fall 2017 collection.

I recently received a message telling me that my critiques were too harsh, so I’m going to sum up my feeling about the construction of this dress from the waist down in one word. YIKES.

The only thing I would really save here is the Tiffany & Co. jewels.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Roselyn Sanchez In Willfredo Gerardo -  2017 Latin Grammy Awards

Roselyn Sanchez In Willfredo Gerardo – 2017 Latin Grammy Awards

Camila Cabello In Monique Lhuillier - 2017 Latin Grammy Awards

Camila Cabello In Monique Lhuillier – 2017 Latin Grammy Awards

25 Responses to Alexa Chung In ALEXACHUNG – Tiffany & Co. Boutique Selfridges Birmingham Opening

1. Jasmine November 20, 2017 at 01:23 #

+1 with everyone else’s comments. I sometimes feel that you let some outfits go easy haha.
    Also agree with everyone about how disappointing and messy this outfit is on Alexa.

2. Cate November 19, 2017 at 06:25 #

+1 for all the comments. Catherine, you have never been harsh. You are so respectful – even to people who have been rude to you in the past *AHEM ADR*. We’re behind you 100%!!

3. fashionjudgment November 18, 2017 at 21:28 #

I strongly disagree with the opinion of you being to harsh. If there’s room for improvement I don’t see, why it shouldn’t be pointed out. In terms of the outfit, I will start by saying, that I don’t like the styling at all. The dress alone seems like very poor quality itself, so I doubt any styling would help much.

4. J November 18, 2017 at 17:48 #

Alexa always looks like a disheveled hot mess.

5. Schoolbea November 18, 2017 at 15:20 #

I’ve always found you to be really realistic in your comments, Catherine. You even try to look for the positive in every outfit, which we commenters don’t always do… I can’t understand why you would be called a harsh critic, of all things.

I enjoy your appreciation of the fashion moments you post here, I’d say keep it up in your own unique way!

This is yikes indeed and believe me, the outfit is so terrible that harsher words could be used…

6. bisbee November 18, 2017 at 09:17 #

I don’t agree that you are harsh…you are realistic. This dress is sorry, that dark stockings and shoes are a mistake, and the hair is not worth a comment!

• Giada November 18, 2017 at 23:54 #

+1 I agree!

7. Paula November 18, 2017 at 07:32 #

One of the things I like most about this site is that you’re always respectful and fair with your comments. Thank you for posting.

• Ellen M November 18, 2017 at 14:34 #

8. Crystalline November 18, 2017 at 00:04 #

We readers are enjoying your very honest opinion, Catherine. Please keep on going with your own words and don’t change. Some looks… indeed… need a harsh comment.

9. JHH November 17, 2017 at 22:58 #

Your critiques are not too harsh IMO. In fact, I think that you look for and find the best in outfits. As to this look, you are spot on with YIKES though I generally feel that way about most of Alexa Chung’s looks.

10. MG November 17, 2017 at 22:24 #

hahahaha YIKES indeed. Usually she just wears ugly shoes–this time the dress is ugly too

11. Hermoine November 17, 2017 at 16:37 #

I have always thought you were more than generous in your critiques….you go girl….you can do no wrong!
    I am harsher than you on this one, the fabric is awful, the construction is weird, and the hair and the tights add nothing to the equation.

12. Jerusa Herrera November 17, 2017 at 16:34 #

FUG!!! Like everything that women uses.
    FC thank you for your honesty, keep it up !!

13. TeaAtTwo November 17, 2017 at 16:27 #

You always try to be fair and look for a positive and are even when you dislike something you express it politely and with a touch of humour. Whoever said that was probably over sensitive or a stan for some celebrity.
    This dress looks like a rather cheap Chanel knockoff with bad styling to boot.

14. pinksugar November 17, 2017 at 16:24 #

I don’t mind the dress on the model, but Alexa (as she always tends to do) managed to ruin the look as a whole. The dark stockings and black shoes are a big no for such a soft dress. And don’t even get me started on that hair.

15. Nadia November 17, 2017 at 15:38 #

Some people define an eloquently phrased, honest critique as harsh, for me those people need to get their definition of harsh straight. Please keep giving your opinion as you see fit Catherine, it would be such a shame if you let yourself be sensored by those who have a sensitive disposition.

• Nadia November 17, 2017 at 15:41 #

Pardon, on topic: this dress suffers from some spectacular construction problems.

16. Caroline November 17, 2017 at 15:21 #

I don’t believe Catherine’s critiques are harsh at all. She’s always on point. I don’t hate this but the tights and shoes are unnecessary.

17. meme November 17, 2017 at 15:15 #

I never found your critiques to be too harsh. and yes, YIKES to this mess. Bad design and very cheap looking fabric.

• Maria F. November 17, 2017 at 19:55 #

18. Evita November 17, 2017 at 15:13 #

I’ve always enjoyed how after the success of the blog and knowing that most stylists read your posts you continue to share your unfiltered opinion without hurting anyone’s feelings Catherine. This is simply hideous from h2t,excluding the diamonds.She has done better in the past.

• yumey November 17, 2017 at 19:11 #

• Lashae November 18, 2017 at 00:44 #

19. Silvia November 17, 2017 at 14:52 #

Never thought your critiques were too harsh, to be honest. I am with you on this one. To me, Alexa Chung always looks like a little girl dressed up in her mum’s clothes. This is no different.