Menu

13.11.17 Screening

Weekend Red Carpet Roundup

It was a fashion-filled weekend with many stylish stars stepping out on the red carpet.

Kate Mara: I must say, I’ve enjoyed the actress’s recent tailored looks. She continued her fashion reign in Christian Siriano at the 2017 Humane Society Of The United States To The Rescue! event on Friday (November 10). The rich green fabric of the slim suit was contrasted beautifully with the Jimmy Choo ‘Kerry’ sandals and pink Tyler Ellis bag.

Alison Brie: I almost did not recognize the actress at the ‘The Disaster Artist’ AFI Fest screening on Sunday (November 12). Her Marc Jacobs dress combined with the soft curls had a charming retro feel. It had a Betty Boop quality to it with the sweet bow detail and frill on the bodice contrasting the black belt and platform ankle-strap pumps.

Zoe Saldana: There were a myriad of looks at the Baby2Baby Gala on Saturday (November 11). The ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ actress looked regal in this black gown with suiting elements. The large notched collar framed her face. But, it was the undone skirt which opened to reveal her delicate sandals that made it.

Helen Mirren: The legendary actress made quite the fashion statement at ‘The Leisure Seeker’ AFI FEST screening on Sunday (November 12). The mix of hard and soft elements in the ensemble was captivating. With so much detail on the dress, many would have opted for minimal accessories, but I adore the way she pushed the contrast further with the studded pumps and dangling earrings.

Malin Akerman: Also attending the 2017 Humane Society Of The United States To The Rescue! event, the actress dazzled in Cristina Ottaviano Fall 2017. This jumpsuit takes classic tailoring and a timeless colour palette and gives them a fresh, modern feel courtesy of the gathered halter top and the flowing black trousers. Sarah Flint shoes and a Simran Rihal clutch accessorized her look.

Ginnifer Goodwin: The ‘Once Upon a Time’ actress struck a pose at the photo op for Hulu’s ‘Obey Giant’ on Tuesday (November 7). Opting for a soft monochrome finish, she donned an Ulla Johnson Fall 2017 dress with Alchimia Di Ballin ‘Tara’ ankle-wrap platforms. I appreciate the softness of this look, but I think a dress in a more saturated tone would have enlivened her complexion more.

Credit: Getty

Paz Vega In Paco Rabanne - Los 40 Music Awards

Paz Vega In Paco Rabanne – Los 40 Music Awards

Sofia Richie's Rachel Zoe Tuxedo Dress

Sofia Richie’s Rachel Zoe Tuxedo Dress

11 Responses to Weekend Red Carpet Roundup

1. amy November 14, 2017 at 06:55 #

Zoe is lit. Also love Malin’s jumpsuit

2. addaloria November 14, 2017 at 02:56 #

I don’t think I like Helen Mirren’s dress. It looks too heavy and has a country and western vibe I don’t care for. She is usually a guaranteed success but I think I have to pass on this one.

3. Nat39 November 13, 2017 at 20:47 #

Zoe looks chic, loving this take on the tux dress (!), sleek and modern, loving the sultry sandals as well.

• SilentVisitor November 14, 2017 at 01:14 #

• Dorothy November 14, 2017 at 19:45 #

+ 2

4. TeaAtTwo November 13, 2017 at 19:01 #

Kate looks good in another non-cutesy look; the sliver of skin doesn’t bother me. I’m intrigued by Helen’s look- a mixture of prim design but a toughened up the leather panels and those accessories.

5. CreoleLady November 13, 2017 at 18:59 #

Love Mara’s green velvet pantsuit and the gold sandals (the bag, not so much). I also like Akerman’s jumpsuit, nice fit, doesn’t need hemming and the twisted contrasting top provides some interest.

6. Lara November 13, 2017 at 18:44 #

Oh look! Kate Mara is in a pantsuit again… she must really be trying to morph into Evan Rachel Wood (*rolls eyes*). I love that colour on Kate. The black accessories weigh down Alison’s look, but I do love her curls. The rest are boring in varying degrees.

7. Caroline November 13, 2017 at 18:29 #

Underwhelming looks.

8. meme November 13, 2017 at 17:31 #

I love Zoe’s dress and sandals. I also wish that little triangle of skin wasn’t showing on Kate’s pantsuit…it looks silly.

The bottom row starts with WTF was Helen Mirren thinking to meh to blah.

9. JHH November 13, 2017 at 17:03 #

Zoe Saldana looks good here though I can’t make out the details of the dress. I wishKate did not have that little triangle of skin showing, but otherwise she looks good . I love Ginnifer’s dress but the color does not work for her.