Menu

Emma Stone In Louis Vuitton – 9th Annual Governors Awards

Emma Stone joined Carey Mulligan for the 9th Annual Governors Awards on Saturday (November 11) in Hollywood, California.

Now, I know many of you were very nervous about Emma joining the Louis Vuitton family, but I feel those fears will may be allayed upon seeing her Spring 2018 custom look.

Glamorous with a signature tougher edge imbued via the utilitarian detailing, I like how the bag prevents the look from feeling too one note.

The only question I have for this look is, “was this dress originally supposed to be knee-length?”

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Selma Blair In Schiaparelli Fall 2017 Couture - 2017 Baby2Baby Gala

Selma Blair In Schiaparelli Fall 2017 Couture – 2017 Baby2Baby Gala

Kristen Stewart In Julien Macdonald - 31st American Cinematheque Awards Gala

Kristen Stewart In Julien Macdonald – 31st American Cinematheque Awards Gala

16 Responses to Emma Stone In Louis Vuitton – 9th Annual Governors Awards

1. Caroline November 13, 2017 at 13:20 #

Don’t like it.

2. amy November 13, 2017 at 13:17 #

I love it waist up but they really failed with the bottom part. Construction issue, the dress no longer looks organic. Too bad because the top is bomb

3. Pheephee November 13, 2017 at 06:00 #

Its…..uninspiring. It does not look bad at all. Just blah. And those seams do seem rather odd and out of place. Not her best, not her worst.

4. VG November 13, 2017 at 02:01 #

I love the look on the runway, the vest and belt combo is gorgeous. It doesn’t look good as a gown though. In fact, I think it’s ugly and looks terribly made.

5. JHH November 12, 2017 at 23:37 #

Definitely a day dress that was altered (and not very well) into a gown. I don’t like her hair color. This is a basically a no because of the addition below the former hemline.

6. SilentVisitor November 12, 2017 at 22:57 #

This is a NO for me; the bottom of the dress is quite ugly.

I don’t think she fits LV aesthetics. Ruth Negga would have been a much better match

• TeaAtTwo November 12, 2017 at 23:48 #

We disagree on a look tonight. Sad times. 😉

• SilentVisitor November 13, 2017 at 00:06 #

That’s fine… thumb up and peace signs

7. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2017 at 22:36 #

It seems like an event where one doesn’t have to dressed up so this dress fits well and she sells the look to the once again.

8. Charlotte November 12, 2017 at 20:43 #

The dress doesn’t look bag, actually it’s the first LV dress I like in a long time !
    But the fit is off around her waist and her breast.
    And her make up and her hair are not really good.

9. Meme November 12, 2017 at 20:41 #

I agree that this looks like a day dress turned into a gown. As a day dress, I’d love it. Not so much as a gown.

10. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang November 12, 2017 at 19:26 #

To be very honest, I’m a long time fan of Emma Stone as she’s my ultimate Hollywood girl crush. I really wish she could get back to be a redhead, as this platinum blonde color washes her out completely due to her milky skin tone, thus reducing the great impact of her red carpet choices lately. Andrea Riseborough on the other hand just kept OUTSHINING Emma one time after another, which is not good considering Emma’s the leading lady of the “Battle Of The Sexes” movie. Anyway, I like this simple LV look with the silver buckle detailing, but the only nitpick would be the creasing fabric on the hemline. However, the fact that Emma joining the LV family as the ambassador would limit her options for other brands, we shall see how things work out as I really had high expectations for Emma to regain her red carpet reign despite some unfortunate roadblocks recently, fingers crossed!!

• Giada November 13, 2017 at 13:44 #

11. Evita November 12, 2017 at 18:47 #

I still can’t come around to the hair and the warm makeup tones are still throwing me off, but all things considered this is fine. I don’t mind the seam that looks like they added fabric as an afterthought, but I think the hemline should be a little shorter in order for the dress to not bunch up. Maybe it’s just Emma’s posing though because it isn’t as noticeable in other photos I saw on Twitter. The clutch is a nice touch and better than the expected Petite Malle.

12. Chris November 12, 2017 at 18:34 #

Very chic and modern and I love the bag.

13. Maria F. November 12, 2017 at 18:32 #

I love how they made this more in line with her style by converting it into a long dress, but once you see the seam at the knee you cannot unsee it and it destroys the look. From the distance it is lovely and really cool, but then you see the bad construction under the knee, like they just added a chunk of fabric. Disappointing. Could have been so good.