Menu

Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – 3rd Annual InStyle Awards

Cate Blanchett attended the 3rd Annual InStyle Awards on Monday (October 23) in Los Angeles, California.

I love how her Givenchy Spring 2018 dress was oozing retro vibes.

This striped piece feels like one of those gems you find at a vintage store, yet the panelled sleeves – which gives the look its unique silhouette – also possesses a directional slant.

Some might feel the belt takes this into ’60s secretary territory, but I like how it pulls the whole look together with great sophistication.

The majority were not impressed by her Gucci frock, so how does this one fair?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Catherine Zeta Jones In Zuhair Murad Couture - The Best FIFA Football Awards

Catherine Zeta Jones In Zuhair Murad Couture – The Best FIFA Football Awards

Chloe and Halle Bailey In Elie Saab - 3rd Annual InStyle Awards

Chloe and Halle Bailey In Elie Saab – 3rd Annual InStyle Awards

15 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Givenchy – 3rd Annual InStyle Awards

1. Pheephee October 26, 2017 at 02:14 #

Noooooooo. This is what you wear to a tiny forgettable photocall.
    This is not up to her standards or my standards of her. lol
    Only ok. Pretty mediocre.

2. Alina October 25, 2017 at 07:42 #

A great look for her.

3. Fee October 24, 2017 at 22:20 #

Fine from the ankles up, but those shoes take the look too far into “costume” territory for my liking.

4. james October 24, 2017 at 18:44 #

The color makes look like a granny In blue, she would have looked more striking imo. And those shoes are so hideous, they are breaking my heart 🙁

5. Stephanie October 24, 2017 at 18:10 #

So boring, as someone else said, a good basic photocall look, not an evening event look.. Why is everyone so keen on trying to make Givenchy by Clare Waight Keller happen?? Let’s not..

6. Maria F. October 24, 2017 at 14:44 #

Great look, I like the addition of the belt and the two-toned shoes.

7. Thomas Monks October 24, 2017 at 13:50 #

The look itself it lovely, but she was being honored with the style icon award. I was expecting DRAMA. Edge. Glamour. I was expecting a wow moment like when the likes of Iman and Lady Gaga won their Icon awards at the CFDA Awards. This Givenchy look is beautiful. My favorite thing that she was worn this year, but I am underwhelmed for the occasion. Had this been for a photocall for Thor or a late night press appearance I would have lauded it, but I can’t help to feel like I am wanting a whole lot more.

8. Meme October 24, 2017 at 13:04 #

The Great Cate….welcome back. Her best look in quite a while. Love the dress on her and hair and makeup,are perfection.

9. Ellen October 24, 2017 at 11:39 #

If this were someone else, I don’t think I would like it, but Cate has what t takes to absolutely pull this off.

10. Maya October 24, 2017 at 11:13 #

I knew she’d wear this! She looks lovely! I’m glad she belted it (that makes it more wearable off the runway) and although the red looks great on her, the blue is more unusual so I might prefer that.

11. Fiona-Brasil October 24, 2017 at 11:05 #

Gorgeous from h2t!

12. Martin October 24, 2017 at 09:59 #

This look is fabulously chic and perfectly polished for me. Hair and makeup is on point and I’m grateful that Cate didn’t opt for a boring black pump and instead chose the two-tone option.

Having said that, this does seem like quite a low-key, reserved choice for the recipient of a Style Icon Award on the night. It would have been great to see Cate really bring the drama but I guess it wasn’t to be.

• TeaAtTwo October 24, 2017 at 10:10 #

• Caroline October 24, 2017 at 13:39 #

• Chris October 24, 2017 at 14:02 #

I agree it’s a really good look, but I also I agree I expected something a bit more dramatic and out there considering she got a ‘style icon’ award.
      Then again, if she took a bigger risk and people would end up not liking her look while she received that award, it would look weird as well, so maybe this ‘safer’ version of her style was the way to go after all – something eye catching, but safe (for her standards)…