Menu

Gabrielle Union Promotes ‘We’re Gonna Need More Wine’

Gabrielle Union has been promoting her new memoir, ‘We’re Gonna Need More Wine’, in New York City over the past two days, leaving us spoiled for choice with her six different statement-making looks.

Mixing bold patterns is not for the faint of fashion heart, but here Gabrielle shows us precisely how it’s done in a checkered Hugo Boss outfit paired with a Stella Jean coat. Despite the wide-leg trousers and sweepingly long coat, the proportions all played together so well. A Michael Kors Collection bag provided a sophisticated finish.

For her second ensemble, in which she was seen outside the ‘Good Morning America’ studios, she made me look at chambray in a whole new sexy light with this Gabriela Hearst Spring 2018 dress. The patchwork effect of the Gabriela Hearst Fall 2017 trench coat brought extra attitude to the look, which was imbued with an urban-western sense of glamour. Gabriela Hearst ‘Peter’ shoes and the Gabriela Hearst ‘Nina’ bag completed the effect.

The velvet trend was not lost on Gabrielle, as she wore it in richness of form via Stella McCartney Fall 2017 high-waist trousers in a rich midnight-ruby hue with the textural structural of the Stella McCartney Fall 2017 turtleneck top offering an intriguing contrast.

Her fourth look had her playing with proportions again in these Proenza Schouler separates, with the plisse skirt celebrating the vibrancy of colour-blocking. Her molded platform shoes and large tote bag completed the directional spirit.

It’s hard not to smile right along with Gabrielle in her Stella McCartney Resort 2018 palm frond-printed outfit that brought tropical vibes to the streets of New York. I love the boldness of the red-orange racing stripe that cut through the pants. Accessories including chunky Gabriela Hearst shoes and a Danse Lente ‘Johnny’ bucket bag added to the vacation vibes of the look.

Stopping by the SiriusXM studios, she kept the lightheartedness from her Stella McCartney Resort 2018 outift going strong in this Rosie Assoulin Resort 2018 floral look paired with an Edie Parker clutch. Despite it being a trousers-and-tee ensemble, it had such an inherent femininity that was delightful—the peek of her pink pumps only cementing the girly-chic spirit.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Dua Lipa In Attico - Ascap London Music Awards

Dua Lipa In Attico – Ascap London Music Awards

Nicole Kidman In Versace - 2017 CMT Artists Of The Year

Nicole Kidman In Versace – 2017 CMT Artists Of The Year

8 Responses to Gabrielle Union Promotes ‘We’re Gonna Need More Wine’

1. Nat39 October 19, 2017 at 18:02 #

5th (Stella McCartney) – I like the prints, the effortless summery vibe, and how those chunky heels sortof mimic the shape of the bag – I think it all works, and the 1st.

2. meme October 19, 2017 at 15:20 #

She looks like a fashion victim and those chunky clunky shoes are awful.

3. fashionjudgment October 19, 2017 at 11:44 #

I actually don’t really like anything besides her first outfit. The Gabriela Hearst shoes are hideous, which makes me sad, cause I love her bags. The velvet pants could use some high heel to make them lay better and just get rid of those shoes. I don’t understand the need too cary that large bag in the 4th look. The last one is underwhelming. The pants look so much better with the belt and with a nice thigh-tfitting top she would rock them. Generally disappointed.

4. fashionjudgment October 19, 2017 at 11:44 #

5. JHH October 19, 2017 at 03:28 #

Third look is my favorite. All of these pictures were taken in New York, right? It seems odd to wear outfits 1, 3 and 4 in the same place where you wear 5 and 6? Maybe the weather was rapidly changing.

• Maria F. October 19, 2017 at 10:11 #

i agree. A few of the looks are okay, but just not seasonally appropriate.

My favourites are the Michael Kors and Stella McCartney velvet look (no. 3).

Not feeling the Arianna Grande hair.

6. Pheephee October 19, 2017 at 02:45 #

I much prefer the third one with the velvet pants. Its by far the best put-together look here. The colors are wonderful and fall-like.

• Alina October 19, 2017 at 06:07 #