Menu

18.10.17

Beyonce Knowles In Walter Mendez – TIDAL X: Brooklyn Charity Concert

It’s been a while since Beyonce Knowles made me want to get down on my knees and give thanks for the fashion gods, but she did last night (October 1&) while attending the TIDAL X: Brooklyn Charity Concert in New York.

Ensuring all eyes were on her, the singer wore an emerald green custom Walter Mendez gown teamed with a purple furry stole, sparkling heels a Judith Leiber x Alexander Wang ‘Money’ clutch and stunning tribal-style Lorraine Schwartz jewels for a truly sexy autumnal look.

The gown is so perfectly cut to her figure, it looks like she was literally sewn into it.

Beyonce can often steer down a “try-hard”, “not another sheer gown again” path, but last night she was giving me nothing but high-end glamour, fit for a queen.

We are not worthy.

Credit: Getty

Kate Hudson In Maggie Marilyn - Hearst Magazines' Unbound Access MagFront

Kate Hudson In Maggie Marilyn – Hearst Magazines’ Unbound Access MagFront

Camilla Belle In Carolina Herrera - Elizabeth Taylor Love & White Diamonds New Fragrance Launch

Camilla Belle In Carolina Herrera – Elizabeth Taylor Love & White Diamonds New Fragrance Launch

45 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Walter Mendez – TIDAL X: Brooklyn Charity Concert

1. Triton October 19, 2017 at 07:45 #

Sure she could have worn the latest Versace or whatever designer just showed their collection, I’m actually glad she gives exposure to new and coming designers unlike the usual suspects who wear Vetements, CK, YSL and whatever trendy brand is in at the moment… there was a time where one could nail the next Elie Saab, Versace or Balmain dress she’ll show up in to her next event, now she’s choosing unconventional designers. How much press did this designer just get by her wearing their dress…

She looks good, the color looks fantastic on her, the fit is amazing and her hair and make up are very flattering. I’m sick of the C-list designer shaming, if they provide a nice dress, it’s a nice dress. You don’t need all the gimmicks of the fashion world to look good.

Watch if this was Nicole Kidman and Prada had slapped their name on this with uninspiring styling everyone would be on board, just look at last weeks BDOTW winner.

Good for Beyonce for bringing light to new fashion designers. Fashion needs to evolve and give new players a chance, it’s not always a great look that everyone can agree with (as in this case) but it’s better than a tired name with a tired brand.

• lola October 19, 2017 at 17:55 #

Agree 100%! I like that she is wearing lesser known designers, I am getting sick of seeing the same ones over and over again. Also, I was not impressed with the last weeks, BDOTW winner. I’m so sick of people obsessing over Nicole Kidman. Sometimes she looks good, sometimes she doesn’t- its okay to say when she doesn’t

• Nat39 October 19, 2017 at 18:40 #

I see Nicole and her Prada just keep getting mentioned 🙂
      Even with that hair, she had class, poise and refinement of highest quality, and that Prada gown was perfectly tasteful and exceptionally beautiful.

• lola October 20, 2017 at 13:38 #

*Rolls eyes*. That look was mediocre.

2. Nat39 October 19, 2017 at 03:00 #

It’s a diva drag but can’t deny she looks sensational.

3. Christine October 19, 2017 at 02:42 #

This is so tacky and awful. DATED BEYOND BELIEF

4. CreoleLady October 19, 2017 at 02:03 #

Did she? Yes, she did. Purple, green and gold. You work your Creole magic Mardi Gras style, mama.

5. emercycrite October 19, 2017 at 01:17 #

This looks awful and tacky.

6. Pratyush October 18, 2017 at 21:10 #

jessica rabbit in a different colour way?
    1. dated design that would be called so on any other
    2. bad, bad fabric

• Jerusa October 18, 2017 at 21:35 #

Exactly my thoughts! That fabric looks very chic,

I’m sorry FC I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.

• Jerusa October 18, 2017 at 21:36 #

Chic, no, I meant cheap!

7. vicky October 18, 2017 at 20:26 #

Meh😒…too tight, too tacky, awful fabric and accessories, as always.
    Looks like a J-Lo copycat.
    Nice color, that’s the best I can say.

• Jerusa October 18, 2017 at 21:37 #

Yeap, JLo wanna be, with that hair do… Ay no no no !

8. Kathryn730 October 18, 2017 at 20:20 #

Slayonce!!! She serving in this dress! For those complaining about C-list designers google her speech to CFDA awards in 2016. A lot of A-list designers don’t make or don’t want to make clothes for Black women with curves. I love that she’s using her platform to highlight lesser known people who might otherwise be excluded from fashion’s elite circles. Sometimes the looks can be hit or miss but this is stunning! Love her or hate her your fav could never!

9. Giada October 18, 2017 at 19:01 #

It reminded me of this look:

She looks really lovely in the emerald and the fit and the glowy makeup are on point. It’s the styling that unfortunately makes it cheesy and a bit tacky. She’s also wearing the Judith Leiber x Alexander Wang bag that has been designed to resemble a roll of hundred-dollar bills. With a sleek modern suit the bag would have been a fun addition but with this look… It’s just a bit too much Real Housewives of New Jersey for me, I’m sorry.

Maybe she should work with Jason Bolden who has been doing some lovely work with Yara Shahidi.

• Catherine Kallon October 18, 2017 at 19:55 #

thanks a lot.

Yes, it is similar, but this one is a cut above for me

• Zee October 18, 2017 at 20:19 #

Cut above. Those are the key words. It just worked in her favour.

• Giada October 18, 2017 at 21:58 #

😉

10. kane October 18, 2017 at 18:58 #

I think she pulls this off.

11. bri01 October 18, 2017 at 18:41 #

I don’t care what she’s in, I’m not going to like it…because I don’t like her. My opinion.

12. J. October 18, 2017 at 17:46 #

I am no fan of Beyonce’s style, not even a tiny bit if I’m honest; however, I find this “she only wears c-listers” thing quite annoying and elitist. We should be giving her credit for, at the very least, be shedding light to lesser known brands and designers. How on earth is that diminishing?

Ellie Saab was also a C-lister (as you call it) when Halle Berry wore one of her gowns to the Academy Awards…and we all know how it all ended up.

Be kinder folks!

• justme October 18, 2017 at 20:26 #

Exactly. A famous person wearing a lesser-known designer is a good thing, period. Some people should just be honest, say they don’t like the wearer and keep it moving lol.

• TeaAtTwo October 18, 2017 at 21:22 #

Credit should depend on quality of the outfit rather than the level of the designer’s exposure.

13. Kelly October 18, 2017 at 17:28 #

I am shook. I love Beyonce as a performer, and am generally less enamored with her personal style, but this is really great.

14. amy October 18, 2017 at 16:59 #

she looks hot but we’ve seen her in this type of outfit so many times, even the shawl feels like dejà vu

15. Zee October 18, 2017 at 16:24 #

The dress is perfection. The colour is banging. The fit and cut is spot on. Her slightly darker hair is giving me Say My Name video vibes and her accessories are not too much(with Bey it’s big earrings or go home).
    Bey usually never cared about her red carpet looks since 2009(except that met gala feathery showpiece). This is right up there with her green Zac Posen number from years back. She brought it and we are really not worthy. Sadly, she will be back to those house of CB pieces that aren’t Project Runway worthy.

16. Dana October 18, 2017 at 15:54 #

I’m apparently in the minority, but I agree with FC. This is perfection from the Queen!

17. JHH October 18, 2017 at 15:47 #

I like the color of the dress and that is it. This is a tacky dated dress from a C-list designer. Beyonce deserves better. A star of her caliber ought to be wearing big name designers or introducing us to new talent not wearing dated tacky dresses. Her makeup is lovely here but that half-up hairstyle has got to go.

• Alina October 18, 2017 at 18:43 #

I 100% agree.

18. Camilla October 18, 2017 at 15:45 #

Ariana Grande hair 😀

• Maria F. October 18, 2017 at 15:56 #

who knew? She is basically now a trendsetter, as I keep seeing the hair on celebrities…

The colour of the dress is beautiful, but the fabric looks cheap.

• Pheephee October 18, 2017 at 20:53 #

Thats my thought also. Seeing this juvenile hairstyle way too often. It looks cheap.

19. Silvia October 18, 2017 at 15:29 #

Tacky and dated.

• Lashae October 18, 2017 at 23:05 #

• VG October 19, 2017 at 00:38 #

20. Pheephee October 18, 2017 at 15:03 #

Soooo tacky. like a cheeseball.
    I like her curves but man, she looks so silly with the outfit and hair.

21. Iva October 18, 2017 at 14:52 #

Sorry, but I still I find this cheap and tacky.

• Eni October 18, 2017 at 15:00 #

Totally agree.

Plus it’s looks like it’s gonna split in two at the slit…

• Sanya October 18, 2017 at 17:51 #

22. Caroline October 18, 2017 at 14:46 #

Lol how is Beyonce the biggest female star in America yet so thirsty? Plus this could be something a B list sitcom actress would wear. Step up your game queen B.

23. Mimi October 18, 2017 at 14:40 #

This is slightly tacky but she looks so smokin hot that I love it!!

24. TeaAtTwo October 18, 2017 at 13:42 #

I find it funny that for her red carpet appearances she regularly gets c-list designers when she gets big names for her tours. This is nice for her without veering to tacky territory. Well a little.

• Kelly October 18, 2017 at 17:29 #

That is a good point. She could command the best clothes in fashion but she wears House of CB and other tacky ish half the time.

25. Hermoine October 18, 2017 at 13:28 #

She looks like she always does….fine…not earth shattering or fashion forward. I would love for her to move beyond her comfort zone and show other sides of fashion.

26. Meme October 18, 2017 at 13:23 #

I don’t get this “awe” of Beyonce at all. I don’t like this dress or the massive fake hair. JMHO