Menu

16.10.17 Menswear

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

The men have recently been making just as strong of a statement on the red carpet with many of them breaking away from black suits.

Dev Patel: Choosing a more relaxed look for the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic event on Saturday (October 14), the British actor wore a Burberry a pale T-shirt and skinny khaki pants with a navy jacket. The distressed brown boots created a quiet but interesting mix of colours.

Armie Hammer: Looking debonair, the ‘Call Me by Your Name’ actor wore a slim Bottega Veneta suit at the Hammer Museum Gala In The Garden event on Saturday (October 14). The black polo neck and lace-up shoes helped bring out the miniature check in the suit.

James Marsden: The actor cut a stylish figure at the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic on Saturday (October 14). The dark green shirt and brown tie wouldn’t have been my first choice for this Zegna suit, but he convinced me how well they could work thanks to the matching brown shoes and simple accessorising.

Zachary Quinto & Miles McMillan: The stylish duo made a case for polos and shades of red at the Hammer Museum Gala In The Garden event on Saturday (October 14). Clad in Bottega Veneta, the ‘Star Trek’ actor opted for a burgundy three-button suit with a chevron top. The colours and pattern presented a retro feel. In contrast, Miles’s minimalist grey suit and plain polo drew my eye to the tailoring of the pieces and pointed-toe shoes.

Justin Hartley: Also attending the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic on Saturday (October 14), the ‘This Is Us’ actor went for a spirited mix-and-match look. A dove grey jacket was enhanced with a pale blue shirt, patterned tie and contrasting pocket square. The chambray trousers juxtaposed the upper half, but the brown accessories created a harmonious finish overall.

Edgar Ramirez: The Venezuelan actor was another dapper gentlemen in Bottega Veneta at the Hammer Museum Gala In The Garden on Saturday (October 14). He selected a warm grey two-button suit which was enhanced with a classic white shirt and brown shoes. I appreciate the way he didn’t over-style it and let the lines of the suit remain the focus.

Credit: Getty

Ciara In Zuhair Murad - One Voice: Somos Live! A Concert For Disaster Relief

Ciara In Zuhair Murad – One Voice: Somos Live! A Concert For Disaster Relief

Kathryn Newton In Valentino - 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' London Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Kathryn Newton In Valentino – ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ London Film Festival Closing Ceremony

16 Responses to Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

1. allezfred October 17, 2017 at 21:09 #

‘many of them breaking away from black suits’

The standard for menswear is rock bottom indeed.

• allezfred October 17, 2017 at 21:10 #

Justin Hartley looks so frumpy. The rest just plain basic.

2. Nat39 October 17, 2017 at 01:53 #

I’d like to choose a fave, but everyone is a bit off, not particularly loving anyone.

• Nat39 October 17, 2017 at 05:21 #

..I can choose the least faves..Zachary looks worst/comical, Edgar – not too bad, technically, but a bit too dull and unremarkable.

As for some others, I want to like Armie, but damn that grey suit is bland and the jacket does look a bit small for him. Slightly longer shirt cuffs (showing under the jacket sleeves), the top button of the jacket fastened, and a pocket square would’ve improved the overall presentation (although I’m still not too fond of that polo neck). Miles’s look is cleanly done (apart from the slightly short sleeves), but I’m not fond of the style, he’s going for, itself. That blue on James is jarring esp. with that dark green and brown (and the shoes look a bit battered). Dev’s look is not bad at all, it’s nice, but it’s your rather average clean casual look without any particular style (and I’m not a fan of his grooming). Justin – once again issues with the fit of the jacket (a bit too small for him, sleeves a bit too short), the tie knot could’ve been a tad sharper at the collar, and the whole look doesn’t seem to flatter him much.

3. Becky October 17, 2017 at 00:06 #

Ilaria Urbinati is hands down, the best stylist for men. I’m obsessed with Armie and his effortless vibe.

• allezfred October 17, 2017 at 21:08 #

She is as good as a chef who can boil water. BASIC.

4. fashionjudgment October 16, 2017 at 20:50 #

Miles is definitely the best one for me. Such a simple, yet interesting and effective approach. I would have loved Armie’s look as well if the jacket was a size bigger. I feel like the leaves are way too short.

5. Alina October 16, 2017 at 19:58 #

The first row + Zachary and Miles.

• JHH October 16, 2017 at 21:42 #

6. Megs222 October 16, 2017 at 17:55 #

Man, Dev is handsome! Everyone looks great but Justin stands out!

• Amanda F October 18, 2017 at 02:42 #

Ugh so Handsome!

7. TeaAtTwo October 16, 2017 at 16:15 #

I like Armie’s outfit especially the cool poloneck though it seems a tad snug on the shoulders. The tie and the shoes don’t work with James’ suit for me. Dev and Miles look good.

8. meme October 16, 2017 at 16:13 #

Zachary and Miles look fabulous together. Armie looks good (can’t wait to see his movie). That blue suit should be burned.

9. Crystalline October 16, 2017 at 15:46 #

Justin is my fave.

10. Maria F. October 16, 2017 at 15:38 #

Miles and Dev and Arnie (looks very 60s to me).

11. Chris October 16, 2017 at 14:49 #

James and Miles are my favs. Armie looks really good as well, though.