Menu

Blake Lively In Brandon Maxwell & Oscar de la Renta – Good Morning America

Looking outside my window, it feels like the end of the world is nigh, such is the threat of heavy rain storms and grey skies, so thank god for Blake Lively who brightened up my day en route to her guest appearance on ‘Good Morning America’ today (October 16).

Much like Margot Robbie; a bold, arresting hue was used to enlivened the GMA viewers as she wore a canary-yellow Brandon Maxwell Spring 2018 flared outfit which she styled with blue platforms.

I love the retro, carefree spirit of this uber chic look. This is the Blake Lively I know and love. But I can’t help feeling that her faux Lob would’ve looked so cool with this outfit.

Blake’s second look is one we instantly associate with her: glamour. And all before 10am.

The pop-art inspired look is a study in sultry detailing, from the fitted body, cascading drape and sequin embellishments.

As always, I’m hard pressed to select a favourite, as both have outstanding qualities.

Which look captivated you the most?

Credit: Vogue.com & Splash

Kathryn Newton In Valentino - 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' London Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Kathryn Newton In Valentino – ‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri’ London Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Chanel Iman In RtA & Acler - Out In Paris

Chanel Iman In RtA & Acler – Out In Paris

27 Responses to Blake Lively In Brandon Maxwell & Oscar de la Renta – Good Morning America

1. Caroline October 18, 2017 at 15:00 #

LOVE both looks. The Oscar de la Renta is my favorite.

2. Nat39 October 17, 2017 at 05:39 #

Oscar de la Renta – it’s not as loud, but more interesting, and works h2t better.

3. Crystalline October 17, 2017 at 01:41 #

I don’t like the hairstyle with the first look. The outfit is so bright and youthful but the hairstyle is aging and meh.

4. Elle October 16, 2017 at 21:04 #

Love, love, LOVE both looks! Too hard to pick a favourite, but I’m leaning towards the first look largely due to the fact that she paired such a great colour with teal platforms.

5. fashionjudgment October 16, 2017 at 20:43 #

I have no problem whatsoever with choosing a favorite. I think that the shinny shoes are too overpowering with the dress. I do love the yellow look, it suits her very well and is a great match for the occasion.

6. Jerusa Herrera October 16, 2017 at 20:26 #

My giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl!!! LOVE YOU Blake!

Uff this is too hard, I can’t pick one,

And I don’t care if it is 6am she looks stuning !!

• Jerusa Herrera October 16, 2017 at 20:27 #

stunning*

7. Chris October 16, 2017 at 19:57 #

I mean, these are obviously AMAZING.
    Two incredibly impactful, modern looks and she’s rocking both of them.

The only thing one could potentially criticize is that…yes, these might be a bit much for morning talk shows, especially the second one.
    The de la Renta dress looks like something I could see someone like Daisy Ridley wear – at a movie premiere… not a morning talk show! And maybe an occasion like that would do more justice to the amazing design.
    But then again, I’m definitely not seriously gonna complain about Blake doing her thing and enjoying fashion and really going for it.

These are both BDOTW-worthy.

• Catherine Kallon October 16, 2017 at 20:12 #

I understand the “too much for breakfast TV” argument, but I kinda love her for that very reason, she doesn’t worry about such details.

• Chris October 16, 2017 at 20:49 #

yeah, I mean… event appropriateness generally isn’t a detail to me, but in Blake’s case… I also sort of like that she’s unapologetically gonna go big. And if you have access to all these high fashion looks for free, why not make use of that to the fullest and just start getting your favorite looks out in the morning already, that way you can fit more into one day – I sort of get that and there is something endearing about that, it also shows that she actually really cares about fashion and is probably excited about getting to wear a lot of cool stuff, while with most other actresses and even models, you never really know if/how much they actually are into any of that…
        So yeah, I get it… and enjoy watching her during these promo tours… – while at the same time still having thoughts like, ‘that de la Renta look would’ve been a nice, major premiere look for someone else’. lol

8. Maria F. October 16, 2017 at 19:21 #

I prefer the first look. I adore it, but I wish they would have hemmed it one Inch.

• JHH October 16, 2017 at 21:45 #

9. Mimi October 16, 2017 at 19:10 #

I really like the first one, although I feel like maybe the fit could’ve been better? I feel like she gets lost in it a tiny bit. Maybe that’s just nitpicking though.

I definitely prefer the second look! Love!

• Alina October 16, 2017 at 20:01 #

I totally agree about the fit. I, too, prefer the ODLR.

10. Puneet October 16, 2017 at 18:48 #

the fact that she doesn’t have a stylist leaves me shook, she SHUT IT DOWN.

11. CDC October 16, 2017 at 18:45 #

That Brandon Maxwell look has to end up on some kind of BDOTY list, it is AMAZING

12. mark October 16, 2017 at 18:40 #

This is the Blake that I love. Fashion forward without being a try-hard. her first look was so well done and energizing but her second look is more interesting and her hair and make up is so on point.

13. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang October 16, 2017 at 18:32 #

Blake Lively is such a gorgeous woman and my long time favorite celeb crush. That Brandon Maxwell bold yellow jumpsuit is like a ray of citrus punch that lightens up your gloomy days, and the Oscar de la Renta embellished draped dress shows off her quirky personality in the best way possible!! 2 out of 2, perfection personified as always for our Gossip Girl stunner!! XOXO Gossip Girl, Serena van der Woodsen would be proud of you my idol!!

14. Pedro October 16, 2017 at 18:28 #

Damn!
    Blake slays. BDOTW for both looks

15. CreoleLady October 16, 2017 at 18:06 #

Love the first look. Agree, the bob would have been great here. Although I like the dress, it seems a bit incongruous to wear a strapless midi in late October on the streets of NYC to a morning show.

16. TeaAtTwo October 16, 2017 at 18:05 #

Who’s she? Holly Golightly? Dressed up like that before 10am.
    That said she looks fabulous in both looks.

17. jones19 October 16, 2017 at 17:45 #

That yellow number is so refreshing, love

18. amy October 16, 2017 at 17:40 #

I cannot deal with how good she looks. She’s in full movie star mode
    I like the yellow suit but the second look is BDOTW material. perfect

19. Pheephee October 16, 2017 at 17:40 #

The second. Lovely and fresh feeling.
    The first is nice also but a tiny bit aging perhaps.

20. Giada October 16, 2017 at 17:23 #

I like the first outfit, but I LOVE the second one. Such a fun and fresh look.

21. meme October 16, 2017 at 17:21 #

She is a gorgeous woman but that yellow is blinding but I like the second look.

22. Ale October 16, 2017 at 17:16 #

Blake is always a breath of fresh air. Love her style and love both looks.