Menu

Offering up an incredibly captivating entrance, Emma Stone was at the ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ premiere during the 61st BFI London Film Festival on Saturday (October 7).

I was immediately charmed by her Louis Vuitton embroidered dress, which was such a lovely representation of the label done oh-so-right on the red carpet.

Not only did the undulating allure of the sculptural sleeves take my breath away, the impeccable grace and beautiful simplicity with which Emma wore the delicately glinting gown made it one for the books.

Were you as entranced by this magical moment as I?

It seems Nicolas Ghesquière was, as he used the moment to confirmed that Emma is the new face of Louis Vuitton, which he confirmed via Instagram on Saturday night.

She joins Alicia Vikander and Selena Gomez as official ambassadors to the brand.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Julianne Moore In Chanel Couture - 'Wonderstruck' New York Film Festival Premiere

Julianne Moore In Chanel Couture – ‘Wonderstruck’ New York Film Festival Premiere

Balenciaga Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

Balenciaga Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

25 Responses to Emma Stone In Louis Vuitton – ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ London Film Festival Premiere

1. Pheephee October 10, 2017 at 02:12 #

I think its a seriously ugly bulky dress. Those sleeves look like ridiculous mess.

2. Nat39 October 9, 2017 at 20:45 #

Beautiful, I do love it overall esp. the original elements in construction (although can’t help but notice that the look reads a bit “maternity” esp. from the side view).

3. Leandra October 9, 2017 at 19:08 #

She definitely started with the right foot in this collaboration. I love the dress.

4. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang October 9, 2017 at 14:47 #

Anyone longing for Emma Stone to wear a gown during the Battle Of The Sexes promo tour would share my excitement upon seeing Emma in this Louis Vuitton gown!! To be honest, Andrea Riseborough outshines Emma during the promo tour, but finally with this elegant yet quirky offering from the leading lady itself, you get a 9 out of 10 for me my girl crush!! The one point is I wish Emma goes back to redhead again, as the fiery red mane provides much color injection to the whole presentation indeed!! Great job Emma, may the good times roll!!

5. Pedro October 9, 2017 at 12:53 #

Flawless! BDOTW

6. jones19 October 9, 2017 at 12:09 #

Lovely look but the makeup is a tad too shiny for my taste.

7. james October 9, 2017 at 11:42 #

I love this looks. As for the LV collaboration, I don’t see it. Someone like Ruth Negga would have made more sense since she infuses her quirky personality into her looks and Emma as well as Alicia are as original as a dishwasher.

• Christine October 9, 2017 at 13:38 #

Ruth Negga would’ve been perfect! She fits the brand more so than Selena and Emma.

I don’t like this dress on Emma, so it’s off to a bad start already for me

8. VG October 9, 2017 at 10:49 #

This is lovely from the front but I don’t like the side view. It makes her look wide.
    I’m sure she’ll look great in LV even if I don’t get her appeal as a fashion and beauty “icon”.

• JHH October 9, 2017 at 20:47 #

I was going to write almost the exact same thing so I’ll just +1. Really, in the second inset picture, the dress looks so unflattering that I am stunned.

9. Giada October 9, 2017 at 10:23 #

Yes I was definitely entranced. What a lovely fashion moment. I adore this! She looks like a goddess.

BTW, this is the second dress in a week that I’ve seen referencing the Art Nouveau period but in a totally different way. The first being the Gucci dress Carey Mulligan wore, which could have been a reference to Paul Poiret’s orientalism and this dress looks like straight of a Alphonse Mucha poster. But in a modern interpretation. Love it!

10. Enid October 9, 2017 at 10:17 #

While I think she looks great in this dress I’m so disappointed to hear that she’s a new ambassador for LV because I simply loathe Louis Vuitton nowadays. I think their designs are straight up ugly and I can’t think of more boring people in fashion than Jennifer Connelly, Michelle Williams or Alicia Vikander. I love Emma’s style so we’ll see what the future holds for her with LV but I’m really disappointed.

11. Chris October 9, 2017 at 10:01 #

She looks amazing. Great gown and she wears it so well. Love those sleeves. Early BDOTW-contender.
    I’m intrigued by the ambassador news, I feel like she and her stylist will make it work.
    (Selena Gomez is not an LV ambassador anymore btw, she’s with Coach. Just because she’s mentioned above)

• Maria F. October 9, 2017 at 11:15 #

i agree. I think or at least i hope that she will elavate a lot of looks with her fashion panache.

• Ale October 9, 2017 at 15:25 #

12. TeaAtTwo October 9, 2017 at 09:46 #

She looks great. Light and romantic but modern and cool.

13. Alina October 9, 2017 at 09:42 #

Charming. I love it!

Hopefully LV will be a great match for her, just as it is for Alicia.

14. cs October 9, 2017 at 09:39 #

Completely charmed by this, she’s like a modern version of Jane’s Austen’s Emma. There’s an excited buzz radiating from her.

15. Charlotte October 9, 2017 at 09:24 #

I don’t like the dress and I’m really disappointed that she will be the new face of Louis Vuitton since I find their clothes awful!

• TeaAtTwo October 9, 2017 at 09:50 #

Oh! The range that she offers is one of the things that I love about her style. I hope at least there will be lot of custom looks like with Alicia Vikander.

• Caroline October 9, 2017 at 18:40 #

• Caroline October 9, 2017 at 18:41 #

Maybe not awful, it works on some exceptions but definitely not for Emma.

16. Lashae October 9, 2017 at 09:20 #

Cool print but I have such a fatigue of the ‘cold shoulder’ shirts/dresses that I’m very ‘meh’ about the dress tbh

17. Camilla October 9, 2017 at 08:51 #

Thomas had this down for Alicia Vikander but it looks great on Emma!

• Catherine Kallon October 9, 2017 at 09:15 #

It’s a great dress. Alicia would’ve looked just as good I think