Menu

29.09.17

Sarah Jessica Parker In Monse – New York City Ballet’s 2017 Fall Fashion Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker is always front and center for the New York City Ballet Fall Fashion Gala and the 2017 installment – which took place on Thursday evening (September 28) – was no exception.

I love that she opted for two New York brands for this occasion; wearing a custom made Monse off-the-shoulder illusion fringed dress – with plenty of SJP twirl-ability – styled with the Gabriela Hearst ‘Demi’ bag.

When we think of the New York City Ballet we envision nothing but floor-length gowns sweeping the red carpet, but I love this interpretation of a modern New Yorker.

Jennifer Lawrence stars in the new Dior Cruise 2018 ad campaign

Jennifer Lawrence stars in the new Dior Cruise 2018 ad campaign

Monica Bellucci In Valentino - 65th San Sebastian Film Festival: Donostia Award

Monica Bellucci In Valentino – 65th San Sebastian Film Festival: Donostia Award

11 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Monse – New York City Ballet’s 2017 Fall Fashion Gala

1. Alina September 30, 2017 at 17:54 #

It’s SJP. She kinda makes it work.

2. Nat39 September 29, 2017 at 20:10 #

Oh man, I was so excited (I love that off-the-shoulder neckline, the beautiful shimmer and on-trend fringe) until I saw the illusion part, too bad b/c it’s such a beautiful neckline.

3. JHH September 29, 2017 at 19:37 #

The material looks like a cross between a car wash and tinsel. Between that and the eye makeup, it’s a no for me.

4. TeaAtTwo September 29, 2017 at 17:40 #

I don’t love it but I am intrigued by the dress. The eye make up is doing her no favours.

5. meme September 29, 2017 at 16:58 #

What a mess. Cheap looking carwash dress. I hate it.

• Caroline September 30, 2017 at 01:42 #

6. Pheephee September 29, 2017 at 15:11 #

Its not ott which she usually does so I appreciate that but I do not like the dress at all. The material looks really cheap. Like made out of a tiki hut or a cheerleaders pompoms or something. I despise this long dangly fringe and definately not made for this event.

7. Mimi September 29, 2017 at 14:21 #

Something about this looks very costume-y to me. Maybe it’s the color or the material? It looks cheap to me.

8. Crystalline September 29, 2017 at 13:11 #

That’s a very cute hand bag! This is the very best version of SJP since a very long time.

• Jerusa Herrera September 29, 2017 at 16:21 #

I agreed with! I love SJP but she’s way too over the top sometimes (I love her anyway) but here I can’t find any faults, just perfect.

9. Marie September 29, 2017 at 11:56 #

I’m not often on board with her style, but this looks actually quite fun and lovely, it fits her well, the colour is great and I actually love the neckline. Not one hundred percent sold in the styling department (like those shoes) but overall a nice look!