Menu

22.09.17

amfAR Milano 2017

Beautiful babes lit up amfAR Milano 2017 on Thursday (September 21) wearing their most striking and varied ensembles.

Jourdan Dunn: Proving that shine and feathers aren’t needed to make an entrance, the model struck a pose in this bold Naeem Khan Fall 2017 gown. Wisely, she kept her styling simple to let all the abstract details on the dress be appreciated.

Alessandra Ambrosio: The Brazilian beauty’s Julien Macdonald Fall 2017 gown had lingerie leanings befitting a Victoria’s Secret supermodel. The triangle bikini top against the long sleeves is a strong contrast and makes me think this would have worked better as two separate dresses.

Giovanna Battaglia: The Italian editor and stylist took uneven hems to the extreme with a mini dress with a floor-skimming panel on the one side. The multicoloured Halpern Fall 2017 dress was previously worn by Marion Cotillard, Katy Perry and Cardi B. Given the modified version, it felt like a new piece, to me.

Hailey Baldwin: The model brought some Italian glamour to the carpet with her styling and accessories. The Missoni Resort 2018 gown stood alone entirely thanks to its texture. I fear that some might compare it to synthetic grass, but there was something interesting about it for me. My only wish was the gown was hemmed a few inches.

Izabel Goulart: The Brazilian model decided on tuxedo dressing with this long belted blazer. It wasn’t the loudest look, but the bejeweled collar and satin details had a refined elegance.

Karolina Kurkova: Like Hailey, Karolina experimented with textured Missoni. Her sky blue Resort 2018 ensemble had no shortage of elements from the printed jacket to the fringed skirt to the belt. The styling took it over the edge for me. A simple heel and stud earrings would have been sufficient.

Chiara Ferragni: Bringing some femininity to suiting, the blogger wore a black Saint Laurent Fall 2017 ensemble. Some might be confused about the placement of the ruffle, but I found the overall mix of proportions and fabrics successful.

Erica Pelosini: Clad in pink Ermanno Scervino Fall 2017, Erica had her princess moment in the layers of pink. Of course that thigh-high slit underscored the sweetness of gown. If the look feels familiar, it was previously worn by Elsa Hosk.

Elsa Hosk: Speaking of the model, she was wrapped up in Ralph & Russo Fall 2017 Couture gown. The weaving of the contrasting bands might look messy to some, but it came across as innovative as opposed to restricting.

Shanina Shaik: Mixing white with black and different sheer fabrics, the model’s Philosophy di Lorenzo Serafini Fall 2017 dress offered some interesting details. Alas, I don’t think the finish was as cohesive as it could have been.

Nieves Alvarez: A sheer lace skirt added some sultry allure to the tailored black jacket in this Ermanno Scervino Fall 2017 ensemble. Statement Bvlgari jewels brought another dazzling element up top while coordinating Aquazzura sandals balanced out the bottom. The black Yliana Yepez clutch kept the contrast from being overkill.

Maria Borges: Donning Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition Fall 2016 Couture, the Angolan model turned heads in a sheer dress bedecked with floral appliqués. While a lot of us are suffering from sheer fatigue, I enjoyed the way the translucent dress shows Maria’s skin and brings out the gold tones of the surface detailing.

Credit: Getty

Michael Kors Sexy Ruby Fragrance Launch

Michael Kors Sexy Ruby Fragrance Launch

Supermodels pay tribute to Gianni Versace

Supermodels pay tribute to Gianni Versace

24 Responses to amfAR Milano 2017

1. Jess September 22, 2017 at 19:25 #

I do not like Jordan’s dress, reminds me of that awful Roberto Cavalli dress Victoria Beckham wore years ago. Just a terrible deco-mimicry with zero subtlety.

Maria Borges on the other hand looks goddamn beautiful, even making me forget that I don’t like silver and gold together.

• Nat39 September 22, 2017 at 20:27 #

Hmm, I’m getting tribal/handcraft inspiration from Jordan’s look.

2. james September 22, 2017 at 19:23 #

Giovana for me. Her version of this dress is so much more appealing than the ones Marion and Katy wore imo.

• Alina September 22, 2017 at 20:13 #

• Caroline September 22, 2017 at 20:46 #

• JHH September 22, 2017 at 21:08 #

3. CreoleLady September 22, 2017 at 18:29 #

“shine and feathers aren’t needed to make an entrance” — couldn’t agree more. I woud add sheer to the list as it is often just a cheap thrill. J’adore Dunn’s Naeem Khan.

4. TeaAtTwo September 22, 2017 at 16:56 #

Not really wowed by any of these. Alessandra looks tacky. Giovanna dress is nice but Marion’s version was far superior.

5. Thit September 22, 2017 at 15:44 #

I love EVERYTHING about Elsa’s look, even the wet hair thing. She is stunning, and the lip with the silver makes me so happy.

6. charlotte September 22, 2017 at 15:29 #

my humble thoughts:
    1.Jourdan: What a stunning woman! her hair and makeup are flawless and I couldn’t take my eyes off of the beautiful details on that Naeem Khan number.She really looked like a queen bee(Pun intended of course)
    2.Same old Ale. unapologetically sexy, I was surprised to find her dress to be Julien Macdonald and not Alexandre Vauthier.
    3.Giovanna: she wore this better than Marion,there I said it.
    4.Hailey: she really is so dull isn’t she?
    5.Izabel: worked her killer body to her strength.
    6.Karolina: She lost her fierceness as a supermodel.I blame the hair.
    7.Chiara: weird design with the huge ruffles.Gorgeous face and serpenti necklace tho.
    8.Erica:not a princess in my eyes, the shoulder bag is such an after-thought and felt out of place.
    9.Elsa:Completely unrecognizable,donno this was a good thing or bad.Can’t believe the dress was R&R couture either.
    10.Shanina: the high-low hemline is so 2013….and the shoes are dated as well.
    11.Nieves: agree with Leandra on this is how Natalia’s Dior ensemble should’ve looked.I wanna see her smile for once.
    12.Maria:Don’t mind the sheerness but I would appreciate this even more sans the gold choker.

• Leandra September 22, 2017 at 15:52 #

I was so sure it was a Vaulthier as well. Very his thing.

7. Chris September 22, 2017 at 15:23 #

I’m not really feeling any of these, tbh.

8. Kelly September 22, 2017 at 15:14 #

My only issue with Hailey’s dress is that Hailey is the one in it.

• charlotte September 22, 2017 at 15:31 #

• Hermoine September 22, 2017 at 15:58 #

9. Pheephee September 22, 2017 at 15:12 #

Jourdans dress is very beautiful and interesting. I am glad she kept it simple with her styling.

10. Jerusa Herrera September 22, 2017 at 15:10 #

Jourdan Dunn SPECTACULAR!!!
    Karolina Kurkova the fitting couldnt be worst, she looks like a 80 years old
    Maria Borges I agreed with you Heather even tho is sheer I’m surprised that I liked it.

11. amy September 22, 2017 at 15:01 #

Jourdan looks amazing, her dress is so interesting.

12. Leandra September 22, 2017 at 14:54 #

Im just the opposite to “meme” in this case, I like everybody even Miss Tryhard, except la Kurkova. She lost her mojo.
    Nieves ensemble is what the just a few days ago Natalia Vodianova’s Dior should’ve looked, me thinks.
    Giovanna looks spectacular. I really love the drama of that dress.

13. Nat39 September 22, 2017 at 14:49 #

I was floored by Jourdan Dunn!! The flawless fit, the striking print (adore the tribalesque feel!) – the look is incredibly harmonious with her natural beauty – exquisite, stunning, she looked like an exotic goddess. J’ADORE

14. meme September 22, 2017 at 14:34 #

Other than Izabel, I don’t like any of these and everyone needs to stop trying to make Hailey Baldwin happen.

• charlotte September 22, 2017 at 15:01 #

PREACH,sister.
      That girl gives zero life to anything she wears.

• Kelly September 22, 2017 at 15:14 #

yup. Sooooo tired of her seeing her mug on RCFA.

• Leandra September 22, 2017 at 15:26 #

It used to be la Suki Waterhouse…Now is this one.