Menu

Rihanna In Calvin Klein 205W39NYC – Sephora Hosts ‘Fenty Beauty By Rihanna’

After seeing Rihanna in Molly Goddard on Wednesday night, I was hopeful that the singer had turned a corner.

That came to a screeching halt when I saw her in Calvin Klein 205W39NYC at the ‘Fenty Beauty By Rihanna’ Paris launch party hosted by Sephora at the Jardin des Tuileries this evening (September 21) in Paris, France.

Yep, the trapeze-style dress is back with full force. I don’t hate it, but I do feel a bit deflated.

I wouldn’t have minded the runway colourway, and length – to be honest.

Hopefully, we’ll see Rihanna at her playful best soon.

Calvin Klein 205W39NYC white patent leather and clear plastic cut-out ankle strap pumps and Chopard jewels completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Andrea Riseborough In Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood - Build: 'Battle of the Sexes' Discussion

Andrea Riseborough In Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood – Build: ‘Battle of the Sexes’ Discussion

Jennifer Lawrence In Brock Collection - 'Mother!' New York Screening

Jennifer Lawrence In Brock Collection – ‘Mother!’ New York Screening

18 Responses to Rihanna In Calvin Klein 205W39NYC – Sephora Hosts ‘Fenty Beauty By Rihanna’

1. Kelly September 22, 2017 at 15:16 #

I’m so happy she ditched those sandals!

2. charlotte September 22, 2017 at 14:45 #

I have no words. This is CRAY

3. meme September 22, 2017 at 14:32 #

this is not a dress, it’s a schmata.

• charlotte September 22, 2017 at 14:45 #

exactly

4. Schoolbea September 22, 2017 at 11:28 #

This is hardly “a dress”, by my standards. It just looks like she’s constricted by the elastic bands sewn into a bunch of fabric with the most unflattering length. The ankle strap sandals only serve to shorten her legs even more.

I don’t know, if she has a new, fuller figure, I don’t think that necessarily means hiding it behind tent-like dresses or supersized mannish looks. Just dress for the new size, you still have a great body.

5. amy September 22, 2017 at 08:50 #

The runway version is better. Rihanna looks cute but a bit underwhelming

• Fiona-Brasil September 22, 2017 at 14:30 #

+ 1

6. grazia September 22, 2017 at 06:02 #

I really think she might be choosing these loose, voluminous styles lately because she’s got a tiny bit of extra weight for her right now and she’s maybe trying to hide in the volume or something, which she doesn’t need to do.

7. TeaAtTwo September 22, 2017 at 05:36 #

It’s unflattering and inferior to the runway version.

8. Mimi September 22, 2017 at 03:21 #

Why is she always trying to look like a cupcake lately?

• moonbeam September 22, 2017 at 05:30 #

She’s gained weight. Once she loses the few extra pounds she’s put on she’ll likely regain her fashion mojo.

• Camilla September 22, 2017 at 10:09 #

Hmmm, I think yes and no – mostly no. She looks happy with her different size if it reflects her happier personal life. I think just aesthetically she’s misguidedly leaned really hard into the babydoll dress and whip-severe strappy sandal groove. Her cupcake look (*such* a cute way to phrase it), it must be said, was freakin’ amazing at the Met Gala. But she hasn’t done anything eye-popping since then. I don’t mind this and the recent Molly Goddard, but I dislike the ballooning, hard fit of the Giambatista ballgowns and the mannish suiting options she’s been going for. The last of the latter had the sheen of a cheap, cheap 90s suit and while I love to push the envelope, supersized garment teamed with supersized garment, repeatedly, is not proving to be my jazz.

9. SilentVisitor September 22, 2017 at 03:12 #

What an ugly look. Choosing a black version of the dress was bad but shortening made it look terrible on her. She should have lengthened the dress

I also think those shoes are ugly

What is going on with Rihanna?

10. Pheephee September 22, 2017 at 02:27 #

sigh.

11. Caroline September 22, 2017 at 01:26 #

I really wish she would’ve opted for the runway version.

• Maria F. September 22, 2017 at 11:02 #

12. JHH September 22, 2017 at 01:15 #

I had suggested this for Rihanna in response to Thomas Monk’s pick of this look for Julianne Moore and to see it worn like this by Rihanna who I thought could rock the heck out of it makes me sad. But on a happy note, at least she is not wearing the gladiator sandals with this. Shortened this dress is not flattering on Rihanna because it makes her look huge and she would have looked great in the color shown on the runway. And, the ankle strap on the shoe is not helping. Deep sigh.

• Alina September 22, 2017 at 13:04 #

I remembered your pick and I was disappointed to see this is how it turned out.