Menu

‘Woodshock’ LA Premiere

The ‘Woodshock’ premiere on Monday (September 18) in LA was a fantastical affair with attendees supporting designers Kate and Laura Mulleavy’s directorial debut in Rodarte.

Tessa Thompson: A frequent wearer of Rodarte, the actress-musician stayed true to form in a Rodarte Fall 2017 lace dress. The whimsical factor was enhanced with Yael Sonia jewels and Charlotte Olympia ‘Wild At Heart’ platform sandals. The finishing touch was a crown of blue flowers nestled in her updo.

Kirsten Dunst: Naturally, the longtime Rodarte devotee and ‘Woodshock’ star, donned Rodarte for the premiere. Some might have issues with the sheer dress from Spring 2018, but I find the diaphanous fabric helps tame the sweetness of the ruffles and sparkles. I also love the way Kirsten nodded to the runway version with a floral sprig in her blonde waves. Forevermark jewels completed her look.

Rowan Blanchard: Finishing the Rodarte trifecta, the young actress wore a shimmering Fall 2017 dress. If I had to nitpick, I find that the Giuseppe Zanotti ‘Gwyneth’ sandals distract slightly from the shimmering dress because of the black, whereas the coordinating clutch was more successful. Still, it was another successful look for the Rodarte fan.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Roland Mouret Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

Roland Mouret Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

Sylvia Hoeks In Preen - 'Blade Runner 2049' Berlin & Rome Photocall

Sylvia Hoeks In Preen – ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Berlin & Rome Photocall

11 Responses to ‘Woodshock’ LA Premiere

1. Schoolbea September 19, 2017 at 23:44 #

I think only Kirsten’s look works here. I’m thrown off by the styling of the other two looks, and by how little they seem to match the wearer: Tessa looks too prim and childish, and Rowan looks too mature.

• JHH September 20, 2017 at 00:17 #

Maybe Tessa and Rowan should have switched dresses. These looks all remind me of why I am not generally a fan on Rodarte — just a bit too much frill and excess for me.

• Schoolbea September 20, 2017 at 09:19 #

… and yet Kirsten manages that excess like no other. I’m loving her in Rodarte lately.

2. Marie September 19, 2017 at 21:13 #

I think only Kirsten works here, mainly because only she seemed to get what these dresses were about. Tessa all but ruined the look imo with those very heavy styling choices. Rodarte dresses are often meant to have an ethereal feel to them, if executed right, not something to combine with a tight updo and glitter accessories… Tessa is really overcooking it.
    That said, the fit of Rowan bodice looks so uncomfortable, someone get that poor girl to a tailor please. Maybe I’ll even forgive the clutch then.

3. james September 19, 2017 at 18:46 #

The 1st two look like they came out of a cult meeting :-p

4. Leandra September 19, 2017 at 18:23 #

Surprisingly, I like all of them. Kristen looks really good and the strategic hand posturing shows the professional she is.

5. Lara September 19, 2017 at 16:57 #

I love Tessa Thompson, even when her fashion choices are questionable. But this… this is not for a 33 year old woman. I would raise an eyebrow even if it were worn by Millie Brown. The bust area of Kirsten’s dress is scary. I like Rowan’s look but I would have ditched a clutch.

6. amy September 19, 2017 at 16:42 #

Tessa is just in overload mode
    Kirsten looks fine

7. Caroline September 19, 2017 at 16:21 #

I think Kirsten found her brand. Rodarte is for her. Don’t think much of the others.

8. Fiona-Brasil September 19, 2017 at 16:16 #

IMHO we have here three unfortunate Rodarte examples.That said, I am the biggest fan of the label…

9. meme September 19, 2017 at 16:14 #