Elisabeth Moss In Atelier Prabal Gurung – 2017 Emmy Awards

Elisabeth Moss has been attending (and has been nominated) for Emmys over the last few years. Once again nominated, the actress attended the 2017 Emmy Awards on Sunday night (September 17).

At first glance, I felt underwhelmed. In my opinion, the above-the-ankle Atelier Prabal Gurung dress didn’t do enough for her apart from show off her Olgana Paris shoes.

While not all nominees need to shout with sequins and feathers, I felt there needed to be something more impactful for the actress who is nominated for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series for ‘The Handmaid’s Tale.’

Not to be missed was the ACLU ribbon attached to her Christian Louboutin ‘Vanite’ clutch which is meant to encourage Congress to pass a “clean” Dream Act, and has been spotted on numerous stars at the last few major red carpets, including Elisabeth’s costar Alexis Bedel.

Forevermark completed her look.

Credit: Gett

Laura Dern In Proenza Schouler - 2017 Emmy Awards

Laura Dern In Proenza Schouler – 2017 Emmy Awards

Zoe Kravitz In Christian Dior Couture - 2017 Emmy Awards

Zoe Kravitz In Christian Dior Couture – 2017 Emmy Awards

20 Responses to Elisabeth Moss In Atelier Prabal Gurung – 2017 Emmy Awards

1. Sian September 18, 2017 at 22:42 #

It’s just so…slouchy… partly her posture, partly the dress being ill fitted I think. The colour and cut is just so plain and boring from someone who was a favourite long before she stepped foot on the carpet. The shoes, the bag, the dress, it’s all just so flat and monotone. Perhaps a berry lip might have helped. I don;t know if she and Karla Welch just decided to do something simple and let her speech and the show do the talking or something. I just expected more. She has only ever truly wowed me once and that was the floral Oscar de la Renta at the Tony Awards a few years ago, I guess I expected more from someone who had multiple nominations (and wins) on the night

2. Camille September 18, 2017 at 17:22 #

This dress was a big miss. I watched her accepting her award and the dress was just so ill fitting and blah. She is too short waisted to wear this type of dress. I know because I have the same issue. On a long waisted, swan like figure a dress like this would ooze minimalist sophistication. But on her it looked ill fitting and prom like and the color was beyond blah on her. Sorry to be so harsh, because in the end she won an Emmy but the dress was pretty awful.

3. Fiona - Perth September 18, 2017 at 15:52 #

It did wash her out unfortunately, I like the idea but it fell a bit flat. Fit was not great and I wish it had not been so short – even ballerina length would have worked better. Was missing a bit of something extra for me…

4. Marie September 18, 2017 at 12:31 #

This dress needed an amazing fit to convey the minimalistic charm that was surely its point. Sadly, the fit isn’t amazing, it’s not even very good, so the look falls flat. (Contrasting shoes and clutch in pretty much any colour would’ve done so much for this. The shoes are a shade or two off from the dress, so the whole tone-in-tone effect goes down the drain)

5. adrian September 18, 2017 at 12:16 #

Wow! This was spot-on for me. Surprised by the other reactions.
    It feels lighter, more fun. She looks at ease and like she’s having fun. I could totally see Marilyn Monroe or even Christina Hendricks in this. Perfect!

6. TeaAtTwo September 18, 2017 at 11:21 #

This is so bland.

7. charlotte September 18, 2017 at 07:53 #

Sad to see a nominee and winner in such a plain and ill-fitting dress. the color is also drab
    And this is Atelier?say what?

8. Alina September 18, 2017 at 06:40 #

Come on! This was her big night… I can’t believe this is Prabal Gurung. Boring, uninspiring.

9. Boy September 18, 2017 at 04:45 #

Dorky and prom-like

10. Megs222 September 18, 2017 at 02:31 #

I really like her beauty look and her earrings but I am mystified by this dress choice! She can and has done so much better. This is a huge night for her career. Strange.

11. AnderBoBo September 18, 2017 at 02:06 #

The silhouette is way too twee and the color is washing her out. Considering she is favored to win I can’t believe she didn’t go for a more impactful look.

12. JHH September 18, 2017 at 01:46 #

At first, second and all glances, I am underwhelmed by this look but not surprised because Elizabeth Moss is not a fashion person.

• Schoolbea September 18, 2017 at 09:46 #

I agree. It doesn’t surprise me. It’s slightly worse than I expected, though… It really is a bland look.

13. Christine September 18, 2017 at 01:44 #

So sad to look at this dress. This is the best Prabal Gurung can do for a nominee? Sad.

• Caroline September 18, 2017 at 01:46 #

+1 and it’s ATELIER Prabal Gurung. Any RTW piece was better than this.

• Christine September 18, 2017 at 01:49 #

I KNOW RIGHT!!! Tragic.

• meme September 18, 2017 at 02:30 #

Tragic indeed. ATELIER? FFS

14. Amanda September 18, 2017 at 01:44 #

I really love the dress and the shoes. The soft pinks are so beautiful. I agree maybe she needed a more impressive look for this event though.

15. annna September 18, 2017 at 01:43 #

Looks like an ill-fitting prom dress. Don’t know why she would wear that to the Emmys.

16. Chris September 18, 2017 at 01:42 #

From what I’ve heard, she’s the favorite to win, but this look doesn’t exactly scream “winner”. I’m not feeling the shoes. Otherwise, she looks lovely, though.