Menu

Olivia Culpo in head-to-toe Tod’s during NYFW

Olivia Culpo has been doing the rounds during New York Fashion Week, changing several times a day.

Yesterday (September 11), she hit the streets of Manhattan wearing a full Tod’s Fall 2017 runway leather look, which for first time had me feeling a touch of OC fatigue.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the look and her total commitment to bringing us everything from high end to affordable fashion, but at the same time this look feels a tad contrived.

As a stylist friend of my would call this dressing, not styling.

I get no sense of her style here.

I love street style fashion during Fashion Week because you get to see looks pulled together in an inspiring way, this just tells me she had free reign in the Tod’s showroom.

Credit: Vogue.com & Splash

Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

Diane Von Furstenberg Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

Rosamund Pike In Alexander McQueen - 'Hostiles' Toronto Film Festival Premiere

Rosamund Pike In Alexander McQueen – ‘Hostiles’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

16 Responses to Olivia Culpo in head-to-toe Tod’s during NYFW

1. Noemi September 14, 2017 at 13:36 #

These must be some of the most unflattering pants ever made. I saw another photo and she looked like a man.
    So no, I don’t like this and I usually never like runway looks in real life

2. pinksugar September 13, 2017 at 04:26 #

I use to really enjoy Olivia’s style, especially her street style but lately it has become so contrived. I know she has gone through a few different stylists so maybe that factors in, but something is just off. The last few looks have reeked of try-hardery. I miss her more girly, glamorous style that seems to it her light, airy personality more.

3. Schoolbea September 12, 2017 at 22:06 #

I was wondering why it felt so contrived the way it was, and Catherine really hit the nail on the head. I love the look as it is presented on the runway, in theory there would be no need to change anything, but still… I don’t get a taste of her personal style here at all.

4. kane September 12, 2017 at 19:17 #

I love this, although I could have done with different boots and… socks (or none at all)?

5. Nat39 September 12, 2017 at 15:25 #

I love it! This is cool, fashionable, trendy, well-coordinated, the runway outfit is perfect the way it is and works 100%, so I don’t mind it being recreated – Olivia is working it, the outfit looks great on her and I like her choice of matching red clutch.

• Nat39 September 12, 2017 at 15:38 #

..and I like how she wears the collar raised and the glasses are a charming touch of personality. Sometimes style can be expressed through subtle personal touches like this.

• Caroline September 12, 2017 at 17:03 #

Yes to everything.

6. Kelly September 12, 2017 at 15:06 #

I don’t believe that anything she has worn indicates that she has any sense of personal style. She is a dress up doll for companies.

• JHH September 12, 2017 at 15:44 #

I agree with you. That is why I am not especially impressed with her looks. This outfit looks like it came from a kit.

• Nat39 September 12, 2017 at 15:58 #

They should start giving out those kits haha, there will be more well-dressed people:))

• justme September 12, 2017 at 16:12 #

Exactly.

• Boy September 12, 2017 at 17:41 #

I agree.

• Alina September 12, 2017 at 19:33 #

I totally agree with Kelly.

7. Miguel September 12, 2017 at 14:56 #

It is such a good, stylish and modern look, but I agree with you. She has literally worn the exact same look that was presented on the runway, minus the bag.

8. Maria F. September 12, 2017 at 14:19 #

it is identical to the runway after all. I must say though, that I like the pieces individually, especially the boots.

9. Hermoine September 12, 2017 at 14:12 #

The thumbnail picture looked like Victoria Beckham
    This does look a bit tryhard