Menu

Brie Larson had her own unique fairytale moment at the ‘Unicorn Store’ premiere, held during the 2017 Toronto Film Festival, on Monday (September 11).

Apropos that she opted for a Schiaparelli Fall 2017 Couture gown that was undoubtedly selected to reflect the whimsical mood of the film with its light, scarf-like layers and colourful range of hues.

To ensure the look stayed within the sophisticated side of fancifulness, she styled it quite simply with her sleek bun and complementary sandals.

This is a dress which was made for movement, as I can only imagine the lovely effect of the layers floating behind her as she walked.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Ciara In Galia Lahav Couture - Out In New York City

Ciara In Galia Lahav Couture – Out In New York City

Berenice Bejo In Elie Saab - Deauville American Film Festival Closing Ceremony

Berenice Bejo In Elie Saab – Deauville American Film Festival Closing Ceremony

19 Responses to Brie Larson In Schiaparelli Couture – ‘Unicorn Store’ Toronto Film Festival Premiere

1. Speedy September 12, 2017 at 23:49 #

She always look so bored and thats why even the most bright dress lost it’s appeal on her. I love this dress but not on her ..

2. Caroline September 12, 2017 at 17:10 #

I like it. No complaints from me.

3. Pheephee September 12, 2017 at 15:08 #

She gets lost in all the fabric and the belt is really ugly and really just seems out of place (even though its part of the runway also).
    None of this works.

• Lashae September 13, 2017 at 06:30 #

4. Schoolbea September 12, 2017 at 09:33 #

No. Whatever happened to the Brie Larson that wowed us during the Kong premieres? I understand the occasions are not comparable, but she can do so, so much better!

Her makeup looks amateurish and does not go with this look at all… And her toes… No no.

• Chris September 12, 2017 at 10:22 #

She changed stylists right after the King Kong promo tour (upgrade from Cristina Ehrlich to Samantha McMillan), so I guess a different style direction was the goal.

• Schoolbea September 12, 2017 at 12:49 #

Thanks! I guess I’m not fashion forward enough to understand how it was an ‘upgrade’… dunno, I don’t even see her as comfortable in these designs as she looked during that promo tour.

• Chris September 12, 2017 at 13:55 #

I said ‘upgrade’ because Samantha is the more expensive, more high profile stylist, I guess. Cristina mostly styles tv stars and most A-listers leave her as soon as they become a bigger deal (with exceptions), while Samantha is the stylist of the Fanning sisters, Michelle Pfeiffer, Johnny Depp etc. Cristina’s most high profile clients are, like, Anna Kendrick, Priyanka Chopra, Greta Gerwig. So in that sense it was an “upgrade”, no matter what one thinks about the results.

• Schoolbea September 12, 2017 at 22:23 #

Oh… I see.

I had never thought about these intricacies! Thank you!

• Chris September 13, 2017 at 12:38 #

“And I guess even if you felt better/more comfortable with the results of the first stylist, you’re not supposed to have a lower-profile stylist?” I don’t think it is quite that drastic. I don’t think someone would settle for a stylist they’re less comfortable working with just because they’re more high profile. I don’t think the whole stylist thing gets enough attention by the general public just yet for it to be that drastic in terms of…they have to get the most high profile stylist or something like that. And there are examples of actresses not changing stylists (for example Emily Blunt who has been with the same stylist forever although she’s her only true A-list client by now imo). So if Brie and her stylist would have gotten on truly perfectly, she probably wouldn’t have changed stylists (getting along with a stylist of course consists of more than just red carpet results, but also…personally getting along). So maybe they only got on alright and so with Brie getting that Marvel role and bigger paychecks, this stylist ‘upgrade’ looked like a step that made sense to Brie and her team. But I don’t think she saw herself actually forced into an ‘upgrade’.
              But it is interesting that with this particular stylist, actresses seem to like to leave her once they become bigger (actresses like Margot Robbie and Amy Adams once were Cristina Ehrlich clients, too). But Cristina has a very long list of clients, while some of the most high profile stylists have only like a handful of exclusive clients – which probably automatically results in them having a more personal relationship to their clients, which probably again results in clients being less likely to leave them (which is how most become a high profile stylist in the first place, by starting out with like two clients that end up becoming famous and never leave their stylist…). So, you see, it’s a complicated thing. lol

• Schoolbea September 13, 2017 at 14:19 #

Haha, I see! Thanks for taking the time to explain it!

5. VG September 12, 2017 at 09:00 #

This is terrible. Why is her stylist trying so hard to turn her into a fashion girl? I think she would fare better with less fussy designers like Michael Kors or Calvin Klein or Zac Posen. These high fashion couture looks from the runways of Paris overwhelm her and she just can’t sell them.

6. james September 12, 2017 at 08:58 #

Her toes! Good lord! Ouch!

7. Alina September 12, 2017 at 06:56 #

The makeup look is not OK. I like the dress, its colours, but the belt is taking it too far. I think a red sash belt would have been better.

8. JHH September 12, 2017 at 03:59 #

The makeup is awful. I gasped and not in a good way when I saw the close up. I am ambivalent about the dress but the belt, that I hate.

9. Meme September 12, 2017 at 02:28 #

Newp. This is fug.

10. Chris September 11, 2017 at 23:21 #

Wow, such an interesting look. I love it, make-up and everything included.

11. Jess September 11, 2017 at 23:20 #

wooo this is dreamy

12. Noemi September 11, 2017 at 23:08 #

There’s something I don’t like, maybe the length… and the makeup is terrible