Menu

Fan Bingbing In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2017 Bazaar Star Charity Night

Fan Bingbing looked breath-taking on the red carpet for the 2017 Bazaar Star Charity Night this evening (September 9) in Beijing, China.

The actress looks to have caught fringe fever if her Ralph & Russo Fall 2017 Couture gown is anything to go by.

We’re used to seeing the actress is big, billowing gowns, so this form-fitting dress serves as a refreshing change.

I love how the richly embellished crystals are offset with tiered fringing for optimum sashaying impact.

De Beers jewels and green bejweled clutch – which some might think is misplaced – rounded out her gorgeous look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Harper’s BAZAAR Celebrates ‘ICONS By Carine Roitfeld’

Harper’s BAZAAR Celebrates ‘ICONS By Carine Roitfeld’

Self-Portrait Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

Self-Portrait Spring 2018 Red Carpet Wish List

18 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Ralph & Russo Couture – 2017 Bazaar Star Charity Night

1. Kelly September 11, 2017 at 15:11 #

I kind of love this but I think I would be really crazy about it on someone with more a fun personality? I really don’t know Fan outside of RCFA but her very princessy dresses never really give much insight to her personality. Think of how FUN and lighthearted this would be on someone like Liu Wen, with a megawatt smile.

2. charlotte September 11, 2017 at 04:33 #

thank god for Bingbing,an eye cleanser is much needed after the hot mess that is the Bazaar Icons party.
    I must point out that this is not one of those spectacular R&R couture gowns,the fringes veer a slightly dated vibe. but she still managed to WERQ it.

3. kane September 10, 2017 at 18:14 #

Surprising myself I don’t hate this. Clearly made for walking though.

4. Schoolbea September 10, 2017 at 16:21 #

I think she looks breath-taking despite the dress, instead of thanks to it. I’ll just echo other commenters in saying it looks kind of dated and not a particularly good design.

5. Leandra September 10, 2017 at 12:40 #

I don’t like it. Head is perfection as always but the dress has that uneasy feeling of deja vu. Besides, adding fringes is the easiest trick to elevate an otherwise mediocre design.

6. AnnaP September 10, 2017 at 12:12 #

Oh how wonderful – this is perfection. Everything, the jewellery, make up, hair, the dress is so beautiful on her. BDOTW for me! I wish Hollywood/NYFW could be this classy!

7. Alina September 10, 2017 at 06:01 #

Gorgeous and an early BDOTW contender.

• anonymous as always September 10, 2017 at 18:46 #

8. Pheephee September 10, 2017 at 04:42 #

Well I just cut down Monse spring collection for the fringe, saying how I hate fringe…..except this one by Ralph & Russo is lovely and fun.
    haha I feel like a hypocrite and I admit it. I think this is so pretty and playful. She works it very very well in the pictures.
    So perhaps whoever wears Monse spring has a chance!

9. Meme September 10, 2017 at 04:15 #

Compared to the previous post, she looks amazing and I don’t even like it.

10. JHH September 10, 2017 at 02:26 #

She looks beautiful. I don’t love the side view. I am not a fin of fringes and would normally want fewer fringes but in this case I think I would have liked more fringe rather than the side panels. The third small picture looks really odd to me but Fan Bing Bing looks amazing in this dress.

I think the reason that this dress seems like other designers is that although R&R makes beautiful dresses, their looks can be a bit derivative.

11. David September 10, 2017 at 02:06 #

Why does everyone think this looks like a marchesa dress? Am I the only one who thought this is Balmain? 😂 But she really looks perfect on this look!

• amy September 11, 2017 at 08:50 #

exactly. this is a Balmain design especially the fringe on the bust part.
      She does look good

12. JB September 10, 2017 at 02:02 #

Looks so similar to Cate Blanchett in Givenchy at the 2016 Golden Globes.

13. Marie September 10, 2017 at 00:35 #

Okay, keep calm, keep breathing, everything’s fine kids, OMG she looks Absolutely Gorgeous!!! I mean, I’m a big fan of her style anyway, but this is definitely one of her better looks! It’s so enticing and, from her, even unexpected. I love how it has some sheer elements, but it’s still so tasteful!
    And her hair and make-up, especially her hair, go so well with it.
    I didn’t get the clutch at first, but it grew on me quickly as it’s a very subtle touch of colour.
    It’s just, it’s just stunningly beautiful and I love everything about it. I love her.

14. Amanda September 10, 2017 at 00:22 #

I think this is stunning on her. It would appear that the runway version is more of an off-white which I like better that the stark white on Fan Bingbing but it might just be the lighting? Definitely won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but she wears it beautifully.

15. Caroline September 10, 2017 at 00:06 #

I don’t know. It looks like a dated Marchesa piece, not R&R Couture. She looks gorgeous nonetheless but I don’t know what yo think.

• Chris September 10, 2017 at 11:59 #

My first thought was “Marchesa”, too, and that’s not a compliment for me. lol But she does look gorgeous.