Menu

08.09.17 Premiere

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Miu Miu – ‘The Deuce’ New York Premiere

Maggie Gyllenhaal continue to promote her new film, ‘The Deuce’ by attending the New York on Thursday (September 7).

So, a 41-year-old woman celebrating her birthday in a ultra short dress didn’t go down too well, so I’m intrigued to hear your thoughts about a 39 year-old woman in a crop top.

For me age isn’t a issue, it’s the way you wear it; and Maggie is rocking this graphic pink floral print jacquard Miu Miu three-piece suit.

Styled with Jennifer Fisher hooped earrings and her favourite brown velvet Prada pumps, I’ve enjoyed seeing Maggie go from contemporary, to retro and now chic in a space of a week.

'Top of the Lake: China Girl' New York Premiere

‘Top of the Lake: China Girl’ New York Premiere

Sienna Miller In The Vampire’s Wife - Mothers2mothers Host Committee Breakfast

Sienna Miller In The Vampire’s Wife – Mothers2mothers Host Committee Breakfast

17 Responses to Maggie Gyllenhaal In Miu Miu – ‘The Deuce’ New York Premiere

1. Elliott Bettman November 6, 2017 at 04:22 #

I LOVE Maggie Gyllenhaal. She is mesmerizing in The Deuce! I hope she wins every award there is. I watch that show mostly for her.

2. anonymous as always September 10, 2017 at 19:48 #

I am always looking forward to see her style on the red carpet. No matter what she always manages to be a breath of fresh air.

3. jbetweenthetrees September 8, 2017 at 21:11 #

LIKE!

4. Hermoine September 8, 2017 at 19:12 #

Well I am …. slightly older and I wouldn’t wear it. But then I just had 2 back to back bowel resections and I’m pretty sure no one wants to see that!

5. JHH September 8, 2017 at 16:45 #

I would like this crop top and all but the fit of the pants is bringing it down a little bit and the too big/boxy jacket is a another minus but I love all over print outfits so this started out on the win side for me and the two negatives do not ruin it.

6. james September 8, 2017 at 16:07 #

I didn’t get the issue with Naomi’s look. Let’s be honest here, if I didn’t know Naomi’s age, I would think she was in her late 20’s, early 30’s. She has the legs for and like Gabrielle Union looks way younger than her age, she can afford to wear short dresses. And she looks classy always.

• Leandra September 8, 2017 at 17:36 #

I agree with you as I had to google her age when i wrote that but i knew it was somewhere 38ish… but I also think a woman in her 40ies shouldnt wear the junior line of any label. The dress wasn’t mini,it was micro. I’m a bit conservative on this issue, I admit. I was the 1rst to say she has gorgeous legs…

7. Leandra September 8, 2017 at 15:18 #

Ouch! Direct on my chin ! ;-))
    Yeah, but those 2 years from 39-41 make a whole new world stylistically speaking for a lot of women, including myself. Besides one can sit comfortably wearing a crop top.
    I like this outing with minor issues about the crotch and the shoes choice.

• Catherine Kallon September 8, 2017 at 15:37 #

Ha….. I’m glad you came back in good humor.

And yes, you can sit comfortably in a crop top 😀

• Leandra September 8, 2017 at 15:43 #

love you gurl…

8. Caroline September 8, 2017 at 15:17 #

I really like this on her. She usually keeps it boring. This is fun and suits her well.

9. Chris September 8, 2017 at 15:05 #

I’ve really enjoyed her style this year, at least she always keeps things fun and interesting. This is no exception. I’m not a fan of the shoes, though.

10. Boy September 8, 2017 at 14:55 #

This new style direction she’s taking really suits her imo.

11. meme September 8, 2017 at 14:48 #

Newp. I loved her retro look though.

12. amy September 8, 2017 at 14:48 #

I have no issue with crop tops , if you got the body for it.
    She looks okay here, I needed the jacket to be more fitted and the print itself is a bit grannyish.

13. Alina September 8, 2017 at 14:32 #

This is a no for me. I dislike the print and don’t understand the shoes with it.

• Pheephee September 8, 2017 at 15:01 #