Menu

Rebecca Hall In Jason Wu – Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner

Joining Maria Ivakova at the Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner on Tuesday (September 5), Rebecca Hall continued her favouritism for the colour black, as she served up another polished and elegant look during the Venice Film Festival.

The actress has had so many dazzling moments thus far in Venice. However, this Jason Wu Fall 2017 point d’espirit black dress won’t rank quite as highly among them in my book—if only because of that intentionally visible nude under-dress.

That said, I will remain duly impressed by the streamlined way in which she elevated this dress to sophisticated proportions—from the simple sandal (a marked improvement from the runway shoe) to her more delicate Jaeger-LeCoultre watch.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Poppy Delevingne In Reem Acra - GQ Men of The Year Awards

Poppy Delevingne In Reem Acra – GQ Men of The Year Awards

Coco Rocha In Zac Posen - The Third Murder (Sandome No Satsujin) Premiere & Jaeger-LeCoultre Hosts Gala Dinner

Coco Rocha In Zac Posen – The Third Murder (Sandome No Satsujin) Premiere & Jaeger-LeCoultre Hosts Gala Dinner

8 Responses to Rebecca Hall In Jason Wu – Jaeger-LeCoultre Gala Dinner

1. Marie September 6, 2017 at 15:58 #

Not her best, but still not a complete catastrophe. I like that the timepiece actually goes well with the outfit. Not something everyone manages.

2. Maria F. September 6, 2017 at 11:05 #

my pet peeve are dresses that are not lined all the way through. I do not understand that concept. It looks sloppy to me.

3. Alina September 6, 2017 at 05:59 #

This works for me. The sheer aspect of it doesn’t bother me as it is in no way tacky. She carries the look with poise and makes it sing.

4. Pheephee September 6, 2017 at 03:50 #

Meh. Compared to her others this is just not as good. Cant get it right all the time though. Look forward to more from her!

5. VG September 6, 2017 at 03:21 #

I’m surprised by the negativity…I personally think she looks wonderful here. Sheer is ok when done right and this (IMO) is done right. She looks chic and sophisticated.
    I haven’t liked everything she’s offered in Venice so far, but I like this.

6. Christine September 6, 2017 at 02:22 #

Not liking this one

7. JHH September 6, 2017 at 01:46 #

Yeah, I agree that the lining brings this look down. There had to be something better that could have lined this dress. She looks very poised and elegant though despite the “not up to her standards for this festival” dress.

8. Caroline September 6, 2017 at 00:17 #

First look from her so far that I haven’t liked.