Menu

Jennifer Lawrence In Atelier Versace -‘Mother!’ London Premiere

I wasn’t ready for this.

If this is a dream, I don’t want to wake up.

Jennifer Lawrence channelled her inner JLo on the red carpet this evening (September 6), for the ‘Mother!’ London premiere.

Her Atelier Versace Fall 2017 form-fitting web-like gown which hugged her figure has really left me stunned. It’s something I never expected, but a moment a will cherish for a long time.

There were mixed feelings about her Dior Couture gown from Venice Film Festival, so does this walk on the more daring side sit more favourably?

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

'IT' LA Premiere

‘IT’ LA Premiere

Penelope Cruz In Atelier Versace -  'Loving Pablo' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Penelope Cruz In Atelier Versace – ‘Loving Pablo’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

54 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Atelier Versace -‘Mother!’ London Premiere

1. bas September 8, 2017 at 08:26 #

WOWWWWW!! BDOTY

2. adrian September 7, 2017 at 17:56 #

best i’ve ever seen her

3. Caroline September 7, 2017 at 15:38 #

FACE, BODY, HAIR, MAKE UP. SHE made this dress fabulous. This Versace gown is nothing special, it doesn’t even get me excited but she’s supreme and she made the look completely. I love this, not because of the gown, because of her.

4. Camilla September 7, 2017 at 13:44 #

The last time she looked this good was at the 2011 Oscar’s, in Calvin Klein…

5. Kiwi September 7, 2017 at 11:09 #

I am blown away!!! Amazing!

• tod September 7, 2017 at 17:09 #

oh YES!!

• anonymous as always September 11, 2017 at 00:35 #

she look amazing and her body looks insane in this dress… hope she keeps it up!

6. Tyrone September 7, 2017 at 09:01 #

“Trashy” “Looks cheap” says everyone in their H&M/Zara/Aritzia. This is atelier and takes time to construct and finesse and made this young woman look amazing. This post also got a lot more comments than the last couple posts so I think this look got people talking so…

7. amy September 7, 2017 at 08:47 #

she’s selling that dress like a consummate pro. The dress itself is just fine but on her, it’s gorgeous. I’m mostly tired of sheer but this I can take

8. Triton September 7, 2017 at 07:49 #

Say whatever you want about Versace but they can make one hell of a dress for a hot young thing and even adjust their style for and older audience (see Jane Fonda, Penelope Cruz, Amal Clooney)

This is what I want to see from a 27 year old on top of the world, a movie star, an A lister, an Oscar winner…. she has the age, the body and looks… show it off.

9. Crystalline September 7, 2017 at 07:48 #

The makeup is stunning. Dress is amazing but did not get me excited because of the sheerness. But overall she looked very radiant!

10. TinaL September 7, 2017 at 06:34 #

Maybe it’s just another sheer nude dress but she is totally selling it!
    Love her makeup and hair, it’s absolutely stunning. The dress is okay, nothing too special (as a sheer dress), but her overall look is gorgeous.
    BDOTW!

11. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang September 7, 2017 at 04:57 #

When I see Jennifer Lawrence in this sheer cobweb Atelier Versace fringe gown, and that fierce pose saying that “Hey BOYS, look at me!! I’m a bonafide movie star and I look PERFECT from every angle!!”. If Jen’s attempt is to SLAY us once and for all, she succeeded with a much aplomb!! SLAY Jennifer SLAY, long live Katniss Everdeen!!

12. Boy September 7, 2017 at 02:19 #

I don’t LOVE the hair but everything else is just perfect!

13. Nat39 September 7, 2017 at 00:11 #

It’s fine, don’t get the excitement though. There is nothing that special or memorable here.

• SilentVisitor September 7, 2017 at 04:05 #

Same; She looks really nice and it is really great to see her in such a different look but nothing groundbreaking here

I have to say, the look still feels fresh on her; on JLO or Rita Ora, this would have been a 100% tacky look mostly for the “been there, done that”

• Lashae September 7, 2017 at 04:07 #

ita, its good for Jennifer but overall I’m very in ‘meh’ group

• Pheephee September 7, 2017 at 04:43 #

yaaaaaa, I am intrigued because this dress is on her and not Rita n Jlo, for examples…
      .and on Lawrence, specifically, its new and refreshing for her…
      and its nicely/decently lined….which I appreciate.
      its not the dior bore.

• dedel September 7, 2017 at 15:05 #

+ 1000 don’t get the hype, I much more prefer the Dior dress

14. Christine September 6, 2017 at 23:57 #

Her first sexy look. Love it. So dangerously BDOTW worthy!

15. VG September 6, 2017 at 23:30 #

This is the first time ever a Jennifer Lawrence look has blown me away! I didn’t think she had it in her! The gown isn’t new or groundbreaking but it’s different on her and she looks fierce and fresh. She seems so confident and “glowy” lately…I think she’s well rested and it show.

Also, it proves once again how wrong Dior is for her…she needs to break that contract and sign with Versace pronto! It just might be the perfect brand for her!

16. Ale September 6, 2017 at 23:22 #

WOW
    This is one of her best looks ever!
    BDOTY contender for me.

17. Chris September 6, 2017 at 23:02 #

I was at the premiere and saw this in person and am writing this from fashion heaven! Seriously, pics don’t even do this justice, she completely took my breath away. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone look this stunning in person. BDOTY

• Amanda September 7, 2017 at 02:39 #

OMG I love this! and I am jealous of your trip to fashion heaven! I agree even though I did not have the pleasure of eyeballing it in person I will take your word for it. This is stunning.

18. Olivia September 6, 2017 at 21:55 #

This is exactly why I hate her Dior partnership. We know she can look incredible and this is just another example. I wish she was free to dress like this all the time. This is perfect!

19. AnnaP September 6, 2017 at 21:54 #

It’s just another see-through dress. And her makeup is not appealing. It’s a “no” from me.

20. Fiona-Brasil September 6, 2017 at 21:50 #

She looks fabulous here!But I prefer the Dior or even the Valli.I don’t like this type of mesh dresses…

21. PauKarpi September 6, 2017 at 21:45 #

Damn girl! YAAAS

22. meme September 6, 2017 at 21:35 #

Now that’s a movie star. She looks sensational even if the dress is partially sheer. Jen, NEVER wear Dior again.

• Mimi September 6, 2017 at 21:47 #

+1 never again!!

23. Mimi September 6, 2017 at 21:32 #

“I wasn’t ready for this.

If this is a dream, I don’t want to wake up”

+ 1000

24. Pedro September 6, 2017 at 21:31 #

Wow wow wow!

This is perfect from h-2-t! One of her best ever

25. Pheephee September 6, 2017 at 21:30 #

Wow!! I didnt even know she had a JLo side to her. Love it!
    I see no nipples or breast even, no granny panties, no visible panty so this is lined except for her legs, which I find completely acceptable here.
    If this was on JLo I’d be like, ‘next’….most likely……but this is on Lawrence and damn she looks refreshing and youthful, hot.

26. Leandra September 6, 2017 at 21:27 #

The face looks amazing and I totally LOVE the carefully disheveled hair but the dress has something slightly macabre in its pattern, reminds me a bejeweled beef caul fat, I cant unsee it, sorry.

• JHH September 6, 2017 at 23:21 #

Why did I click on your link? Now, I can’t unsee it either. LOL

• Leandra September 6, 2017 at 23:32 #

It’s more evident on the model I think, Perhaps because she’s so skinny it brings some almost phantasmagoric feeling to the look.

• Schoolbea September 7, 2017 at 00:27 #

That’s exactly what I thought! So macabre!

I love how the sheer is done, and how gorgeous she looks in the dress, but I can’t love it, the pattern gives me the creeps…

Kudos to her for her presence on this red carpet. She looks sexy and confident 🙂

27. Carolina September 6, 2017 at 21:25 #

She has been SERVING. Yes, it’s sheer, but she looks soooo good.

28. Marie September 6, 2017 at 21:23 #

WHAT is going ON?! Omg, I thought her last two looks were great, but THIS is like a whole new level of amazingness! She looks Amazing, there is not a single thing I could possibly nick-pick here!

The dress is amazing on its’ own, the design interesting, original and enticing and I love how well the lining works. I had to look at a few close-ups to get it and I have to say, this is how you do sheer interesting and tastefully.
    The fit on Jennifer is perfect and the lining is so close to her skin-tone that it’s almost invisible, creating a perfect illusion.

Also, I don’t remember her ever having such a presence! Even when she wears something great, it often looks like the look wearing her, but here, she is owning it one-hundred percent!

Maybe it’s because this is so unexpected from her and I’m so blown away, but I actually consider this BDOTY-worthy.

29. argentins September 6, 2017 at 21:23 #

This was wished for Karlie Kloss and I think, with all due respect to Karlie, that Jennifer is owning it to another level. I saw the Red Carpet live and I do not recall ever seeing her looking this sexy yet sophisticated and mature.
    Yest it’s sheer but it’s Versace and on J-Law. I’m speechless. Best she has looked in long, long, time.

30. AnderBoBo September 6, 2017 at 21:23 #

Even though sheer has been done to death THIS IS SUCH A WOW MOMENT!! Finally this tour she looks like a bonafide movie star!

31. Maria F. September 6, 2017 at 21:22 #

this is more like it.She looks great.

32. JHH September 6, 2017 at 21:22 #

Of course, her body looks amazing in this dress — wow — but the dress itself is trashy, dated and cheap looking IMO. In the closeup of her face, her makeup is terrific. BTW, if J-Lo wore this, it would have a thigh slit.

• Hermoine September 6, 2017 at 21:45 #

I wondered if I was the only one who didn’t like it at all!

• Leandra September 6, 2017 at 21:58 #

I wouldnt go as far as calling it trashy but I can’t deny it’s a quite dated style. And the mesh has a kind of morbid effect.

33. Charlotte September 6, 2017 at 21:11 #

She looks gorgeous !
    I love this on her, it’s the best she’s been looking in a long time.
    Still, the fabric of the dress looks weird and kinda cheap.

34. MQ September 6, 2017 at 21:08 #

She is so pretty! She looked stunning in this Versace, but I really love her Dior dresses. You slayyyy, Jen!

35. MH September 6, 2017 at 21:03 #

Oh wow! I have thus far been hating on everything sheer but she looks absolutely incredible!

36. james September 6, 2017 at 20:55 #

Good. Time to join her age range :-p

37. Nat September 6, 2017 at 20:49 #

She looks great. I think this J-Lo look is very dated and boring but compared to her red carpet style is very refreshing. Finally, a non aging look or unflattering look. I wouldn’t change anything.

38. Alina September 6, 2017 at 20:49 #

I like that she is owning the look, but it’s a slightly sheer nude dress and I’m kinda over it.

39. Maya September 6, 2017 at 20:48 #

This is how she should look all the time! Time to break it up with Dior! It was never a compatible partnership!

40. Paolo September 6, 2017 at 20:47 #

I wouldn’t change a single thing… perfect!!

• Fanni September 6, 2017 at 20:55 #

+1 probably her best look… EVER! 😍 She looked stunning, and thank God this outfit is sexy, but classy at the same time, not cheap at all. Perfect, like a dream! 🎉