Menu

Who Wore Halpern Better? Marion Cotillard or Katy Perry?

Marion Cotillard attended the Trophée Chopard Ceremony during Cannes Film Festival dazzling in a multicoloured Halpern Fall 2017 sequined look which qualified as the designers first major red carpet moment.

It was a great moment for us also, as we got to see Marion’s style evolve outside of Dior’s reigns.

Katy Perry wore the same look this weekend while presenting the VMAs; selecting the full coloured trousers rather than the half-and-half look presented on the runway.

Marion wins for me.

Even though I want to remove the Chopard necklace, I prefer her trousers. Katy’s look had too much of one thing going on.

Halpern Sequin-embellished draped bustier top
Halpern Sequin-embellished high-rise flared trousers

Martha Hunt's Isabel Marant Off-White Reone Dress

Martha Hunt’s Isabel Marant Off-White Reone Dress

Lake Bell In Antonio Berardi - 'Home Again' LA Premiere

Lake Bell In Antonio Berardi – ‘Home Again’ LA Premiere

9 Responses to Who Wore Halpern Better? Marion Cotillard or Katy Perry?

1. Saudin August 30, 2017 at 18:41 #

There are also other pictures that show how epic Marion looked in that look….

2. Pheephee August 30, 2017 at 15:02 #

Marion by far bc of the styling…. But I do think the dress is an ugly mess, on anyone so……..

• JHH August 30, 2017 at 17:38 #

+1. This Marion by a mile but I agree about the dress.

3. Mimi August 30, 2017 at 14:11 #

Katy’s tacky hair and makeup makes Marion automatically win for me.

• Nat39 August 30, 2017 at 15:47 #

Yep, that hair and makeup are jarring. Marion wins.

4. james August 30, 2017 at 13:03 #

Neither to be honest. I would have loved it more on Katy had she toned down her clownish make up. Marion on the other hand went also too far by going way too natural. They both fail to bring life to this dress imo.

5. Chris August 30, 2017 at 12:09 #

It looks soo much classier on Marion. It looks epic on Marion, the way the train is draping on the floor, while on Katy, it’s just… sort of hanging there?! lol And Marion’s beauty look is *much* preferred, I’m not on board with Katy’s.

• SilentVisitor August 30, 2017 at 12:51 #

Marion by a wide margin for all the reasons you listed

6. Shiva August 30, 2017 at 10:33 #

I wasn’t sure at the beginning but in the end I thought, Miss. Perry looks pleased to be wearing the outfit, while I can imagine the designer of the outfit being pleased that Marion-in choosing to dress down from Dior- chose to wear his design. So I went for Marion.