Menu

Lorde In Monique Lhuillier & Jourden x Nike VaporMax – 2017 MTV VMAs

Lorde attended the 2017 MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday (August 27) , where she performed her new single, ‘Homemade Dynamite’.

Red Carpet: It’s not often Lorde gives us a princess moment, but this Monique Lhuillier Spring 2018 gown was one to behold. The look was simple and effortless and one for her hall of fame. It would’ve been easy to slip a quirk in here, as it was the VMAs, but I’m happy she didn’t disrupt the purity of the look.

Performance: Cranking things up several gears; Lorde channeled her inner Bjork for the performance wearing an Jourden x Nike VaporMax silver ruffled mullet dress paired with Nike sweats and sneakers. It may seem like an odd combo, but I will take this as a performance piece when it could’ve so easily – with a few more inches – been a red carpet look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Yara Shahidi In Zimmermann & Rodarte - 2017 MTV VMAs

Yara Shahidi In Zimmermann & Rodarte – 2017 MTV VMAs

Amber Rose In Yousef Al-Jasmi - 2017 MTV VMAs

Amber Rose In Yousef Al-Jasmi – 2017 MTV VMAs

16 Responses to Lorde In Monique Lhuillier & Jourden x Nike VaporMax – 2017 MTV VMAs

1. charlotte August 30, 2017 at 03:53 #

Oh No,I saved that Monique Lhuillier for Fan Bingbing,but considering Lorde actually nailed her look,I’ll let it pass.
    her second look is puzzling to me,sweat pants with tin-foil dress?really?

2. Amanda August 29, 2017 at 05:33 #

The gown is stunning on her – is it VMA appropriate? Maybe not but it seems anything goes at the VMA’s so why not. The performance outfit reminds me of the tinfoil lid of Jiffypop over a pair of track pants.

3. SilentVisitor August 29, 2017 at 02:41 #

First look is great, not necessarily VMAs appropriate but given some of the disasters we have seen, I will take it

The second look is just plain ugly….. performance look or not

4. Marie August 28, 2017 at 19:54 #

The Luhillier gown is an amazing look, so unexpected, cool and it looks like it was made for her. I mean, go big or go home, right? You go, girl!
    (don’t really get the performance outfit though.)

5. Sanya August 28, 2017 at 18:47 #

I love the first look, and I think that she pulls of a princess moment at the MTV VMAs. Her music and her personality are different/special, and this is a perfect to show that. I would say that this look has a BDOTW potential.
    Performance look is just a performance look.

6. Pheephee August 28, 2017 at 17:47 #

First one doesnt suit the vmas at all. Looks out of place no matter if she looks good in it or not. The second is just ugly.

7. JHH August 28, 2017 at 15:34 #

The first look is a lovely dress. I like the dress but don’t love it for the VMAs where I want a little more sass or edge or uniqueness but still it’s a nice look and maybe Lorde’s best red carpet look ever. The performance look is a lot of fun. Both go into the win column for Lorde.

8. meme August 28, 2017 at 15:00 #

It’s a beautiful dress but really not for the VMAs. Her performance outfit was dumb. Does she ever smile?

• SilentVisitor August 29, 2017 at 02:40 #

She doesn’t have to smile to please people if she doesn’t want to

9. Alina August 28, 2017 at 14:55 #

I love the red carpet look. Probably her best ever and one of the best at this event without a doubt. The gown is stunning, both in design and colour, and her simple and modern styling make it appropriate for the event. Who says the VMAs can’t be classy?

• Caroline August 29, 2017 at 02:16 #

10. cindy August 28, 2017 at 12:22 #

The dress is too beautiful for the VMAs.

11. Christine August 28, 2017 at 12:07 #

Surprised that she wore a princess gown. Nice, but a bit much for this event

12. Chris August 28, 2017 at 11:54 #

The Lhuillier was epic! Easily one of the best dressed at the event.

13. amy August 28, 2017 at 11:48 #

not my pick for the VMAs but she looks gorgeous in that lavender dress

14. Mimi August 28, 2017 at 11:07 #

she looks awesome and somehow made a princess dress look cool!