Menu

03.08.17

Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Grants Banquet Red Carpet Roundup

Elisabeth Moss wasn’t the only one in attendance at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Grants Banquet on Wednesday (August 2) in Beverly Hills, California, as more stars joined her on the red carpet.

Jenny Slate: Jenny has had an amazing run lately, so I had high expectations for this outing. Unfortunately, my hopes were dashed a bit with her presentation of this Etro outfit that was styled with metallic Nicholas Kirkwood ‘Penelope Pearl’ heels and Ileana Makri jewels. The top half was reminiscent of a bathrobe with her bra peeking through, and it seemed a clunky pairing to the diagonal stripes in the skirt below. Her bedhead hair and makeup also seemed to be mere afterthought.

Alison Brie: Alison’s fringed, metallic Thai Nguyen Atelier Pre-Fall 2017 dress presented as far more polished effect with plenty of sultry, modern flapper appeal. Eva Fehren jewelry and Jimmy Choo heels completed the look.

Aja Naomi King: There was nothing so significant about the silhouette of this effortless, boho-flowy Reformation dress, but its sunny, yellow colour was positively radiant on Aja.

Credit: Getty

Celine Dion rocks Rochas on the streets of Paris

Celine Dion rocks Rochas on the streets of Paris

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Red Carpet Roundup

7 Responses to Hollywood Foreign Press Association’s Grants Banquet Red Carpet Roundup

1. Caroline August 4, 2017 at 13:25 #

Three bad looks.

2. Kathy August 4, 2017 at 07:19 #

Aja is my favorite of the three. The silhouette is a bit on the casual side, but the color is stunning. Jenny is not pulling off her look, but I do want to see it on someone with more red carpet mileage (maybe Cate Blanchett?). I feel like I’ve seen Alison in this boob-window dress a million times. Also her eye makeup is heavy-handed, and her shoes are about a size and half too small.

• JHH August 4, 2017 at 13:47 #

I was thinking the same thing about Alison Brie.

3. Schoolbea August 3, 2017 at 22:30 #

Jenny’s styling sadly fails. Such a pity, I love Etro and she can do great in these tailored outfits IMO.
    Alison Brie looks flawless, that’s a cute party dress! I just miss a statement earring.
    Ana Naomi King looks fine I guess, forgettable despite the vibrant colour. That silhouette has been done to death.

4. AnderBoBo August 3, 2017 at 21:51 #

Alison looks flawless. Aja is lovely and that color is divine but her styling is rather lackluster. I can’t believe such a huge miss from Jenny.

5. kane August 3, 2017 at 21:42 #

Alison stands out of these three (not too much of an achievement), Jenny’s look is a stiched-up mess.

6. Charlotte August 3, 2017 at 20:30 #

Aja Naomi King looks great, this color is gorgeous on her.
    I like Alison Brie look, except for the eye make up, looks like someone punched her in the face, twice !
    I don’t think Jenny Slate looks that bad, the whole look seems a bit sloppy sure but this ensemble looks good on her.