Menu

Celine Dion’s street style takes a risqué route in Alexander McQueen

My strong belief is that Celine Dion can do no wrong, and the feeling was not about to change as she left the Ritz Place Vendome in Paris yesterday afternoon (August 1).

Her latest jaw-dropping street style look comes courtesy of Alexander McQueen.

This stunning lingerie-inspired Spring 2017 gown with a risqué corset bodice and floral embroidered tulle might be a step too far for some, but my feeling is she’s just getting started.

Is this her best look to date?

Perhaps not, but I’m far too busy enjoying the pageantry of it all to delve too deep into that.

A pair of cat eye sunglasses and caged heels finished off the look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Backgrid

Elodie Yung In Christian Dior - Build Studios

Elodie Yung In Christian Dior – Build Studios

Kendall Jenner's Zimmermann dress may say Summer, but her Alexandre Vauthier Couture boots say Fall

Kendall Jenner’s Zimmermann dress may say Summer, but her Alexandre Vauthier Couture boots say Fall

14 Responses to Celine Dion’s street style takes a risqué route in Alexander McQueen

1. Rorie August 3, 2017 at 17:03 #

I don’t love the visible-brassiere effect of the top, but otherwise, this is seriously fun! The embroidery is so delicate and pretty. And I love seeing her bring fancier pieces to the street. I enjoy seeing formal pieces styled in less formal ways – why shouldn’t we find excuses to wear gorgeous pieces every day, if we can? 🙂

• Amparo August 5, 2017 at 22:05 #

Yes you are right. She has the personality, the skinny body and the money to wear what she wants, when she wants it.

2. Pheephee August 3, 2017 at 01:17 #

The dress is really ugly but she wears it as well as can be. I LOVE her going out day after day with so much fashion zest though. Its exciting and interesting to see.

3. CreoleLady August 2, 2017 at 22:33 #

Not so secret garden there with that floral arrangement. TGIL (thank goodness its lined). Nope, nuh-uh, newp.

4. Christine August 2, 2017 at 22:17 #

She is living her best fashion life right now. Understandable. She is going through the “fun” phase and that is so precious and endearing, but this dress is still fug.

5. Kathy August 2, 2017 at 20:23 #

Celine can do no wrong. Even when she’s wearing what looks like one dress under another that’s been ripped in half.

6. trudy August 2, 2017 at 19:25 #

She is a real diva and a living legend, a real artist who has the right to wear luxury and artsy dresses.
    However she looks very slim, I hope she is not ill.

7. Schoolbea August 2, 2017 at 16:38 #

Even if this is another case of unfortunate embroidery placement for me, I love it! I’m not sure why I do, but I love it. I think it is the way she’s approaching fashion lately, which is so unapologetically excessive that I can’t help but bow down to her (as someone else commented, even if I don’t necessarily love every outfit of hers).

She’s giving us great moments, that’s for sure!

8. Fiona-Brasil August 2, 2017 at 16:37 #

Hors-concours!She is having fun after a long mourning and can get away with everything in my book…

9. meme August 2, 2017 at 15:33 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS except for the shoes she chose. Celine is having a field day in Paris!

10. Alina August 2, 2017 at 15:24 #

The fun she seems to have with fashion at the moment makes me overlook some of the elements I don’t like about certain looks of hers.

She has had great moments during previous years, but this year she is full of life. A breath of fresh air, trully.

• Caroline August 2, 2017 at 16:01 #

11. JHH August 2, 2017 at 15:14 #

Oh my goodness. I was just about to do post asking about this look because I was trying to identify the designer. Thanks for including it. As to the dress, I like the addition of the lining. I am not loving the shoes. Where is she going, I wonder? I would love to live the kind of life where I would wear something like this out and about to run errands or meet friends for lunch, etc. Even though I am not a fan of her music, I tremendously enjoy her street style even when I am not crazy about the outfit.

12. gabis August 2, 2017 at 15:00 #

She is one of the few millionaire celebrities that actually dress like a millionaire celebrity. Very dressed-up street style. I guess she doesn’t want to waste/limit beautiful clothes to big events.
    Except for the horrible shoes, she looks great here.