Menu

Nicole Kidman was back on the red carpet for the ‘Top of the Lake: China Girl’ premiere held at Sydney Opera House today (August 1) in Australia.

Channelling her inner ballerina, the actress wore a dainty dress from Zuhair Murad’s Fall 2017 Couture collection, which sees her stick to a neutral hue.

I know reader Meme will be disappointed to see yet another frou frou dress from Nicole, and some might think she raided Elle Fanning’s closet while they were promoting ‘The Beguiled’, but I absolutely adore how precious this look is, even though I wish she’d opted for a different belt; considering her gold Jimmy Choo sandals.

Both her hair and makeup up are exquisite here.

You’ll get no complaints from me.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Krysten Ritter In Julien Macdonald - 'Marvel's The Defenders' New York Premiere

Krysten Ritter In Julien Macdonald – ‘Marvel’s The Defenders’ New York Premiere

Jessica Biel In Elie Saab - 'The Sinner' Series Premiere Screening

Jessica Biel In Elie Saab – ‘The Sinner’ Series Premiere Screening

24 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘Top of the Lake: China Girl’ Sydney Premiere

1. ayatlaw August 2, 2017 at 14:29 #

Essentially she looks lovely, but there is something amiss. The color perhaps? Length of gown? The frou frouness of it all? I can’t put my finger on it–so maybe it is all of it. I’m not quite sold on this look.

2. CC August 2, 2017 at 01:56 #

I was actually at the event last night, and I don’t think the photos do the dress justice. It was in reality uber-sparkly, which lifted it from the neutral shade somewhat. It was gorgeous and regal, and she looked flawless. I’m not usually a fan of the frou-frou, but it was amazing.

• Kathy August 2, 2017 at 10:13 #

I had a feeling this might be the case. It seems like the kind of dress that’s very dimensional IRL, but falls flat in pictures. I just wish the color were a bit more exciting.

3. JHH August 1, 2017 at 16:12 #

I agree that her hair and makeup are lovely but I am not over the moon about this dress on her. I find the color boring on her.

4. Aocc August 1, 2017 at 15:35 #

She looks gorgeous! BDOTW nominee for sure

5. Jeremy August 1, 2017 at 15:16 #

Well, I agree with most of the comments re: the colour and style of the dress.

I will say one thing though, the dress looks better on her than it does on Sara Sampaio, who’s one of the hottest models working right now and a Victoria’s Secret Angel. So that’s saying something! haha.

#StillGotIt

• Susie August 1, 2017 at 16:47 #

Totally agree.

6. meme August 1, 2017 at 14:30 #

Hi CK, thanks for the mention. I really missed this site when you went away for a while. So glad you’re back. NOW…it seems a lot of people are disliking this look. I don’t hate it but it looks very bridal to me. Lose the sleeves, lower the neckline and I could see Grace Kelly swanning around in this a la Rear Window.

7. Chris August 1, 2017 at 14:06 #

I’m one of the only persons here, but I love it, I think she looks gorgeous! Nicole sells it to me, I really like the beauty look, too, it’s what saves her from looking washed out and selling the look.

• Chris August 1, 2017 at 14:08 #

That being said, I’d also love to see some color from her at the Emmys, it’s been a LOT of black, silver and nude from her the past two years when she proved at the SAG Awards (still her best look this year) how gorgeous she can look in some bold color.

• anonymous as always August 1, 2017 at 14:29 #

True. I love her but I really want to see her in color again!

8. Caroline August 1, 2017 at 12:46 #

She looks lovely.

9. Christine August 1, 2017 at 12:21 #

This is just boring

10. Alina August 1, 2017 at 11:38 #

IMO, Zuhair Murad is not the right brand for Nicole. I don’t like the dress and I don’t think it was a good idea for her. She would look amazing in some strong colours.

The Emmys are coming up and she’s a big nominee. Hopefully she’ll deliver some colour.

I would love to see these dresses on her. Bold colours, no fuss, flawless makeup and hairstyle and she could have the world at her feet.

• CreoleLady August 1, 2017 at 12:01 #

*standing ovation* COMPLETELY agree. Kidman is channelling her inner little girl here. Prefer it when she channels the grown women that she is with boldness and flair. Still missing the Nicole who wore chartreuse green…..

• Schoolbea August 1, 2017 at 17:48 #

^ This.

It would be amazing to see her in the designs that Alina has chosen. Someone send the memo to her stylist.

• Maya August 1, 2017 at 12:05 #

I agree as well! Nicole can be so spectacular on the red carpet (her caped McQueen at the 2016 Met Gala comes to mind) and I hope she pulls out all the stops for the Emmys, especially since her Oscars gown was so colorless.

• VG August 1, 2017 at 13:53 #

That red GV will look glorious on her! It reminds me of that red Balenciaga she wore to the Oscars years ago…and she looked amazing in that.

I kind of love this look Zuhair Murad on her though. She’s the only person that can make me like his designs! She looks amazing IMO

11. TeaAtTwo August 1, 2017 at 11:27 #

The frou neckline and the hue competing with here pale colouring making it all look drab. I don’t like this all.

12. Maya August 1, 2017 at 11:16 #

I think the color is terrible on her, I wish she’d stop wearing the skin shades!

• justme August 1, 2017 at 11:20 #

I agree. Just like Elle, Nicole should avoid colours which are too close to her skin tone .

• SilentVisitor August 1, 2017 at 11:46 #