Menu

Beyonce Knowles In Johanna Ortiz – FYF Festival

Beyonce Knowles spent the weekend at the FYF Festival in LA in support of sister, Solange.

But, just because she appeared to be holding court in Solange’s trailer, Bey would not be deterred to dress down—at least not too much.

Indeed, that was the interesting thing about this Johanna Ortiz Fall 2017 look; it had all the designer’s signature flourish of feminine ruffles and bouffant sleeves, done up in a semi-athleisure package.

I actually loved the juxtaposition of the fancy hoodie with the flare skirt, which she topped off with Stella McCartney’s sporty platforms and a Gucci pink backpack for good measure.

It had a relaxed-luxe mood that boasted a cool, modern ease.

Gucci GG Marmont Quilted Leather Backpack
Credit: Vogue.com & Beyonce.com

Jane Fonda wears Azzaro Couture to her Tribute ceremony

Jane Fonda wears Azzaro Couture to her Tribute ceremony

Zoe Saldana In Valentino - Avant Garden Gala

Zoe Saldana In Valentino – Avant Garden Gala

21 Responses to Beyonce Knowles In Johanna Ortiz – FYF Festival

1. Nat August 1, 2017 at 18:05 #

Another case of styling gone bad. Actually I like the skirt and hoodie together. Seems very modern and non diva. However, the Gucci bag is feels lost with the outfit. The shoes are good but, it is not flattering her outfit due the length of the skirt and ruffles.

2. SilentVisitor August 1, 2017 at 11:48 #

She should have dropped the bag and chosen a simpler top…this isn’t so bad compared to her previous looks

3. Alina August 1, 2017 at 05:16 #

The only thing I’d change here is the top. A nice white tank top would have been better, imo.

4. Pheephee August 1, 2017 at 02:15 #

No. The styling brings it down for me. Makes it too busy. The hair down, the ug shoes, and the bag , too much.

5. Crystalline August 1, 2017 at 01:59 #

Trying too hard as always. By the way… I am sweating only from looking at the hoodie, considering LA’s weather right now. Completely OTT and bulky.

6. Christine July 31, 2017 at 23:01 #

I like the styling and the execution better on the model. Bey looks try hardy here

7. Nadia99 July 31, 2017 at 22:30 #

Always entertaining to see the Beyonce haters rushing to comment on how much they dislike her look/person.
    Anyways, cute look on her.

• james August 1, 2017 at 15:04 #

Get real, she just can’t dress. Doesn’t mean she is not talented. But you can’t have it all in life :-p

• Nadia99 August 1, 2017 at 20:05 #

I am very real, thank you. Also, don’t lie and tell me that 100% of the comments on the posts about her only talk about her sense of style. I don’t think you can.
        I don’t like everything she wears and I’m not a part of the Beyhive (can’t stan someone who wears fur), but she could wear the most sensational gown ever and still get dragged here.
        When Catherine posts about someone I can’t stand, I try not to comment. I like to cheer not hate. it’s too basic.

8. kane July 31, 2017 at 22:09 #

Not my style at all. But works as an outfit.

9. Schoolbea July 31, 2017 at 22:00 #

This looks very busy and bulky to me. Not my cup of tea. No to the colours of every item: the clothes’ Brown, the white in the shoes, the sugary pink in the sporty-luxe bag. No.No.

10. JHH July 31, 2017 at 21:49 #

I like the skirt and that is it. I don’t like the top and as said by others the shoes and the bag have no business being with the outfit.

11. Charlotte July 31, 2017 at 21:15 #

I like this without the bag, who doesn’t belong to this look !

12. Leandra July 31, 2017 at 21:11 #

A minor correction must be made in your introductory text : ” Beyonce Knowles spent the weekend at the FYF Festival in LA ‘trying to steal the spotlight’ of sister, Solange.” There. I fixed it for you.
    That bag paired with those shoes? hahaha. Girl, please…
    No redemption.

• JHH July 31, 2017 at 21:52 #

Really, you think she was trying to steal Solange’s spotlight? Why? Does she not get enough attention? What did she do other than showing up to suggest that? Solange seemed happy to have her there.

• Leandra July 31, 2017 at 22:50 #

No! I don’t think she does it at a conscious way. Her narcisism blinds any perceptiveness , any common sense and she acts by impulse, it seems. But she DOES take the attention from the sister.,,
        Anyway, she has all the rights in this world to be there, Im clearly biased. I openly admit it.
        Im sure they all love each other to the bits, Beyonce kicking out the sister for the 1rst ex drug dealer, convicted fellon who crossed her way, Solange slapping his face for being a cheater… It is ALL LOVE. Being Virgen Mary wasnt enough and now she plays Sister Mary Antona Ebo.
        But back to the fashion, bad styling is a constant in her outings. See that bag ?

• Leandra July 31, 2017 at 22:52 #

She has a great voice nevertheless. I take my hat for her in that department.

• moonbeam August 1, 2017 at 00:24 #

You clearly don’t like Beyonce and yet you seem to know ALLLLLLL about her. *eyes rolling* No one has put a gun to your head, forcing you to pay so much attention to Beyonce.

• Leandra August 1, 2017 at 08:02 #

@moonbeam: I think what I dont like its her attitude nowadays. I liked her a lot during the Destiny Child’s times.
            Still, I can express my dislike provided the basic rules of conduct are not breached.

• JHH August 1, 2017 at 07:32 #

I disagree but we are all entitled to our opinions. Beyonce takes attention away from because she is a huge international star and paparazzi magnet and Solange is not a star of the same scale and not necessarily because of something that Beyonce is doing at the moment they are together. In your scenario, Beyonce is damned for showing up to hang with her sister and would basically have to stay home to avoid being called an attention hound.

• Leandra August 1, 2017 at 07:52 #

I agree with you. She is a papparazzi magnet. Whatever she does she is being scrutinized.