Olivia Wilde In Alice + Olivia – Watch What Happens Live

Olivia Wilde let her skirt do all the talking—or at least some of it—when she sat down with host Andy Cohen for ‘Watch What Happens Live’ and fellow special guest, Anderson Cooper.

The actress, who is starring in the new ‘1984’ play, donned Alice + Olivia Resort 2018 shorts with a poufy black overskirt that was artfully scrawled with ‘FEMINIST’-embroidered sequins.

Slogan pieces can sometimes venture over-the-top, but on Olivia, she maintained a chic, sleek edge to the in-your-face boldness; her styling deserving of the credit with a simple black T-shirt and the punchy accents of her bold red Jennifer Behr headband, Jennifer Fisher earrings and heels.

The Alice + Olivia feminism-promoting skirt is just one example of fashion’s literal, slogan-heavy feminist movement that have been seen from other designers the likes of Christian Dior (‘We Should All Be Feminists’ tee) and Prabal Gurung (‘The Future is Female’ shirt).

Credit: & Bravo TV

Jessica Biel In Elie Saab - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Jessica Biel In Elie Saab – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Olivia Palermo's Topshop Floral Embroidered Shacket

Olivia Palermo’s Topshop Floral Embroidered Shacket

10 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Alice + Olivia – Watch What Happens Live

1. kane July 27, 2017 at 10:57 #

Trying a tad too much.

2. Kathy July 27, 2017 at 08:46 #

I like her shoes, but I would lose the headband.

That being said…I can’t stand the trend of splashing feminist manifestos on clothing. It rings hollow, especially when it’s coming from high-end brands who continue to charge ridiculous prices. Let’s stop pretending the oppression of women doesn’t go hand-in-hand with certain elitist views espoused by these designers. I’m not anti-fashion, I’d just rather they stay in their lane. /end rant

• Nat July 28, 2017 at 19:27 #

I agree with you. Also, it is quite hypocritical at least for Dior to make money out of a cause whereas the proceeds of the t-shirt does not go to help women around the world who actually are oppressed such in countries located in Africa, Middle East. Whenever I see brands coming out with social justice causes as design it reminds me of the fake protest Chanel made in some of the shows last year I think. /endrant

• Cate July 30, 2017 at 04:03 #

Agreed 100%

3. CreoleLady July 27, 2017 at 03:00 #

I was getting a “Rosie the Riveter” vibe from the headdress, which I kinda like. Then I saw meme’s comment. Can’t unsee the fortune teller now, lol.

• Sarah Kay July 27, 2017 at 06:18 #

This was also my interpretation. Seems like an obvious nod, which I appreciate.

• Alina July 27, 2017 at 06:23 #

I, too, see it as a Rosie the Riveter nod. I like the thought it went into this.

4. Boy July 26, 2017 at 21:23 #

Love the turban

5. JHH July 26, 2017 at 21:07 #

I like this from the forehead down — that headband/turban thing is awful.

6. meme July 26, 2017 at 20:24 #

she looks like she’s about to read their fortunes