Menu

21.07.17

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge continued making the rounds—and the wardrobe changes—during Day 2 of her royal visit to Germany on Wednesday (July 20).

Claerchens Ballhaus’ Reception: With her Prada scalloped sandals fast becoming a new favourite for the Duchess, she paired them with a Markus Lupfer Pre-Fall 2017 dress that likewise provided a less structured, more laid-back silhouette. I love her step towards elegant edginess in this artsy print, with a metal belt rounding it out.

Maritime Museum: We will be more familiar with this style of look from Catherine, in which she relied on one of her go-to designers, Emilia Wickstead, for this bespoke frock. The ladylike profile of the structured dress and swing skirt will always be an impeccable look for her—no matter how many times we see it. She did explore a new, exuberant palette in this bright lavender shade partnered with a contrasting red clutch.

Credit: Getty

Queen Mathilde of Belgium In Natan - The Belgian Royal Family Celebrates National Day

Queen Mathilde of Belgium In Natan – The Belgian Royal Family Celebrates National Day

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior - 'Planetarium' Tokyo Premiere

Natalie Portman In Christian Dior – ‘Planetarium’ Tokyo Premiere

13 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Markus Lupfer & Emilia Wickstead – Royal Germany Visit Day 2 & 3

1. Rick July 22, 2017 at 09:22 #

I don’t know how she does it: sucks the life out of everything she wears.

2. JHH July 22, 2017 at 00:28 #

The Duchess dresses like someone who is afraid of clothes and committing a fashion faux pas. It’s sad because there are royals (Queens Letitia, and Mathilde for example) who dress well, follow protocol, and show some style. The green dress is nice but has no business near the sandals. I like the lavender dress though I would love to see it with shorter sleeves and some jewelry. I give up with the pumps.

• Alba July 22, 2017 at 04:31 #

Agree, she’s been trying some more interesting dresses but the styling always takes it back to mumsy. It’s a shame, she has that tall and lean look so there’s so much potential there.

3. Kathy July 21, 2017 at 22:16 #

I love the Prada in theory, but the length is a little awkward.

4. Leandra July 21, 2017 at 22:13 #

The green dress is very Prada/esque with that print. But those sandals dont go with it. NEVER.
    The middle parted hairstyle always reminds of Tamara Ecclestone . No go.

5. CreoleLady July 21, 2017 at 18:19 #

A print and a luscious color. Well, well. I often scroll past her looks but it seems I may be pausing more often now.

6. LeeAnn July 21, 2017 at 17:48 #

Why would you wear nude suede shoes with a silver belt and a dress with silver details?
    The lavender colour is nice but no evidence of any jewellery to pep it up .
    She kills the life out of clothes.

7. Oknow July 21, 2017 at 17:20 #

She needs to burn those nude pumps.

• Nat July 21, 2017 at 18:21 #

I agree and her old and worn out black, nude, and navy wedges.

• Crystalline July 22, 2017 at 02:57 #

Agree. Those nude pumps are beyond boring and predictable. We need something out of her text book.

8. Alina July 21, 2017 at 16:42 #

I see that her team is making an effort to shake things up .

These are, again, two lovely dresses. Unfortunately, the styling is far from perfect. I may be the only one, but I think that the Duchess’s current hairstyle is somehow dated.

On top of the styling flaws, she really does not inject any life or joy into these clothes.

• Lancel July 21, 2017 at 20:07 #

I agree about the hair.

• Pheephee July 21, 2017 at 21:41 #

I also agree about the hair. It IS somehow dated.