Menu

21.07.17

BALMAIN Celebrates LA Boutique Opening and Beats by Dre Collaboration

BALMAIN’s bevy of beauties all came out to play on Thursday (July 20) in Beverly Hills to celebrate the opening of the French house’s first-ever West Coast boutique as well as the launch of the BALMAIN Special Edition Beats Studio Wireless and Powerbeats3 Wireless, which became available on July 19.

The BALMAIN Resort 2018 women’s and men’s collections made the rounds throughout the evening, set against music sets by DJ Kiss and DJ M.O.S. as well as a special live performance by MIGOS.

Here, all the dazzling BALMAIN looks that creative director Olivier Rousteing and his celebrity friends served up.

Hailee Steinfeld
: Never shy of toying with the more avant-garde, Hailee was a statement-making starlet in the BALMAIN army on this night with her striking head-to-toe suit of fashion armor that she commanded with ease.

Kim Kardashian: Mixing low-key with high-octane, she undoubtedly garnered attention with her more casual crop bralette paired with an embellished, windowpane skirt. Keeping the look beautifully simple in its styling, she wore Lucite heels that were nearly invisible along with nude makeup and long Cleopatra locks to complete the very Kim K look.

Kate Bosworth
: The true epitome of a party dress defined, this flirtatious frock was sophisticatedly edgy in its gilded, backless design. But it was the playful fun of the tutu that really delivered the soiree-ready whimsy. Giuseppe Zanotti pumps completed the look.

Monica: There was nothing that was not strikingly cool about Monica’s statement—from her ice-blonde pixie cut to her cutout, fringe dress that predicted a night of shimmying on the dance floor.

Kerry Washington: Taking a little white mini out for a spin, Kerry elevated the standard LWD with this intriguing, dimensionally embellished number. Her styling likewise reflected the edgy mood with her sleek locks and metallic-accented stilettos.

Halsey: Imbuing her look with her unique brand of punk rocker-chic attitude, Halsey combined casual T-shirt and sultry corset dressing—topping it all off with a blue mani for added impact.

Poppy Delevingne
: Deconstruction never looked so dazzling as this offering by Poppy, as she worked this netted dress with glam-forward appeal and increased the sizzle with her deep oxblood lip. Jimmy Choo ‘Minny’ sandals completed the statement look.

Ireland Baldwin: Here, the LBD got a whole new lease on life with netting and fringe that was sultry indeed, but also made for a night of party-ready revelry.

Gillian Jacobs: It may have been a mini, but this little frock packed maximum impact and allure in its embellishment and embroidery—with the red lip being the cherry on top.

Olivier Rousteing
: As the star of the evening with his constellation of cool girls around him, Olivier couldn’t have cut a cooler profile himself than in this black-and-white power look that he wore so enviably nonchalantly.

Credit: Getty Images for BALMAIN

Olivia Munn In Cinq à Sept - Comic-Con 2017

Olivia Munn In Cinq à Sept – Comic-Con 2017

Julia Garner In Miu Miu - AOL Build Series & 'Ozark' New York Screening

Julia Garner In Miu Miu – AOL Build Series & ‘Ozark’ New York Screening

19 Responses to BALMAIN Celebrates LA Boutique Opening and Beats by Dre Collaboration

1. Dhppy July 24, 2017 at 04:07 #

Balmain is like Versace of the 90s. High end gaudy.

2. Christine July 23, 2017 at 13:00 #

Monica and Oliver both look good

3. Nat July 22, 2017 at 15:16 #

Almost everyone is tacky and overdressed. The only look I liked was Kate. Also, Kim skirts looks like it is 2 sizes too small and the seams will bust open if she seats or breaths. All the looks are forgettable.

4. Cute Stuff July 22, 2017 at 09:12 #

OMG! Kim is almost dressed – I am so bloody sick of these get ups.

5. Fanny July 22, 2017 at 08:02 #

(I kind of like Kim’s skirt, but I wish she’d paired it with a top that was a tad longer)

6. Alina July 22, 2017 at 06:52 #

Kim’s skirt is the only thing I’d save here. Someone give that skirt to Elizabeth Banks / Naomie Harris and style it with a simple, white satin top. Please and thank you.

7. Lashae July 22, 2017 at 06:30 #

Almost every outfit is terrible (outside of Gillian Jacobs, hers is nice)

Also, Kim K. and Hailee S. are nominees for WDOTY with these looks

8. Alba July 22, 2017 at 04:23 #

Hailee and Kate’s looks are the best; I really love the tutu on Kate. I’m surprised to see Gillian Jacobs, I don’t really associate her with the Balmain look.

9. Crystalline July 22, 2017 at 03:18 #

Kim K’s waist is killing me !!! Ohh.. by the way. I am curious what did FC wear to this event? I saw your live insta-story yesterday!

10. Pheephee July 21, 2017 at 23:40 #

Wow. Those are some really ugly outfits.
    Hailees I can put in the WDOTY pile. its hideous looking.
    I had high hopes for Kim with her recent looks to be dashed by this idiocy.
    I suppose to be positive lol Gillian might be passable.

11. JHH July 21, 2017 at 22:40 #

I usually dislike Balmain because the stuff is so overwrought and flashy/tacky but somehow despite not wanting to, I find myself liking Hailee’s and Monica’s looks (except the purse). It’s the “if you are going to go overwrought then go all the way” approach that I can respect. The rest are pretty awful though Poppy does manage to make her outfit look less awful than it is. I find Kate’s dress very unflattering and same for Kerry’s.The others are just bad.

12. Kathy July 21, 2017 at 22:12 #

All of these looks are so overworked, as is usually the case with Balmain. Rousteing wouldn’t know restraint if it smacked him in the face.

That being said, I do enjoy Poppy and Ireland’s looks. Plenty of visual interest, without veering into tacky territory. Gillian looks nice as well, though her hair is too severe.

• Kathy July 21, 2017 at 22:25 #

BTW, just out of curiosity, was this a sponsored post? It certainly reads like one, since not one of the descriptions contains any criticisms. Although I suppose Rachel could just be a big fan of Balmain, which is totally her right.

• Catherine Kallon July 21, 2017 at 23:04 #

Hi Kathy,

No this wasn’t a sponsored post.

If this was I would be required to state that it was

Cx

• Kathy July 22, 2017 at 12:34 #

Thank you, FC. Good to know.

• Leandra July 21, 2017 at 22:32 #

The show was the embodiment of EXAGERATION, more than ever. I was visually tired about middle way. You could see despair on the attendees faces. It was like ” will this never end?”

13. Nat39 July 21, 2017 at 22:01 #

Kate Bosworth is adorable.

Kim needed a more substantial/at least slightly longer top for balance – it would’ve looked better if she had covered more of that rib cage.

14. Hermoine July 21, 2017 at 21:59 #

Yep…. that’s Balmain alright…. and that’s all I can say

15. Leandra July 21, 2017 at 21:57 #

Considering how difficult are these looks to put everybody was looking ” foine” (not FINE) with exception of the Kreature.
    Poppy s dress is horrible but she still is the more poised of them all.