Menu

14.07.17 Menswear, Premiere

‘Dunkirk’ London Premiere

The ‘Dunkirk’ world premiere was held on Thursday (July 13) in London; here, a roundup of the red-carpet entrances.

Tom Hardy: Not content to resort to a standard suit for the high-profile premiere, Tom looked to Gucci for this midnight-blue three-piece ‘Monaco’ suit that featured an all-over diamond-print. With his striped tie and shirt and the contrasting pocket square, I feel as if he could have probably done without the tie clips. Christian Louboutin shoes rounded out his suave statement.

Charlotte Riley: I was thrilled to see Charlotte in the Galvan jumpsuit from the Pre-Fall 2017 collection that Shay Mitchell previously wore in a different colourway. The piece presents so much better in the singular shade, as she was modern elegance personified here—while smartly coordinating in hue with husband Tom’s midnight-blue look.

Harry Styles: Harry makes his acting debut in ‘Dunkirk,’ and he dressed to impress for his red-carpet premiere in a custom Gucci double-breasted suit that may have been tamer than his penchant for bold, colourful looks. But, it still had all of his eternally cool, sartorial nonchalance. I love how he finished the ensemble with the burgundy-red boots that were another nod to his signature style.

Barry Keoghan: The Irish up-and-comer wore a handsome Dior Homme suit that precluded the need for a tie given the crisp structure of the white shirting. He completed the look with Dior derbies.

Clara Paget: With a swirl of kaleidoscope hues, Clara gave this Chanel Spring 2017 gown its second outing after Astrid Berges-Frisbey previously wore it earlier this year. But I will never complain of seeing such a colourful delight twice. What I will nitpick is the clunky shoes that killed the billowy vibe.

Jack Lowden: Impeccable tailoring always sweeps me off my feet, and that’s just what this dunhill suit did.

Credit: Getty

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Preen - Hintze Hall Launch Event

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Preen – Hintze Hall Launch Event

Alexa Chung & Daisy Lowe are Instaglam in Alessandra Rich & Emilio de la Morena

Alexa Chung & Daisy Lowe are Instaglam in Alessandra Rich & Emilio de la Morena

13 Responses to ‘Dunkirk’ London Premiere

1. Raquel July 15, 2017 at 08:04 #

Tom: the fabric is to die for, the fit is great, but the clips are too too much.

Charlotte: not impressed. Looks very generic, from hair to toes.

Harry: for a custom suit the jacket fitting is bad, and the collar of his shirt should be up. But other than that he looks really good and effortless cool.

Barry: I can’t help it, he reminds a priest/minister.

Clara: the shoes ruins it.

Jack: best dressed men in a very long time.

2. Nat39 July 14, 2017 at 22:34 #

I’m a bit surprised it’s a custom on Harry – the jacket is a bit too loose for him. The pants are perfect though, loving the burgundy shoes and the hair, and he just needed to fix the collar/go a button up on his shirt.
    Tom overdid it with the tie pins a little bit, but it’s not a big deal.
    Barry could’ve undone the top button on his shirt for a more relaxed feel (+ added a pocket square for a flair) or should’ve worn a tie otherwise, it’s neither one way or the other.
    Jack looks sharp but standard and boring.

Can’t help but feel a bit disappointed, esp. after having been checking out some men’s style during NYFW all week long, Paris Warren was killing it.

3. Pheephee July 14, 2017 at 20:46 #

The boys look so great! Charlotte also.
    I love Tom Hardys look the most.

4. Boy July 14, 2017 at 16:31 #

Harry is perfect from head to toe, awesome mix of polished and relaxed.
    The tailoring in Jack’s suit is to die for, and makes it an unforgettable look.
    Tom is super handsome and looks dapper in his three-piece suit. Love the print.

5. Fanny July 14, 2017 at 16:12 #

Tom Hardy looks amazing.

6. Caroline July 14, 2017 at 15:56 #

Jack is my best dressed here and damnnnnn, Tom Hardy is fine.

7. Ange July 14, 2017 at 14:55 #

Harry Styles is the best dressed male in the world today. His fashion choices are always bold and never safe .

8. Hermoine July 14, 2017 at 13:27 #

Never heard of the jack fellow but my word do I need to investigate!!!

9. CreoleLady July 14, 2017 at 12:13 #

The men look good here, hope we get a poll this week.

10. Chris July 14, 2017 at 12:01 #

I really like Harry’s look and the boots are awesome.

11. Marie July 14, 2017 at 11:51 #

I’m always here for three-piece and double-breasted suits, though I do agree about the tie clip. I feel like it’s a bit too much and it always draws my attention to it. I do love the suit though. And Charlotte, her understated elegant look goes so well with his.
    That said; a double-breasted custom Gucci suit topped with a quirky touch on Harry Styles? What more could I even ask for?
    I also love Clara’s dress, like, with all my heart, but the shoes bring the whole look down so much…

12. Kathy July 14, 2017 at 09:47 #

Harry looks great, but someone should pull his collar out. I don’t mind Clara’s shoes. They add a bohemian edge to the dress, and the skirt covers most of them anyway.

13. Maria F. July 14, 2017 at 09:19 #

1. love Tom Hardy’s suit

2. Clara’s dress is so fun, but the shoe choice is dead on arrival.