Menu

Beyonce Knowles is Instaglam in Palomo Spain

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on

For the second time this year Beyonce Knowles sent social media frenzy after introducing the world to her one-month-old twins, Sir and Rumi Carter on Instagram. With the image calling to mind 15th-century Sandro Botticelli’s The Birth of Venus.

In the image, captioned: “Sir Carter and Rumi 1 month today,” the singer is holding her new babies in her arms, dressed in a show-stopping gown by Spanish fashion house Palomo Spain.

The striking floor-length number was part of the brand’s Spring 2017 nature inspired collection – “Boy Walks in an Exotic Forest,” and is adorned in a whimsical floral print in mauve hues.

Throughout her pregnancy, Beyonce wowed fans with some seriously stylish outfits, spanning form-fitting dresses at red carpet events such as the Wearable Art Gala, a free flowing Gucci gown to the ‘Beauty and the Beast’ premiere to cool jeans and Gucci kimono while watching basketball.

But her most memorable outfits include her head-turning gold embellished Peter Dundas gowns that she wore to debut her baby bump on stage and on the red carpet at the Grammys back in February.

Dua Lipa In Ulyana Sergeenko - 'Dunkirk' London Premiere

Dua Lipa In Ulyana Sergeenko – ‘Dunkirk’ London Premiere

Jada Pinkett Smith In Prabal Gurung - 'Girls Trip' LA Premiere

Jada Pinkett Smith In Prabal Gurung – ‘Girls Trip’ LA Premiere

36 Responses to Beyonce Knowles is Instaglam in Palomo Spain

1. Silvia July 16, 2017 at 18:03 #

I love a confident woman, but this is ridiculous. Her ego is out of hand. She really thinks she’s the virgin Mary or something.

2. ayatlaw July 15, 2017 at 20:45 #

I really don’t understand why this bothers anyone, but confidence often unnerves people. Beyoncé is being Beyoncé. She is sharing her life at her choice with her fans. Key word FANS. If you dislike this portrait more than likely you are no fan of hers. I am no stan for B, but I love this more mature Beyoncé–who is inspired by art and replicates it. She never told anyone she was above and beyond, and she sure did not say she was mother Mary. What I gather is she is embracing motherhood and telling all people that mothers are to be upheld, loved, and appreciated. That message is certainly one I can stand behind.
    As for the Kim K comparison–come on these two women are not in the same category and there is no comparison to be made.

• Nadia99 July 15, 2017 at 23:41 #

+1 Couldn’t agree more.
      Ffs it’s a woman who posted on her IG a picture of her and her children. Women have photos like that all over social medias. She did not get paid for the babies’ pictures by a magazine unlike tons of celebrities.
      People who find this “offensive” should get their priorities straight.

3. Amina July 15, 2017 at 16:59 #

If any of the Kardashians/Jenners would have done this yall would have called them trashy and attention seeking but when it comes to Beyonce she is hailed as a queen.

4. Schoolbea July 15, 2017 at 14:57 #

Fashion-wise, I’m sorry for the dress. It could’ve been a major fashion moment in the right hands, and instead it is being used as a costume in a tableau that I prefer not to comment much upon. I’ll just say that there are ways to celebrate motherhood and femininity that aren’t so over the top.

And regarding the comments, I think people are entitled to disliking exaggeration and egocentric displays, why not. Even if you’ve earned it, I can still dislike it as a principle and as an aesthetic.

5. Jerusa Herrera July 15, 2017 at 13:59 #

I cannot belive this is real, did she? really? Does she really needs *THAT MUCH* attention? ha ha ha

6. MH July 15, 2017 at 12:21 #

Can’t bear this. More for what it represents. As someone who is struggling with fertility issues I find this whole Mother Earth act totally offensive. I don’t resent her for having kids but this tacky and over the top presentation is just wrong. Have a word with yourself *Queen* Bey.

• moonbeam July 15, 2017 at 15:55 #

You are way too sensitive. If this “offends” you, it’s a wonder how you live in the real world. Just because you’re struggling with something doesn’t make someone “wrong” for celebrating a joyous occasion in their life.

• MH July 21, 2017 at 08:12 #

Mate, I’ve been dealing with the “when are you having a baby?” comments for two years now. I don’t begrudge Beyonce her children and I don’t have a problem with celebrating but the way that she is flaunting it is just plain vulgar. And I’m sorry if you think I’m being overly sensitive but when you want something more than anything in the world and not even your closest friends know what you’re going through it’s tough. So yes, maybe I am sensitive, but I think I’m entitled to feel that way and I’m not going to let anyone else tell me otherwise.

• Ahot July 16, 2017 at 05:02 #

More power to you, i hope you will be able to hold your own bundles of joy soon, MH.

To her defense, Beyoncé did struggle alot with conceiving as well herself, so it´s understandable why she would be so extra about having her babies, be it Blue Ivy or the Carter Gemini.

• MH July 21, 2017 at 08:13 #

Thanks Ahot <3 I guess it takes all sorts. Struggle or no, you'll never find me posting pictures like this. Live and let live I guess. I'll just make sure to avoid Beyonce's social media posts as best I can in the future!

7. Kathy July 15, 2017 at 10:23 #

I’m shocked by the amount of vitriol in these comments. Yes, it’s over-the-top, but she’s hardly the first celebrity to milk the maternity photo shoot. Frankly, she can do whatever she wants. She’s earned it. When someone has done as much to shape the modern music industry as Beyonce has, and poured millions of dollars to causes big and small, not to mention become an activist for social justice, the rallying cries for her to be “more humble” frankly ring hollow.

• CreoleLady July 15, 2017 at 13:26 #

ITA except that I am not shocked. Yeah, that “more humble” was quite something. Whether one likes the execution or not, I think she is trying to show that fertility and womanhood is a source of strength, beauty and pride. Not to be hidden, stifled and cloaked but celebrated, respected and even flaunted. No more sitting in the back of the bus. This woman knows how to make lemonade out of lemons

8. Raquel July 15, 2017 at 07:42 #

I can’t stop looking at her belly button, which is so photoshopped it hurts. I dislike the whole thing, minus the babies who are too cute for words.

Also, this gow belongs to Celine Dion, who, in her current fashion moment, would have rocked the hell out of this.

9. Ana July 15, 2017 at 05:15 #

Sorry but this is tacky AF! If Kim K did this everyone would have mocked her, not worshipped her. I find her photoshopped tummy really obvious. The colours are pretty and the babies are cute of course.
    Not sure what happened to Beyonce she used to be so down to earth, remember when she released photos of Blue Ivy on Tumblr, just cute hospital shots?

Also is his name Sir Carter or Sir Carter Carter? Rumi had no Carter after it.

10. Lola July 15, 2017 at 00:22 #

Yes, i’m rolling my eyes! Beyonce is doing the most as usual! However, I guess I am the only one who doesn’t hate this photo-shoot (holds breath for backlash). I normally cant stand Beyonce’s fashion game, but I think she looks pretty here!

11. JHH July 14, 2017 at 23:53 #

I hate everything about this picture excep the babies who are adorable.

• JHH July 14, 2017 at 23:54 #

Except not excep.

12. Lancel July 14, 2017 at 19:59 #

Ridiculosity personified. Completely detached from the babies. Like they don’t exist. Of course, they aren’t the main subject. The babies are just one more opportunity for her to play her beloved role of saint Mary.

• Susie July 15, 2017 at 16:16 #

+1 to this. The focal point of this photo is Beyonce’s face (that’s where the light is hitting the most, it’s framed by the floral arch and that silly mantle, etc…) – our eyes go there immediately. Visually, the babies are lost in the folds of her flouncy dress. They might as well be accessories.

This photo isn’t a celebration of motherhood, but a celebration of Beyoncé and her ego. Count me in with all the eye rollers here 🙂

13. kane July 14, 2017 at 18:58 #

This obviously harks back to the pregnancy annoucement, so… fine. Hadley Freeman made the interesting connection to the Birth of Venus, fine too. She hardly dresses to my taste, but I have come to not expect too much of her in the fashion department, so that’s fine three.

14. justme July 14, 2017 at 18:01 #

Interesting comments.

Céline is allowed to be dramatic and over the top in the streets of Paris but Beyoncé needs to be “subdued” in her pregnancy photoshoot? Of course lol

• A famous nobody July 14, 2017 at 18:25 #

There is a considerable difference between a middle aged woman in an “excentric” style explosion and the pretentiousness of aspiring to be compared with divinity in all its glory.

• moonbeam July 14, 2017 at 18:31 #

How is Beyonce “aspiring to be compared with divinity”? She’s wearing clothes based on images that inspire her/images she likes. Most women do this.

• justme July 14, 2017 at 18:56 #

Exactly. Celebrities (and non-celebrities tbh) do photoshoots inspired by history, mythology, science, nature, etc… all the time.
          Some people’s reaction to Beyoncé is always along the lines of “she needs to be humble, she mustn’t be extravagant, etc…” It’s weird.

• A famous nobody July 14, 2017 at 19:36 #

She plays with archetypically religious imaginery and you expect no controversy? Really ? Girl, please. I’m not religious but the topic deserves discussion.
            Besides, she isn’t the only one, she isn’t a martir : Madonna( the artist) was criticized much before her.

• Nat July 14, 2017 at 19:09 #

I disagree. I think Beyonce style is tacky and so is Celine Dion style.

15. Lisa July 14, 2017 at 16:45 #

rolling my eyes at this…

16. Pheephee July 14, 2017 at 16:38 #

So unbelievably tacky. but she always is. Sorry but this is so so silly.

• Leandra July 14, 2017 at 17:36 #

There she is in all her glory – Madonna and Child (two of them!! Sorry Virgen Mary you’re a loser…). If you look closely, there’s the 3 wise men in the background holding their pots of gold, frankinsence and myrrh.
      She really believes she is above all… I’m rolling my eyes so hard they are hitting the back of my head.

17. meme July 14, 2017 at 16:33 #

She is ridiculous and so is everything about this photoshoot. What a narcissist.

• Leandra July 14, 2017 at 17:42 #

Hey, don’t be profane. She is sacred now she’s a mother.
      She can cast a curse and you’ll be converted in a statue of salt , like Lot’s wife.

• Leandra July 14, 2017 at 17:53 #

I just read she is the highest earning artist of 2016. RESPECT for that.
        ( still. can’t. stand. her. )

• meme July 14, 2017 at 18:30 #

She’s no. 17 on the list for 2016. Taylor Swift is no. 1.

18. Iva July 14, 2017 at 16:24 #

I know I’m a minority here but I hate everything about this.

• Catherine Kallon July 14, 2017 at 17:01 #

Ha. seems like you are in the majority, not the minority